Formerly Empress Eco Friendly Cleaning Specialists

Shaelene in Oshawa
Shaelene in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Home and Commercial office cleaning

Exceptional job done on my home. So happy with it I hired them to clean my office space. Absolutely professional, and have referred them many times. Everyone has thanked me.

borealisaustralis in Oshawa
borealisaustralis in Oshawa
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

overpriced, surprise bill

1-866-623-0808

We booked them to clean before a move-in. This service is overpriced. They bill hourly and are sneaky about adding more time to a job so they can charge as much as possible. The bill ended up being around 200 dollars more than we thought it would be when we first called, which is never a good sign. The job was OK, but not at the standard of 850 dollars (for a 1650 sqft townhouse). They offerred a 25 dollar discount, which is apparently standard for first-time bookings, anyway. They only brought this up when I mentioned my surprise about the price, so they also tried to avoid giving this standard discount to us.
I don't trust them and wouldn't recommend them.

Private User reviews Orono, ON

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I have used this company know then as Empress Cleaning Services, since last fall (2016) and by December I found myself feeling like a job they just threw into the schedule since they did over 3,000 sf in so very little time it was mind blowing to think of what did not get done. I wrote a review about 8 months ago that never got posted because i took a break from them but was not calling them back due to the amount of money (over 800) i paid to initially clean so they were working with a clean house. This did not stay that way but i called them back for a second try in the spring only to find that multiple occasions they were not cleaning all, missing obvious areas and rushing again. I personally spent weekends moping as i hated the swiffer thing they call a mop and with three dogs it is imperative to get a deeper clean which they were aware of. When i called them back i adjusted my review to give them another chance but since have fired them and re-edited the review only to never see it posted.
They are now called CORE CLEANING by Empress. I am in the process of paying their final invoice but have no address as it is not on their bills or website. In overview, i found the ladies all very polite and accommodating but rushed. I found that not many were regulars and visits were a little on the confused side. I do not believe they want to rush through but i know that they showed up often varying times and sometimes rushed through entire 4bdrm, 5bath home of 3,000 sqft in one hour...not doable.
While they offered again to come out and make things right...it is not worth my time to go through it all again and quite frankly it is embarrassing for me to complain to the management about their staff and then have to look them in the face after knowing they hate me for complaining.
Lets hope the name change brings with it some sort of schedule control and client care but as far as i could tell, it was like fast food vs fine dining and i hate fast food.

Thank you for this feedback. We strive to ensure our customers are always happy, and we are truly disappointed that we could not satisfy you 100%.

As part of our re-brand here at Core Cleaning, we have in fact hired not only a General Manager, but also our Housekeeping Manager is now solely focusing on quality control. We hope that this will help us stay on top of any issues we have with current customers - As you know from being our long time client - if there are ever any issues, we are happy to come back and fix them. Hopefully with our new processes in place, this will not be a consistent problem.

For future reference our address is: 1624 Charles St, Whitby Ontario, L1N 1B9 We have also now updated this on the website, thank you for pointing that out!

Amy, General Manager - 905-720-2673

Susan in Whitby
Susan in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Total clean up after a renovation of my new home for sale

Thank you Empress Team - you rock! I had a very limited time for the renovations to get finished on my listing, for the contractors to move their equipment out and get you in before the photographer arrived and you did it! And left it sparkling clean and photo ready. Thank you great job. I'll certainly book you in on my next listing

Thank you so much Susan, not only for your stellar review - but also for the opportunity to show you what we can do! We look forward to impressing you next time as well :)

Stephanie in Whitby
Stephanie in Whitby
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Carpet and tile/grout cleaning

Empress brought new life to my carpet, cleaned my ceramic tile and sealed the grout. They did a fantastic job, the staff was professional and friendly and worked around my schedule

Thanks a ton

Thank you so much for this review! We truly strive to make our customers happy, and appreciate the feedback.

Michael J. from Oshawa
Michael J. from Oshawa
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Couch cleaning after pet spray

We hired Empress to come and clean our microfibre couch, our loveseat, single chair and our heavy duty front entry mat. They showed up on time, courteous, and explained everything. The guy with the crew was knowledgeable in adjusting the steam temperatures for different types of materials. They did an excellent job in cleaning up the pet urine in several spots on the couch. We had to have them come back for a second go on the couch after our cat and a family member's dog had a territory war on the couch. Again, they showed up on time, everyone had a laugh about the couch, and they were pleasant about doing the job again. I like this company because it is one of the FEW in Durham Region who are eco-friendly (they will only use an eco green cleaner agent if needed), using hot water at the right temperature to clean and sterilize. We are very careful about cleaning out house due to having pets around. We plan on having them back to do our carpeted stairs and our hardwood floors in the future. Rates are reasonable for the quality of work.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this positive feedback! Pets sure can be tricky, we are here to help!

Thanks Michael!

Barry Johnston from Oshawa
Barry Johnston from Oshawa
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

House cleaning

1-866-623-0808

We hired Eco Embassy a while back and they have cleaned our house now about 5 times on a bi-weekly basis. I have only praise for their level of professionalism and efficiency. They always show up on time and get out of here very quickly. They always enquire if they are performing the task you want and don't intrude if you need them to wait or back off on certain things. Best of all my wife is very happy with the results and as we all know...."a happy wife is a happy life."

Theone in Toronto
Theone in Toronto

Cleaning

had a great experience with Empress. The ladies were friendly a, professional and did an amazing job with the house. Will definitely be calling them back for help. As a busy mother of two with a full time job, their help was and is necessary. THANK YOU LADIES!

Cancelled services

After speaking Karen is willing to work on this so i increased her review based on the services so far:

Hired to clean the upper and main floor of our home biweekly and the basement was about once per month for the 248.60
We initially paid them over 800.00 to do a thorough cleaning and it started out okay since the ladies were more than willing to correct any missed areas and believe me, in a house this size i get missed areas. The fact that it started out with four girls and about 2.5 hours justified the amount paid as it was to be 35.00 per hour per girl and the girls worked well.
There was two cleanings where i felt necessary to document ALL the missed areas and the second was two weeks ago when i had spent the weekend cleaning missed areas due to them feeling rushed so much the visit was all of an hour. I do not think a home over 3000 sq ft can be properly cleaned in one hour. obviously my cleaning on a saturday after the cleaners where here on a thursday was a good indication.
Christmas is here and their clients all want to be cleaned before...i get it and heard how busy they are but this should not be put on the shoulders of a client.
All that said, I had little to complain about with the ladies except the cleaning of the floors. Always my bone of contention as they use rags that are dry mops and you can even see areas missed while mopping...it barely cleans a floor and it is visible when they leave.
I am picky, but tried not to be so much and i did not complain about the little things like that to them as it was not that big a deal.
The biggest issue i had was with the lack of communication. When i had an issue with the work being only one hour, i messaged Karen online where we initially found her and communicated. i noticed she read that i was asking to put off cleaning until the new year because i do not feel that they have the time currently to provide full cleaning services as i am paying for in their busy season right now. It has been two weeks and i have heard no response at all especially regarding the one hour clean i was charged full price on.

Aug 2017 after giving it a go again for a few months and multiple changes in staff i surveyed the services received in a one hour full clean again and decided enough was enough. I am not one to put it out there too much but i now have to spend my weekends doing what i am paying them to do. Baseboards not touched in a long time except those visible from my office. Pics on walls dusted only not cleaned, cobwebs in windowsills and corners of walls, leaving them until next clean to see if they do it has been done and unfortunately no go. Just not the service i expected for sure.

Girls were all very nice and accommodating but one should not need to direct them and they were usually new so not used to the house and needs of client for sure.

They have reached out again to try to remedy their work but i cannot go through it for another six months since it just gets worse

Review has 2 previous versions

More about Core Cleaning

Core Cleaning is independently owned and operated and fully insured for both residential and commercial cleaning services. It has been owned and operated by Karen Marth since 1991. Joined by her 2 daughter's, they have devoted themselves to providing reliable, consistent and Eco-friendly services, that allow them to take exceptional care of their clients and the environment.
***
Karen owns Core Cleaning and is passionate about high quality, Eco-friendly, customer focused service and has become known in the Durham Region as “The Queen of Clean”. When Karen was 20 years old, she had a 3 year old daughter and she just knew that she didn’t want to leave her with a babysitter when she had to go to work, so she picked up the White Pages and a phone. Call by call, almost 30 years later, we have become the #1 Cleaning Service in Durham Region! Core Cleaning Services the following Areas:East Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Stoufville, Whitby, Brooklyn, Oshawa, Courtice, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Orono & all other areas of Clarington & the GTA!
***
When deciding to open a business, Karen wanted to not just work, but she wanted to help people. Most families now have dual income, they have to balance their jobs, families, kids and household chores – Something has to give, and its typically spending time with our families to do chores instead.
***
Core Cleaning allows over 100 families every week to free up some space and time in their schedule, to focus on what matters most to them. It doesn’t matter who you are, when you come home to a sparkling home that someone else cleaned, you feel good and your family feels good.
***
At Core Cleaning, we are so much more than just Housekeeping. We have created a way for you to get those more expensive Specialty Cleaning Services that can dramatically increase the value of your home, with a payment plan that can allow you up to 12 months to pay.
***
When you invite Core Cleaning into your home, you can rest assured that your home will be cleaner than ever before. We respect your home and your time as if it were our own.
***
Proudly Serving Toronto- Durham Region- Kawarthas for over 35 years!
Our services include:
Air Duct Cleaning & Sanitizing
Carpet, Upholstery & Area Rug cleaning
Hardwood floor cleaning and re coating
Housekeeping Services