Vacuum Sales & Service

Reviews for Vacuums Plus

mlee
mlee

Removed a stubborn clog in central vacuum

I had a very stubborn clog in my central vacuum that Vacuums Plus cleared out without any issues. I attempted to remove it myself, including renting a 6.5HP shop vac, plumber snake, and electricians wire tape, but nothing was working.

The technician showed up and removed the clog immediately. Other contractors were asking for money just to diagnose, and were suggesting cutting into the drywall and removing pipes, or replacing the entire unit.

So glad I found Vacuums Plus. Will definitely use them for future needs.

Miele Vacuum Cleaner

Our 15 year old vacuum cleaner stopped working several weeks ago, first time we had any issues with it. I work downtown and visited the store on Spadina one day on my lunch break. Marco said he would come out to our home in the east end of Toronto and pick up the vacuum. He came on the day he promised and gave us an idea of what the problem was and a quote to fix it. Within a week or so, the machine was fixed, the total cost was exactly what he had estimated and he delivered the vacuum to our home. We could not be more pleased with Marco and the overall experience of working with Vacuums Plus.

Charles Kwun Sau in Toronto
Charles Kwun Sau in Toronto

My first "serious" vacuum

A new vacuum had been long overdue for my apartment. I almost jumped at the $299 Dyson Big Ball deal at a certain BB store. After doing some research online, to my surprise, Dyson products don't always seem to live up their hype or price. Further research pointed me to Vacuum Plus. Being a bike mechanic myself, I always wanted to purchase from places where they have expertise on products, rather than a catch-all chain store.

Marco want friendly and approachable. He started by asking me what my needs are (apartment size, pets, carpet, budget, etc.), and recommended the Miele C2 Limited Edition. Marco is extremely knowledgeable about the products he sells (he also does repair at the store), as well as the general state of the industry. I learned so much from him. He explained to me in detail why the product he recommended is the best for my needs and budget. He even mentioned a $299 Miele C1 sale at a certain BBB store, which is not much of a great deals as it seems initially, when one factors in the accessories that come with the C2 limited. I promptly purchased one and took it home with my bike trailer, although delivery is also available.

I have been very happy with my new Miele so far, and foresee many years of great service to come. I would highly recommend Vacuum Plus. Marco is an expert is him field. He offers the right level of attention to customers without being pushy at all. Overall, I was very satisfied with the shopping experience. If I can support a local business, I would do so any time. I will be back again for an air purifier some time this year.

-Charles

Ian in York
Ian in York

New vacuum

Very knowledgeable about all vacuums. Provides honest answers. Professional and courteous. Top notch service. Products are well priced. Even provided free delivery. I would purchase from them again in a heartbeat.

Ian,
Many thanks for taking the time to express your experience with Vacuums Plus and myself. I really hope your newly purchased vacuum provides many years of excellent cleaning and service.

denise_king in Toronto
denise_king in Toronto

Air Purifier

Marco provided excellent service and professional advice. This was a very easy purchase and was delivered quickly and on time. Very much appreciate his knowledge of air purifiers. Thank you, Marco!

Orietta in Old Toronto
Orietta in Old Toronto

Steam cleaner

I was having issues with my floors, especially granite, no matter what I used it always left a film. Marco at Vacuums Plus introduced me to a steam cleaner, he had many styles, the one I chose is an Oreck steamer for wood, ceramic, natural stone and carpet! It’s fantastic, see for yourself. No chemicals! Cleans and disinfects too!
Thank you Marco for your friendly service and great knowledge, on all your fantastic products. I will definitely be returning. Your store is clean, bright and well stocked with all the latest items for our home.

Thank you Orietta! Expressing your positive experience here is greatly appreciated.
I hope your steamer continues to provide you many years of excellent cleaning ability on all of your smooth floors.
sincerely,

Lucy25
Lucy25

Wow! Great Service!

One by one, the central vac outlets in my 30 year old home lost suction. Marco called within 15 minutes of my HomeStars query on a Sunday night and booked Steve for a Thursday afternoon appointment. Steve arrived as scheduled, quickly diagnosed the problem and reconnected the pipes in the basement that were causing some of the issues. He demonstrated how the 2 types of outlets in my home work and advised that the outlets with built in switches could be replaced in the future, should those switches fail permanently. I'm so happy with the prompt and efficient service from Vacuums Plus!!!

Brenda,
Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation. Your business is greatly appreciated! I hope your vacuum continues to provide many more years of great service to you and your family.
Best wishes to you and your family in 2018.

Vacuums Plus

Venta really works! Amazing product, outstanding service.

I recently bought a Venta humidifier from Vaccum Plus.
First, this product is amazing, a life changer for me during these very dry winter times. I have tried many different types and brands of humidifiers in the past and none worked. I always felt discomfort from dry air.
The Venta works magic! The moment I plugged it in, I noticed a difference in the air, the room got comfortable in a matter of minutes.
It has been two weeks since I purchased this humidifier and it's getting better day after day, I no longer feel irritation in my sinuses or throat, my skin doesn't feel itchy or dry and I cannot sleep without it anymore.
Second, the service at Vaccum Plus is outstanding, Marco seems very knowledgeable of the products he is selling and representing. He was able to provide all the information about the unit, how to use it to get the best results, what to expect during the period of acclimatation and how to maintain it in the long term. He listened carefully to my questions and gave very clear answers. He was patient. He showed throughout my interactions with him that he cared that at the end I would be satisfied and happy with my purchase. I enjoyed dealing with him. I was so happy and satisfied with the product and the service that I just got 2 smaller units, one for my son's bedroom and one for the living area.

Dear Mrs. M,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review on your dealings with me. I am very happy to know how happy you feel with your three Venta Humidifiers for your home. I am greatful for your business, and it was a pleasure to deal with you and your husband during my visits.
I wish you, and your family, best of health, luck and continued happiness in 2018.

Jane in Riverdale
Jane in Riverdale

old vacuum part

My Electrolux vacuum was 14-15 years old and still running, but needed a new Hepa filter. I phoned the 1-800 number and gave my model number and asked for a Hepa filter for it; eventually I was given a part number. I went to Vacuums Plus because they obviously dealt with vacuums, and was I glad I did! Turns out the part number was wrong, the model had been sold to another company, but the part was still available from a supplier in B.C. Marco figured all this out by doing some quick searches and using his extensive knowledge of parts, suppliers and the vacuum business. He went way beyond what I would have expected. Marco knows the business inside out and is the ultimate in customer service. I haven't seen his like in a long time. Thanks, Marco!

Jane,
Thank you for your kind words. I am very happy to know that you were very satisfied with your dealings with me and Vacuums Plus. I wish you many more years of cleaning ability from your updated Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner.
Best of luck in 2018, and Happy New Year!

GrantK in Toronto
GrantK in Toronto

Vacuum hose replacement happily leads to new vacuum

The hose for our central vacuum was in crisis - the cord was fraying, the connector knob had fallen out, it had been duct taped - it was time for a change.
After a quick Homestars search, I found Vacuums Plus and called Marco, who spent far more time answering all my questions than such a minor matter deserved.
Because I got such a good feeling, I asked him about replacing our existing vacuum, and once I gave him the serial number he was able to tell me how old it was (pretty old - 15+ years if I remember correctly), and after sending him a photo of where it lives he recommended a Nilfisk of about the same size.
However, it is substantially more powerful, and significantly quieter!
The best part was the installation - the guy he sent was a pro!
He not only installed the unit, including humouring me (after he was basically done) by adding the port that is normally for the garage so that I can clean my crawlspace, he then tested all of the ports to ensure they were maintaining a good seal, and happily replaced one that was failing, and then happily replaced all of them when I saw how nice the new ports looked, running back and forth to his car each time.
To top it all off, when I asked about a muffler (even though it was already quieter than before), he was out to the car again and set me up with a good quality muffler.
So glad I found Vacuums Plus!

Grant,
It was a pleasure to answer, help, perform, complete and rest assure all of your Central Vacuum needs.

More about Vacuums Plus

VACUUMS PLUS IS THE ONLY VACUUM STORE IN THE DOWNTOWN CORE OF TORONTO.
WE SPECIALIZE IN CENTRAL VACUUM SALES AND INSTALLATIONS, PORTABLE VACUUM SALES, REPAIRS AND PARTS, STEAMERS, SMOOTH FLOOR MOPS, SMALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES, DISHWASHER & LAUNDRY DETERGENTS AND PORTABLE AIR PURIFIERS AND HUMIDIFIERS.
WE OFFER FREE PICK UP, DELIVERY AND PAY AT THE DOOR SERVICE 6 DAYS A WEEK FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
MIELE VACUUMS