The Exterminators

HomeStars  >  Pest & Animal Control in Old Toronto  >  The Exterminators

Reviews for The Exterminators

Robt in Old Toronto
Robt in Old Toronto

Clearing rats from rental property

Houses in the area are having basements underpinned and this has led to brown rats being disturbed and invading other houses. The infestation was dealt with promptly and efficiently. Eleven rats were killed. The property is clean and pest free. Personnel were knowledgeable and friendly. All work is to a high standard. I can recommend the Exterminators without hesitation.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We appreciate it.
Rats are indeed becoming increasingly prominent given increased construction projects throughout the city.

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Carpenter Ant Problem

We just got a carpenter ant colony near our propety and before they invade our home I called the Exterminatros, Simon was able to explain the process in details and sent a techicialn next day. So, we hope the issue is solved now!

Thank you John for taking the time and writing this review. We really appreciate the feedback. Please let us know if the ants return!

citylifedogobedience in Old Toronto
citylifedogobedience in Old Toronto

Great Job

I live in an older building and there was a issue, I didn't just have roaches. I had an all out infestation. And The Exterminators solved it.
Very professional and on time.

Hi,
thank you for writing this review.
Some older buildings in the city do have chronic problems with all types of pests but especially cockroaches. I'm happy we got the issue resolved for you. Let us know if we can help in any other way. Thanks again

Stan in Edison
Stan in Edison

Mice Issue Solved!

Excellent pest control company! Simon was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional, the initial call to set up an inspection visit went very smoothly, a technician arrived next day to do the inspection and solve the problem. The technician took time to clearly explained all treatment options prior the treatment. The job was completed quickly and professionally so we haven't had any mice issues since then. Thanks for your service!

we always take our time in every extermination we perform to make sure we are thorough. Our goal is to educate our customers and deal with their problems. Let us know if we can help in any other way!

John  in Old Toronto
John in Old Toronto

Cockroaches

About a month ago I discovered cockroaches in the kitchen area of my condo. I called the Exterminators to come and deal with it. From the moment they arrived I realized that I'm dealing with experienced professionals that know their job very well. They did their job and then I followed their instructions afterwords. I haven't seen any cockroaches since. I was very satisfied with the excellent customer service and professionalism. A job very well done. Highly recommended!

Hi John,
we are glad that the cockroach issue has been resolved. Please let us know if the problem comes back.
Thank you for taking the time and writing this review

John from Toronto
John from Toronto

Incompetent and totally unprofessional.

The Exterminators
647-496-2211
584 Parliament Street, #4
Toronto
M4X 1P8

This company worked together with their affiliate company Wildlife Shield to help solve our rat problem. They charged nearly $400 to put poison inside our house, at multiple locations, and outsid. They did not set a single trap until the rats were already dead and rotting. Now we have dead rats that have smelled for over 1 month. It's disgusting.

Four different people have visited our house and talked with us on the phone, and they all tell different stories, to us and to each other, about what they will do and have done. They need better communication because they have a serious problem with their service because they don't communicate effectively to each other. It seems they have no idea what's going on or even what each other has done and said.

Similar review written for the affiliate company, Wildlife Shield, as we received service from both for this issue.

John,

you hired us to get rid of the rat issue you were facing at your home. It is evident from both of your negative reviews you have written that the rat population is no longer there.

It appears however that you are dissatisfied with the process of the service we provided.

Let me walk you through, again, (please read the response to your other negative review) of the events that unfolded.

When we were first at your house there was a dead rodent smell that the technician pointed out to your partner, at which time we were unaware of your ongoing rat poisoning.

Both you and your partner reluctantly confirmed to us (both office staff and field technicians) on later dates and on separate occasions that you were poisoning rats for a couple of weeks before our first service. This information came about after we explained to you and your partner that our products could not have created the bad smell since it takes at least 5 days for them to kill the targeted pest.

In light of your existing rat poisoning and in your absence during the first service, your partner refused the setting of snap traps in your basement ceiling as this action would require us removing a make shift hatch you had created.

Again, you called us 2 days after our first service claiming that we had caused the dead rodent smell. As explained to you in detail over the phone repeatedly and in writing, the products we use do not kill in 2 days. It takes a minimum of 5 days for the products to kill after a lethal dose has been consumed.

Despite you withholding vital information in regards to the cause of the dead rodent smell we performed multiple customer service calls and followup visits in efforts to alleviate the bad smell before and after this information was revealed to us.
You and your partner have refused chemical disinfection of the drop ceiling while using a specialized fogger on multiple occasions.

On our end, we keep meticulous records of every service we provide. There has been zero miscommunication on our end on what has been done. If anything the technician should have been adamant and far less accommodating to you partners requests.

In retrospect it appears that a negative review from you would be unavoidable. Had we only placed snap traps in your drop ceiling you would still be accusing us of dead rodent smells.

It appears that you and your partner need to be on the same page when third party accusations are made in regards to ill conduct.

In any case, we are still sticking to our warranty in regards to the rat extermination.

Let us know if the problem reappears

Pauline in Toronto
Pauline in Toronto

Had cockroaches.

I prepared for the cockroach extermination in my kitchen as I was advised to do. The technician arrived on time and expertly conducted the extermination, while I waited in the lobby. He locked up, brought down my keys and advised me to not enter my condo for four hours.
I have not seen cockroaches since.

The Exterminators technicians are very professional, punctual, polite and trustworthy!

Thank you Pauline for your review. If the problem comes back for whatever reason please do let us know

Janet in Toronto
Janet in Toronto

Challenging Rat Issue

We have a home in the Grange with a challenging rat problem. We are close to Spadina and the Exterminators have identified a large amount of rat activity in our area. Although the problem has not yet been resolved, the Exterminators have been diligent in responding to our continued requests are are committed to staying with the project until the rats are gone. This has involved both bait and exclusion work and I am optimistic that we will be free of rats soon.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us Janet! As soon as we are able to gain access to the interior of the neighboring unit we will be able to expedite the extermination. We are committed to seeing this through.

x12lobo in Ottawa
x12lobo in Ottawa
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Racoon prevention

Raccoon proofed all potential entry points.Pesky creatures tried re entering after 2 years of being free of them.Inhabit the area being in the Rouge Valley and roam around at all times of the day.The company trapped 3 and took them away, but the area has many more.Intially entered our roof in 2015. In the spring of that year, Richard cleaned, disinfected and sealed the entrance with the galvanized mesh.In 2017 spring , they tried entering again(instinct to return), so Richard had to re -enforce and we accepted raccoon proofing all potential entry points.
We are very happy with the service rendered from Richard, Tom and Simon and have referred them to other home owners also in the area and to my sister who had a squirrel in her roof.The company is professional, caring and friendly and I would recommend them.We did shop around intially and some weird unprofessional people turned up!!

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing this review. We really appreciate it.
If something changes please let us know!

Pest removal

I called the exterminators because of a foul smell in my basement. I was told the cost would be $225. They would locate the dead animal and remove drywall to remove it. They would locate the entry point and advise on sealing. I was given a time estimate of 1 to 2 hours to complete this. The technician came an hour late and said he would not be able to locate the dead animal " as it could be anywhere". He stayed 20 minutes and just splashed some antiseptic fluid in the room. I paid an extra $70 for 2 vent grills.
Still have awful smell and nothing achieved. I was promised a service that I did not receive.

Celia, you hired us on December 1st to deal with a smell from rats you poisoned and it seems you have written this review immediately after our staff left your premises the same day.

When we called to see how our treatment was performing 3 days later and if a standard as per our company’s policy free of charge follow-up would be needed to accelerate the odor elimination process you refused it.

The treatment we performed takes time to take effect. When we spoke to you again yesterday you mentioned that the smell has improved drastically since the treatment.

Two of our technicians were on location for approximately an hour, neither noticed any strong dead animal smells consequently they could not pin point the exact location of the dead animal and remove the carcass in an efficient manner. Instead, they applied deodorizers through the existing openings of the wall cavity in your basement. The fact that the odour has improved substantially since our treatment is encouraging and is normal as it was explained to you the day you hired us, the day of service and during our follow up call.

The alternative would be to remove pieces of drywall until we find the source. Something you weren’t interested in.
You were made aware of all of the above facts and alternative treatment procedures when you hired us. Our policy is to give a price range for these types of services as there are many unknowns. You were charged the lowest quoted price as we are not in the business of selling additional services that are not needed.

You requested the installation of the wall vent grills and refused a professional rodent treatment as well as the sealing up of all the other rodent entry points rodents are using to enter your living space.

If you would like us to remove the drywall, vapor barrier and insulation so we can find the rodent carcass we can help and gladly quote for that service as well. However, it was not, and currently not needed as the odor has successfully and substantially decreased as you said.

Celia I highly suggest that you hire professionals to perform a rodent extermination and not continue to do it yourself as you will continue to experience the negative externalities of your own actions.

Regardless, if the odor persists, you are covered under our warranty so please let us know and we will perform the follow-up as needed.

More about The Exterminators

The Exterminators Inc. is a fully licensed Toronto pest control company that focuses on delivering the best customer service experience possible while solving pest problems. Our services are guaranteed and we offer warranties for all treatments. We offer a variety of pest control solutions for exterminating bed bugs, ants, rats, mice, cockroaches and many other pests. We take Pride in our work and see every job through. Call us today to book a no-obligation inspection with one of our licensed and insured technicians. Call The Exterminators Inc: 647-496-2211.