A Cut Above Painting

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Contractors in Kanata  >  A Cut Above Painting
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for A Cut Above Painting

Moses in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I hired Clayton and Kelly to paint a home. I am very happy to report that these two are very serious and professional painters. But does serious mean unfriendly? Certainly not, all this means, is that the focus on the quality of the job is laser precise. They are truly deserving of the title "A Cut Above".

I have worked with dozens of painters in the past, and I can speak from experience that you will not find a kinder, gentler and more quality focused team of professionals anywhere like this. If you are lucky enough to have A Cut Above's Clayton and Kelly work with and for you, then consider yourself fortunate.

Thank you so much Moses for that review! Strong words and its highly appreciated. Have a great fall season from both Kelly & I.

Jocelyn in London
1 review London, ON

We hired Clayton and Kelly to paint the walls, trim and ceilings of our entire 4 bedroom house. They had the best quote of the 4 Ottawa area painters we met with and from the outset displayed unparalleled professionalism. On top of being very highly skilled and meticulous, they did our large job efficiently and with little disruption to our day-to-day family life. They are also very courteous, punctual and clearly take pride in providing superior results. We cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thank you Jocelyn it was a pleasure to work with you. It was a fun transformation! We wish you and your family all the best. Have a great fall season.

Clayton and Kelly are fantastic. They've now painted two homes for us and we couldn't be happier. They are meticulous, tidy and very quick. All in all, super impressed with their work!

Thank you very much for the review Larissa. Looking forward to working with you again in the future.

TM in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had several companies provide quotes when we decided to paint the exterior of our home but the clear choice for us was A Cut Above. While the estimates for the work were similar between the three companies, Clayton's obvious knowledge, professionalism and demeanor won us over. He responded quickly to our initial call and provided a fair estimate shortly after his initial visit. He was up front about timing for scheduling the work and kept us frequently updated regarding a potential start date when an excessively wet summer impacted his ability to work outside. The job was completed within the timeframe he quoted and both he and his partner Kelly were a pleasure to deal with. Overall we are extremely happy with the quality of their work and would certainly recommend and use them again.

Thanks so much for the review. Your project was definitely one of the top 10 most transformed exterior projects we have ever had the pleasure of completing. It was fun to see it come together.

Appreciate the kind words and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Have a great summer!

Liz L in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We recently hired A Cut Above Painting to paint all the rooms on our main floor, stair case and upper hallway. We found this company through a Google search and by checking reviews of their work.

We are very happy to say that the reviews were a true reflection of the quality of their work, their superior client service and attention to detail. They responded quickly to our inquiry about their services and provided a competitive quote for the painting project that also included prepping the walls. We were able to get the job done much more quickly than planned by going on to their "rain delay list" for alternate projects when inclement weather delayed the exterior projects they were working on.

Clayton and Kelly, the owners and principal painters, arrived early on the scheduled days for the work to be done. They brought everything with them and treated our house like their own. The paint job itself was excellent and even. They worked hard and completed the project well ahead of schedule.

We are so pleased with the quality of the work and the overall experience that we have already obtained a quote to paint our finished basement. We look forward to having Clayton and Kelly back to do the rest of the house.

Thank you so very much for that review Liz! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to working with you in on the next project.

Have a great summer!

Kaitlyn in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had a Cut Above Painting paint the interior of our house in its entirety, both the walls and all of our trim and doors. Clayton and Kelly promptly responded to my original email for a quote, and were very accommodating in fitting in the free estimate the very next day. Both were very friendly and answered all of the questions we had. Their work was fantastic and they were upfront about any additional costs incurred from the original quote (i.e. Our one colour needed a gray primer). We have already recommended them to several friends.
The one minor critique I have is that it was noticed once we started to shift furniture back, that there were a few spots where the paint had hit unintended surfaces (i.e. Bannister, tile floor, small part of the carpet). For the most part we have been able to remove it, but just a word to the wise to double check as the earlier you come across it, the easier it will be to clean. That being said, the whole of our house was painted in four days which is impressive to say the least. I would definitely hire them again and I will continue to recommend them to anyone I know that needs some painting done.

Thanks so much Kaitlyn for that great review! We had a blast painting with turquoise, purple, blue, green, such vibrant colors. As often we do tend to encounter old white paint drips from previous paintings and do our best to point these out prior to painting. We hope you have an excellent summer and enjoy the new home.

Thanks so much!

CoffeyGrounds in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I needed exterior painting done on the upper level of my home and on the garage doors/trim. I contacted three companies for quotes. A Cut Above Painting provided me with a thorough estimate and description of work to be done which included scraping loose paint, removing debris and applying two coats of paint. The price quoted to me was not the lowest nor was it the highest of the three companies I contacted but in my opinion it was a fair and reasonable price. I chose A Cut Above Painting based on previous reviews, their BBB standing and my own instinct that they would do the job properly. I was not disappointed! Clayton and Kelly are friendly, professional and reliable. All questions were answered quickly and honestly. I wanted the new paint to be matched to my front door color and provided them with the color swatch. They matched the colors perfectly! They protected my shrubbery and were very careful to not get any paint on areas it was not intended to be. No drips! They were efficient and cleaned up after themselves. All communication with A Cut Above Painting was prompt and direct. If you need painting done I highly recommend this company. I will use them again for all my painting needs.

Thank you so much for the detailed review! We're glad we could help you revamp your curb appeal and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Maureen C in
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Clayton and Kelly are extremely professional from their initial quote to doing the job and finishing up. They helped to choose the paint colours, were very efficient and exhibit a great attention to detail. They were very tidy and cleaned up everything as they went along.

I would highly recommend them. They are coming back in August to paint the exterior of the house in August.

Thanks so much Maureen! It was fun to see your home change throughout the process and we are very much looking forward to painting the exterior of your house. See you soon!

Steve
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent service!! Would highly recommend!! Clayton and Kelly did a fabulous job transforming our entire living space in our 2 story condo. Everything from set up to clean up was done in one day! Amazed at the attention to detail throughout the whole process!! Thanks for making our home feel even more welcoming!

Thanks so much Steve! Your decision to add your trim into the project was a great call. The modern grey really pops nicely with fresh white trim. We hope you have a great summer and keep us in mind for future projects.

All the Best

Clayton & Kelly

1 review Ottawa, ON

From the very start, they were incredibly courteous, professional and responsive. We really appreciated the optionality they provided through their initial quote and their ability to meet us both in terms of pricing and scheduling. The workmanship and their attention to detail was outstanding, to a level you don't see very often. The end product exceeded our expectations in every way, excellent work.

Derek and Mary-Ann

Thank You Derek and Mary-Ann. Client satisfaction is the most rewarding part of this business. We hope you get to stay and enjoy your home for many years.
Clayton & Kelly

More about A Cut Above Painting

We are a family owned & operated company. We are committed to providing customers in Ottawa and surrounding
areas with the highest quality work at an affordable price.

Our success and long list of satisfied customers is attributed to the combination of premium products with the craftsmanship of painting for our modern era.

-We value detail-oriented work and professionalism.
-We're a fully insured company with residential & commercial liability.
-We offer free in-home estimates.
-We have many references available to ensure peace of mind.

WSIB Public/Commercial liability Insurance Fallsafe & Fallarrest W.H.M.I.S Aerial Plateform (Skyjack/Boomlift) Security Clearance Background Check

VISA, MASTERCARD,DEBIT & CHEQUE ARE ACCEPTED

Accredited with BBB- http://www.bbb.org/ottawa/business-reviews/painting-contractors/a-cut-above-painting-in-kanata-on-49057