Restoration 1 Etobicoke

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
375 Munster Ave Etobicoke ON M8Z 3C8
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Etobicoke  >  Restoration 1 Etobicoke

Reviews for Restoration 1 Etobicoke

Rosemary
Rosemary

Drain blockage – clean up, mold remediation, restoration

Our small condo townhouse community needed clean up and mold remediation of 5 town homes' sub-basement spaces following a drain blockage issue. The first step involved removing wet insulation from all of the sub basement ceiling areas as well as small pools of water in some areas. Restoration 1 advised and provided excellent service for the clean-up, mold remediation, and installed new insulation to the areas to help us bring back the affected areas to original condition. Mario’s knowledge, fast response, great service, made for a smooth experience. Highly recommend Mario and company!

Thanks Rosemary. We are always ready to provide great service. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Ted in Toronto
Ted in Toronto

Water Leakage down to basement ceiling

We had water leakage coming from our water filtration system that impacted our pantry hardwood floor and down to the basement ceiling.
When we called Mario, he was able to come within 2 hours and was very punctual. Mario goes over and beyond to address the issues and provide a fair and efficient proposal to perform the "emergency services". Mario was also able to start same day which we greatly appreciated. In addition, he was extremely responsive on email and text and provided the best service we can expect during our time of panic. We would highly recommend Mario!

Thanks Ted, it was a pleasure to help you. Hopefully you will never encounter another experience with water damage, but if you do, we are here to assist 24/7.

Dalia and Matthew  in North York
Dalia and Matthew in North York

Flood sewage clean up

Restoration1 provided us with a great service during a stressful situation and helped us get through the difficult situation for our family with a genuine approach. They made our life easier and communication was provided when needed. We are greatful for their quick response and high recommend them.

Thanks, we are glad to help.

Cindy  in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

water damage emergency response and rebuild

Restoration 1 Etobicoke, Review

On the evening of Boxing Day, 2016, my partner walked down the stairs to our newly renovated basement and found 2 inches of water on our “floating” floor. I heard her scream as I was putting our 8-month-old baby to bed. We needed help and we needed it quickly. We could not rely on our usual process of reading reviews, collecting multiple quotes and doing research on service providers. In our panicked state, we googled “flooded basement, Toronto, help” and found the number for Restoration 1 Etobicoke. Within 20 minutes, Jesse came out to assess the situation. He quickly identified the problem, temporarily fixed our sump pump and stayed by our side until the majority of the water had drained from the basement. He also gave us numbers for emergency plumbing services and helped us bail water coming from the exit pipe of the pump. He had a calm and kind demeanour and didn’t leave until our basement floors were no longer floating. He gave us a card, informed us about next steps and asked us to call back if we needed anything.

The next day, totally unprompted, Steve, the owner of Restoration 1 Etobicoke called to see how things were going. By this point we had called our insurance provider to find out how to proceed. It was a statutory holiday, so we could not contact our broker for 2 days. Instead we called someone at the emergency, after-hours number of the insurance company. As two adults, neither of whom had ever had a claim before, we weren’t sure what questions to ask or what processes to follow. Steve helped us with the process through a three-way conference call. He also offered to bring in dehumidifiers while we waited to hear back from our broker.

Once we received permission from our insurance provider to use Restoration 1 as our emergency response team, Steve sent over a crew of highly competent employees to help dry out the basement and remove all items at risk of developing mould. Members of the emergency crew included Jessie, Matt, Junnie and Nick. In teams of two, they cleaned and packed away dry items, isolated and made a list of damaged items, set up dehumidifiers, removed the floors, 2 feet of drywall and baseboards, and hauled away all debris from our home.

In regular communication with our insurance broker, Dave generated detailed estimates for both emergency and repair work. He shared these estimates with us and explained the elements we didn’t understand. Once we received confirmation from our insurance provider that the repair work would also be covered, a rebuild crew managed by Reid came by to restore our basement to its pre-water damaged state. The rebuild crew including Stefen, Marco and Vincent did an excellent job and were as personable as all the Restoration 1 employees we had met to date.

The job is now complete and we are truly satisfied with the results. Restoration 1 Etobicoke has exceeded my expectations. Not only did well co-ordinated teams work efficiently and effectively to return our basement to its earlier state, but the business owner spent multiple hours responding to my texts, emails and calls throughout the process. He and his employees are dedicated to high quality customer service—an essential attribute for any business supporting people who are dealing with sudden property damage.

I hope we never have to see the employees of Restoration 1 again, but if we find ourselves in another emergency flood/fire/mould situation, I would not hesitate to contact them. Thank-you to Steve, Dave and Reid in the central office, Jesse, Matt, Junnie, and Nick on the emergency team and Stefen, Marco and Vincent on the rebuild team. You did an excellent job.

Thanks so much Cindy for your kind words. When something like a flooded basement happens, it is very upsetting. I am just glad we were able to help clean and restore your basement to your satisfaction. I am so proud of my team for the hard work and dedication. It was a pleasure keeping you, your broker and your adjuster informed throughout the process. Thanks again and I hope you never need us again ;-) Steve

Marty T
Marty T

Basement sewer backup

We had a drain blockage which caused water to back up in our finished basement. We called Restoration 1 and they came immediately and removed the damaged carpet and drywall and our basement was clean and dry in no time. They then completed the repairs with minimal fuss and excellent quality. Everyone who we dealt with were excellent and they guided us through the process and even gave us helpful advice on what insurance should and shouldn't cover. We would definitely use them again and recommend them to our friends.

Thanks Marty for your kind words.. Hope you never need us again. Happy Holidays! Restoration 1

liza.fromer
liza.fromer

Basement flood.

Steve and his team at Restoration 1 were fantastic. From the first minute someone answered my call to the end of the job they've been professional, reliable and a pleasure to work with. A problem as big as a flooded basement can be incredibly stressful but they took as much stress out of it as they could. Much thanks!

Liza, thanks for the review, hope you never need us again...

Steve

yvonne.dobronyi
yvonne.dobronyi

Basement Flood

When you have something happen that uproots your daily living routine, it's nice to know you can count on a team of professionals to assist you with navigating through required steps and providing the necessary clean up to restore home function. This team of professionals were outstanding from the time they entered my home until the job was complete and smiles were free. I would recommend Restoration 1 to anyone including my own family.

Thanks Yvonne for your kind words. All the best.

Steve

Marlene from Richmond Hill
Marlene from Richmond Hill
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fantastic work! So happy that I hired Restoration1!

As soon as Steve and Sam arrived to inspect the mould in my basement they put my mind at ease. A previous contractor had led me to believe that it was a near catastrophic situation! They explained what needed to be done and exactly how they go about it. They quickly arranged for their crew to come. The crew was efficient, neat and again explained everything, before, during and after the clean-up. They were extremely careful with managing the affected areas and containing them properly. Another crew came back for a second inspection. Everything went perfectly and I would highly recommend them. Steve and Sam at Restoration1 are consummate and honest professionals in a business where that does not always exist. They were always interested in a job done correctly rather than taking short cuts. Thank you Restoration1!

Thanks Marlene for the great feedback. We are glad that everything worked out. Be well. Steve

Mike
Mike

Mold Remediation

I recently bought my home in Etobicoke. Prior to closing I had another mold company come to inspect the current conditions, the guy showed up with a flashlight and a ladder, nothing else. Afterwards, he also tried to tell me my job would cost around $20,000+ for remediation. This was discouraging news. As a last resort, I contacted my home inspector and asked for a recommendation for mold remediation. He recommended Steve, from Restoration 1. Steve was extremely friendly, professional, and understanding. I explained the current situation, what my wife and I were looking to do with the home, and he explained to me that he and his team would come out, assess the situation and give me a evaluation. Steve and 3 of his colleagues came to my home to inspect the mold. For starters, they brought with them: moisture meters, heat loss readers, flashlights, and other necessary equipment to complete the inspection of mold. After his thorough inspection, he told me the situation was not the end of the world, and was definitely not close to $20,000 worth of remediation. He walked me through the process and explained to me that this current situation the home was in, was definitely not a reason to get out of the deal just because of a little bit of mold in the house. This really made my wife and I comfortable with completing our purchase. Once we got possession of the home (on a Friday), Steve had his team start the remediation on the following Tuesday. They brought all the necessary equipment (many air purifiers, dehumidifiers, fans, etc.), and completed the work within 2 business days. The home no longer smells like mold, it does however smell like detergent used (which is eco friendly and not harmful to people), this is a much better scent compared to what it was prior. Steve has promised me that once I get the home tested for mold, if the mold tests come back showing there are still some higher than acceptable levels of mold that he and his team will come back until the job is 100% complete and no more mold is present.

I would highly recommend Steve, Sam, Andre and the rest of their team at Restoration 1 to anyone who has any mold in their home and hes the common sense to have it removed for the good of their health, and the home.

I will comment/review once again should I need to have Restoration 1 come back to complete any secondary mold remediation (if the tests come back showing it still hasn't been completely removed), just to update everyone in case they are curious.

Great works guys, keep it up.

frostedbrownie
frostedbrownie
1 review Oshawa, ON

Basement flood

Restoration 1 removed damages, cleaned up the water, removed moulde, and dried the basement. They did an amazing job!!

Thanks so much for the kind words. It was great working with you...hope you never need us again ;-)

More about Restoration 1 Etobicoke

At Restoration 1 Toronto West & Etobicoke we specialize in water damage restoration services. We also offer mould remediation, fire and smoke clean up and storm response services. We take care of cleaning up any water leak with our extraction service and state of the art drying systems. We can help you to remove all the water, dry your carpets, floors, walls and furniture to restore your home or office to its original condition or even better. We perform restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. No job is too big or too small for us. Since we work with the insurance company, but not for the insurance company, our commitment is to you, the property owner and your needs. Restoration1 will take complete care of you and guide you through the entire process of getting your property back to normal as quickly as possible.