Two Small Men With Big Hearts Calgary Office

Two Small Men With Big Hearts Calgary Office

Reviews for Two Small Men With Big Hearts Calgary Office

J in Calgary
J in Calgary

Do not hire, find a reputable, professional moving company

DO NOT HIRE TWO SMALL MEN. DO NOT FALL FOR THE ‘REVIEWS’ DON’T BE FOOLED

I am still seething with frustration from such an awful negligent moving experience. We were seeking a smooth move, but have now realized but the (doubtful) google reviews and rating, website and initial quote process was a farce. Two Small Men with Big Hearts is not a member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We were told the move would be a 8-10 hour job - reasonable given past moves we’ve done. Then move day came - the day all nightmares started.

It all started when Michael arrived at our door after arrival window. He then proceeded to ask to look around, and said “can I keep my shoes on”. While I hesitantly said sure, he stepped into our master bedroom with wet winter dirty shoes on carpet! Huge dirty boot prints when we’re supposed to sell our home in two days.

He told me this was a “big job” despite all my communication of specifics about our furniture and home - we live in a duplex - not an irregular or large home? He claimed it “would be a long day”, and likely require two trips. WHAT? Not a good way to calm the client and start an already stressful day. He then had the audacity to request a tip, before the work even began, noting that it would be best as cash, so they wouldn’t get taxed.

As I watched them come out of their (rented) truck, heaps of old plastic bags and foam were being removed - obviously from another job - why not arrive with an empty truck and ready to move?

When they came into the house they were woefully unprepared, where I had assumed they would lay down runners, when I inquired, they stated they didn’t have enough and proceeded to all walk through the house with wet winter shoes. The runners they did have were already soaking wet from a previous job and they were struggling if they should even put them on our pristine carpets. We are not a family who ever wears outdoor shoes inside and immediately the mess made was immeasurable and awful. We spent the next day cleaning beyond reasonable expectations - including individually scrubbing all floors in both the old and new home when this could and should have been avoided.

The pace of the move was unfathomably slow - frequently caught the movers looking at their phones, and faces of shock if we came around the corner unexpected. They mulled around the truck, clearly attempting to pass time. On more occasions I can count, their lollygagging was on display. We were doing more hustling than the movers we were paying. At one point Michael sat in truck for nearly 30 minutes on a phone call. These were not professional movers - their lack of knowledge and strength required in moving furniture was painfully evident.

Michael took it upon himself to do busy work with “taking things apart for a safe move”. Never have I had every single shelf and drawer taken out of furniture by other movers. This was a waste of time. He rarely lifted a thing.

Michael then asked my husband for a “Tim Hortons run”, when he was the only one at the house - no way we could leave them there unaccompanied?

As the day dragged on, we were desperate just to get these people out of our house. We were told they would be wearing masks, because COVID, and they did not. The movers charged for 11 hours, at which point all we wanted to do was get them to leave. Also be aware of the so called “gas surcharge”, ours was $90 - we moved 180m, one street over.

Then came the damage: stairs chipped, scratches on floor, furniture damage and negligence in moving mattress - literally folding it in half with straps and busted the inside springs, it has been hell to sleep on it since.
At this point, we’ve received a small refund for damage - no where near cost to repair damage. Dealing with Customer Service Ali has been like speaking to a cut n paste robot. They claim they won’t repair. Unfortunately due to breach of their contract in negligence and a reasonable expectation to move a mattress expertly, we will be pursuing Two Small Men with Big Hearts in court.

Jillian in Airdrie
Jillian in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Moving houses

What an incredible experience this whole move was. I was last minute in calling in need of movers and they accommodated to the exact dates i needed. Barry and Adam showed up this morning and had us laughing all morning. I was dreading this move all week since moving isn't fun however they made our move so smooth and QUICK!

I highly recommend this company as it was overall an extremely pleasant experience!

Heather in Toronto
Heather in Toronto

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

This company is anything BUT professional. They destroyed some of my furniture that was in perfect condition prior to moving (including standing on my desk). The did not deliver my snow shovel to my new address. They overcharged me and never sent me a new receipt for the corrected amount. I have been attempting to contact their after service manager Ali for several weeks and she will not contact me back, either by email or phone, despite my repeated requests for her to do so. Her one and only email to me stated "customer service is our number one priority" but if that were true, she would be able to pick up a phone. Do yourself a favor and choose a different moving company, one that actually cares about you and your possessions and actually knows what customer service means.

Connie in Calgary
Connie in Calgary

Moving

My Experience with Two Small Men was very professional. From the first phone call to book the move to the actual move everything went smoothly. Kyle and Daniel were great thanks guys.

Connie & Ken

camstever in Calgary
camstever in Calgary
1 review Grande Prairie, AB

Truck too small for move and 4 hours late

Called Two Small Men with Big Hearts from Grande Prairie for a house move from GP to Camrose, Alberta. Talked to Barb in Calgary and she gave us a quote and assured us numerous times that the move could be done in one day with the movers coming at 8 a.m. A truck came the night before to scope out our house. The next morning, the truck was almost 4 hours late and it ended up being a smaller truck from Bill and Ben`s moving company. It turned out that they couldn't fit all of our stuff in their small truck and that arrangements had to be made to move the rest of the stuff down at our expense. We were told by Barb in Calgary that we were required to cover the added expense of renting a trailer and paying for loading and unloading hours and fuel surcharge. We waited about 12 hours to hear from them when we could expect our stuff and finally called Keelan, the Grande Prairie contact as they had not made arrangements to get into our garage to load up our stuff. As of now, the items are to be shipped down tomorrow and we can expect to pay around $1500 extra to get our stuff.

More about Two Small Men With Big Hearts Calgary Office

Professional movers from Calgary branch office of a nationwide Canadian moving and relocation firm. Two Small Men with Big Hearts specializes on local and long distance moving.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Calgary?