Thread

Jasmine from Toronto
Jasmine from Toronto
10 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Eco-Friendly Upholstry

This place is fantastic for those looking to buy eco-conscious. They have a fairly large selection of fabrics and trimmings, and the staff are wonderful. The store focuses on natural fibre textiles and works to produce non-toxic products (great if you have sensitivities or young children). I found the products to be reasonably priced, and loved the idea of buying low-impact fabric.

garry maarse from Markham
garry maarse from Markham

Home Accessories

I was at friends house and their kids were jumping around on some bean bags that looked pretty funky. I asked where they got them and they said a local home buisnes called Thread. I contacted Thread and the owner pointed me to her facebook page. I wanted 2 of the 36" beanbags and was thrilled I could pick the fabrics myself. She made them and I picked them up since I live in the same region. My kids love them and months later have not been able to destroy them! It is so refreshing to get something for young kids that is handmade quality and also doesn't come in only a limited choice of Disney princess or Dora or Cars. Thread makes other custom things like wine bags, pillow covers and children's effects. Costs more than other big box companies but the quality and value is exponentially higher than anything massed produced you-know-where...