Marshal Electric

Jess
Jess
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Replace light ballast

The fluorescent overhead lights was flickering and wasn’t fixed by replacement of the tubes so I decided to call an electrician. Chose Joel after quoting few places as his fee was reasonable and he conveniently could come by the day I called. Great job and awesome customer service and he even took the time to help with another small lighting issue we had outside the house. Thank you Joel!

Hi Jess, Thank you for using our services. It was a genuine pleasure to get the lights working for you.

Caleb.L  in St. Albert
Caleb.L in St. Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

Great service and knowledgeable advice!

I have had Joel from Marshal Electric come out several times to help with some home renovations. On the first occasion to install potlights in the livingroom, I had not fully thought through the placement of the lights. After asking Joel's advice I decided to go with his recommendation for placement and after completion was glad I took his advice otherwise may have not had light hit areas we wanted it to brighten. The next visit for potlights in the bedroom I stuck with his advice and the difference in bedroom lighting is amazing. The third occasion I called out Marshal Electric was to deal with bathroom moisture. Again with Joel's advice went with Panasonic fans. We no longer have humidity issues and no longer worry about putting fans on when someone is sleeping as fans are so quiet. One bathroom had an awkward area to work in and Joel found a fan that fit the smaller area yet still performed as well as the other units. When we had the insulation in the attic redone, the insulation guys praised the quality work that had been done on the installation of the fans. If you are looking for quality work and honest professional advice I recommend Marshal Electric. I will be calling Joel back for my future electrical reno to be done in the basement.

Thank you for your comprehensive appraisal of the service we provided you Caleb. It is very important that we are delivering the best solutions to make sure your home is comfortable and safe with lasting quality.

lynn in Edmonton
lynn in Edmonton

Kitchen fan duct

My kitchen hood exhaust fan contractor used ducting tape to connect the ducting from the hood to the exhaust fan outlet. The duct fell off. I called Joel. He came to assess the job, told me the cost and came back to repair the ducting the next day as he had to buy some parts for the job. Before he left, I asked if he could lend me his drill to install a few screws on my storm door as they came off. He did the job for me instead without extra cost. This review is one year late as I wanted to ensure that the duct is still intact (and it is, I just tried to pull on it and it is still very securely connected). Highly recommend his services as he has a good work ethic, very responsive and responsible, price is reasonable and his job is of high quality.

Thanks Lynn! My workmanship is guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years but I do my work with the intention that it will last for decades.

Hutch in Edmonton
Hutch in Edmonton

Bathroom Fan Install and Switch Move

Joel was fantastic. He was timely and very thorough in his work. He took the time to explain what he was doing before he did it and provided regular updates as he completed the work. He also noticed a few things as he was in the attic that he brought to our attention and actually fixed as well! When he was on our roof installing the vents for the fan he mentioned that the eavestroughs in one section seemed to be a bit full and had already cleared them out for us. Top notch guy and quality work. Fans and switches are working great. He also uses a higher quality bathroom fan than some of the other guys out there and his price is still reasonable. We got 3 quotes and while Joel wasn't necessarily the least expensive (he was still significantly less than the more expensive estimate), he was easily the best value. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and will recommend to anyone looking for electrical work to be done.

I take bathroom ventilation very serious and I am glad that you gave me the opportunity to prove it to you. Those fans will be quietly humming along for many years to come.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Bathroom Fan Installs

Had two bathroom fans installed. Very low roof space gave little room to work, but Joel managed to install both with new roof vents. Worked hard all day and seemed very focused on doing a great job. Cleaned up very well afterward. Highly recommended.

I was as surprised as you that the installer of the original bath fans in both bathrooms with showers did not install the necessary duct work to move the damp air and steam outside of the building. I'm glad I could install these high performance ventilation fans with the duct work needed to keep your bath rooms fresh and free from moisture damage.

Stuart
Stuart
1 review Edmonton, AB

Wiring a basement construction.

Provided me with a good price. Viewed the project and discussed in detail with me. Completed the basic wiring pending drywalling. Came back promptly when I had finished drywalling, mudding and painting. Very pleased with his work.

Basement developments are not small projects and I appreciated your input and perspective while I completed the electrical wiring. Such a pleasure to read your feedback as I strive to deliver top quality and service in my business.

Craig in Edmonton
Craig in Edmonton

Multiple bath fan installs

I would not hesitate to recommend Joel to anyone looking for a bathroom fan install or other electrical projects. He was very friendly and professional. It's only been a few days, but so far the fans are working great. Joel took the time to lay sheets over the clothes in our walk-in closet where the attic access is, and cleaned up the bathrooms after he was done.

We're very happy with our experience with Joel, and we will keep his number handy for the next time we need electrical work done on our house.

Thanks Craig, It gives satisfaction doing this work as it is a crucial factor in preventing moisture and mold damage in the bathroom. I know you will have many years of satisfaction with the new fans!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Two bathroom fans, a light and an outlet

Very happy we hired Joel. He replaced a broken bathroom fan in our downstairs bathroom and installed a brand new fan in our upstairs bathroom. He also put in an LED light above our shower, and a new outlet. His workmanship is tidy, and he is deliberate and good about communicating all the work involved. Would hire again.

I appreciate your accurate appraisal of the service and I look forward to serving you in the future. Every thing we do has a minimum 1 year warranty and We welcome all questions even after work is completed so you can get the most out of our products and services.

Kind regards

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

replaced bathroom fan i tiles ceiling, installed heat lamp, added LED dimmers, installed ceiling fixture

Joel was prompt, helpful, thorough and courteous. He dealt with an unusually difficult fan replacement, found an appropriate solution, and cut into the ceiling tile without breaking it. He bent over backwards to provide appropriate lightbulbs for our new fixture. A pleasure to deal with.

You are welcome!

I really wanted you to be able to have a heat lamp and fan installed separately and I'm glad I could manage a solution despite the ceramic tiles covering the ceiling. I know you won't have to worry about the excessive steam build up from the shower with the new bath fan install.

Kelly
Kelly

updating electrical panel from 60 amp to 100amps

Joel is very hard and honest worker. He explained everything to me and made sure I knew the entire process. I didn't have to worry about arranging an inspector or EPCOR - he looked after everything. I would easily recommend him to anyone needing to do electrical work.

Thanks Kelly. It was a pleasure to do the job for you. Service upgrades can be intense as it involves temporary disconnection of the power mains and reconnecting all the branch circuits to the new panel. It's very satisfying work once everything is back on and resuming with bigger and better capacity on updated equipment.

More about Marshal Electric

Marshal Electric.

We provide a total solution for all bathroom and shower ventilation needs. Our installation standards exceed building code compliance and guarantee effective moisture elimination of bath and shower vapour while providing the quiet comfort of an Energy Star rated Panasonic Whisper fan.