The Exterminators

Reviews for The Exterminators

Pearl from Richmond Hill
Pearl from Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Friendly staff, but disappointing service

I have mice in the house. After calling many companies and reading many company reviews, we chose The Exterminators because they had good reviews, and they said they would definitely visit the attic (which we knew was a problem area). So I booked my appointment with The Exterminators, and was looking forward to their professional and expert advice.

Chris arrived on time, and was polite and friendly the entire time. He came into the kitchen, looked under the sink, behind the stove, and then took a look around the basement. He then determined that the mice came in through the garage door. At this time, he hadn't looked at the exterior of the house, any other rooms, or any other floors. I was greatly disappointed, as I felt he already came to a conclusion without fully assessing my property. In particular, he hadn't (and didn't want to) inspect the attic, but we were told on the phone that the person would definitely inspect the attic.

After he gave his verdict (and seemed ready to leave), I had to practically force him to do a full walk-around the outside of the house, and then go upstairs to the attic. Even there, he only peeked his head in (did not enter). I was quite disappointed, as I was looking for feedback as to how dire my situation is, and without a comprehensive inspection, how can he give me reliable advice?

I also told him that we had deer mice, which he denied we had. I showed him a picture of a mouse we caught with our mouse trap, then he went to speak with his boss before he concluded that we did in fact have deer mice. Again, I was disappointed by the fact that I (the non-expert) was telling the expert what we had. The goal of hiring an expert was for the expert to confirm these facts to me.

He recommended weep hole covers, but said he would only do ones on the lower half of the house. I said the upper level ones were quite large and, if I had them done, I'd want them included as well. He did a quote for me on the covers, but again, only included the lower level ones. He said he would not do the upper level ones. Again, disappointed. Deer mice are climbers, so is there a point to only cover half the weep holes around the house?

All in all, Chris was friendly and seemed like a good person, but not the professional that I was seeking. Although traps were put around the house, I feel the money I paid was not worth the service I received.

Hello Pearline,

thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback.

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with the service that our technician provided in the process of resolving the mouse infestation in your home.

I would like to take this opportunity to address some of the concerns you have put forward.

It is our standard practise to inspect the interior and exterior of every household when we are dealing with mice or rats. We inspect the exterior to identify potential entry points and we inspect the interior to best place our bait stations in areas of activity within the structure.

The sequence in which the interior and the exterior inspections gets completed is in the discretion of the technician performing the service.

In your case, after inspecting the main and basement levels the technician made his way to the garage. It was evident that the garage door weather stripping was compromised. It is very common for mice and rats to gain access into a structure by first infiltrating the garage. A compromised weather stripping can allow rodents to do so. That is what the servicing technician pointed out to you.

During the exterior inspection the weep vents were pointed out as a potential entry point. It our professional take that mice do not tend to enter structures from weep vents located on upper levels of structures. All rodents can climb but it is much easier and safer, especially for smaller rodents, to infiltrate structures from openings that are as close to the ground as the rodents are. This way, they minimize energy expended and decrease the probability of being eaten by predators.

That being said, closing off upper level weep vents is something we can definitely perform for you if you so wish to but would advise against it, as it is ineffective and an unnecessary monetary cost.

It is standard practise to inspect attics for rodent activity if such activity is suspected to be in the said space. Such inspections are performed routinely. There is no need to walk around in the entirety of the attic and risk compressing your insulation and thus decreasing your attic’s R value for the mouse inspection to be performed. Mouse boroughs can be spotted easily and accurately from the attic hatch.

Bait stations were placed in all areas of concern within the structure, attic included.

To conclude, according to our GPS records, the tech was at your home for approximately an hour and a half performing the mouse extermination. I apologize if the “Pest Proofing Quote Sheet” we left behind did not include upper level weep vents, but that omission was done so in good conscience. However if you are still concerned about entry points please call us and we would gladly return and close off ALL weep vents for you along with installing the exterior rodent station that is mentioned in the quote sheet. I would strongly consider installing the exterior rodent station as your home is directly adjacent to a forested area. In this way, you will have a first line of defense as rodents come towards your structure.

From what I can gather it appears that you are no longer dealing with a mouse infestation inside our home. If things change please give us a call as you are covered under our 6 month warranty.

Monique in Toronto
Monique in Toronto

Finally exterminators who know what they are doing

I had a rat in my house, , and mice. I had three exterminators come who were of very little help. They said they couldn’t tell where the rat had come in, installed traps (one put poison which I later learned could have been a disaster) and conveyed that if I was lucky the rat would get caught. About the same for the mice. Fortunately my neighbor knew the exterminators. They looked very carefully around the house and identified several potentially problematic spots. They presented a strategy. It was obvious that they were experienced and knowledgeable. They gave me options. I went for going overboard in terms of protection but they never pushed that. The rat and the mice are gone. They always came when they had promised to come. The person who did the work was kind and efficient. I really, really appreciate the work that they have done. I have dealt with mice at my cottage so I am familiar with the challenges presented by rodents. It is very obvious to me that The Exterminators really know what they are doing.

Hi Monique, we would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience on HomeStars. We always work hard to provide superb pest control services and make sure our customers are pest free. We are pleased to hear we solved your rat issues and you have been delighted with our services. Please remember we are just one call away if you require our services again.

Dana in the Beaches
Dana in the Beaches

Not rats!

Heard loud gnawing in our main floor ceiling and immediately thought we had a rat infestation. The "good news" was that its "only" mice. Prompt professional service, thorough scan of house interior and exterior, very well informed and articulate service person, no more problems approximately three weeks after setting eight traps in my 2700 sq. ft. Beaches semi. Recommend The Exterminators.

Hi Dana, thank you for leaving a review! We always focus on providing our customers with the best pest control services. The Exterminators is a team of passionate professionals who skilled and experienced to resolve any pest issues.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Extermination, Removal of Dead Mice, Replacement of Insulation

Mice urine smell came from attic so I called "The Exterminators". Baits were placed throughout the house. When there were no more signs of activity, cleanup started. The dead mice and R20 insulation that was filled with mice feces were removed and replaced with new R60 cellulose insulation in the attic. Also 5 mesh vent covers were installed on the roof to prevent entry of racoons and squirrels. An excellent job..no more mice urine smell.

Hi there, thanks a lot for taking your time and leaving a review! Our goal is to leave our customers completely satisfied and pest free, and we are pleased to hear you had a great experience and we were able to solve your issues with mice! We thank you for choosing The Exterminators.

MJOSE in Old Toronto
MJOSE in Old Toronto

RACCOON ACTIVITY WITHIN ATTIC

Racoons living attic . Removal of racoon activity and attic had to be densifected and insulated again.
Very professional, courteous and the job was done within schedule.
Very happy with The Exterminators.
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our work. We at The Exterminators ensure that every customer receives top-notch and complete wildlife removal and extermination services.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Quick Service

I had 2 raccoons residing suddenly in my roof. I called the Exterminators (linked through Town of Whitby web search) - they were out on the Monday morning (I called Saturday in the middle of the night) - called back Sunday morning) - the did a thorough check and fixed 3 points of entry. They put their "door" in and made some suggestions for further fixes. A week later they called and asked if I heard the creatures and the answer was no so they came and removed their cage and sealed it up. They were quick and I appreciated that they didn't try to "upsell" heavily. They respected my answer and didn't push me. Their work is guaranteed, I would would recommend them to anybody needing assistance.

Robt in Old Toronto
Robt in Old Toronto

Clearing rats from rental property

Houses in the area are having basements underpinned and this has led to brown rats being disturbed and invading other houses. The infestation was dealt with promptly and efficiently. Eleven rats were killed. The property is clean and pest free. Personnel were knowledgeable and friendly. All work is to a high standard. I can recommend the Exterminators without hesitation.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We appreciate it.
Rats are indeed becoming increasingly prominent given increased construction projects throughout the city.

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Carpenter Ant Problem

We just got a carpenter ant colony near our propety and before they invade our home I called the Exterminatros, Simon was able to explain the process in details and sent a techicialn next day. So, we hope the issue is solved now!

Thank you John for taking the time and writing this review. We really appreciate the feedback. Please let us know if the ants return!

citylifedogobedience in Old Toronto
citylifedogobedience in Old Toronto

Great Job

I live in an older building and there was a issue, I didn't just have roaches. I had an all out infestation. And The Exterminators solved it.
Very professional and on time.

Hi,
thank you for writing this review.
Some older buildings in the city do have chronic problems with all types of pests but especially cockroaches. I'm happy we got the issue resolved for you. Let us know if we can help in any other way. Thanks again

Stan in Edison
Stan in Edison

Mice Issue Solved!

Excellent pest control company! Simon was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional, the initial call to set up an inspection visit went very smoothly, a technician arrived next day to do the inspection and solve the problem. The technician took time to clearly explained all treatment options prior the treatment. The job was completed quickly and professionally so we haven't had any mice issues since then. Thanks for your service!

we always take our time in every extermination we perform to make sure we are thorough. Our goal is to educate our customers and deal with their problems. Let us know if we can help in any other way!

More about The Exterminators

The Exterminators Inc. is a fully licensed Toronto pest control company that focuses on delivering the best customer service experience possible while solving pest problems. Our services are guaranteed and we offer warranties for all treatments. We offer a variety of pest control solutions for exterminating bed bugs, ants, rats, mice, cockroaches and many other pests. We take Pride in our work and see every job through. Call us today to book a no-obligation inspection with one of our licensed and insured technicians. Call The Exterminators Inc: 647-496-2211.