Marshal Electric

Reviews for Marshal Electric

lynn in Edmonton
lynn in Edmonton

Kitchen fan duct

My kitchen hood exhaust fan contractor used ducting tape to connect the ducting from the hood to the exhaust fan outlet. The duct fell off. I called Joel. He came to assess the job, told me the cost and came back to repair the ducting the next day as he had to buy some parts for the job. Before he left, I asked if he could lend me his drill to install a few screws on my storm door as they came off. He did the job for me instead without extra cost. This review is one year late as I wanted to ensure that the duct is still intact (and it is, I just tried to pull on it and it is still very securely connected). Highly recommend his services as he has a good work ethic, very responsive and responsible, price is reasonable and his job is of high quality.

Thanks Lynn! My workmanship is guaranteed for a minimum of 1 year but I do my work with the intention that it will last for decades.

Hutch in Edmonton
Hutch in Edmonton

Bathroom Fan Install and Switch Move

Joel was fantastic. He was timely and very thorough in his work. He took the time to explain what he was doing before he did it and provided regular updates as he completed the work. He also noticed a few things as he was in the attic that he brought to our attention and actually fixed as well! When he was on our roof installing the vents for the fan he mentioned that the eavestroughs in one section seemed to be a bit full and had already cleared them out for us. Top notch guy and quality work. Fans and switches are working great. He also uses a higher quality bathroom fan than some of the other guys out there and his price is still reasonable. We got 3 quotes and while Joel wasn't necessarily the least expensive (he was still significantly less than the more expensive estimate), he was easily the best value. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and will recommend to anyone looking for electrical work to be done.

I take bathroom ventilation very serious and I am glad that you gave me the opportunity to prove it to you. Those fans will be quietly humming along for many years to come.

Bathroom Fan Installs

Had two bathroom fans installed. Very low roof space gave little room to work, but Joel managed to install both with new roof vents. Worked hard all day and seemed very focused on doing a great job. Cleaned up very well afterward. Highly recommended.

I was as surprised as you that the installer of the original bath fans in both bathrooms with showers did not install the necessary duct work to move the damp air and steam outside of the building. I'm glad I could install these high performance ventilation fans with the duct work needed to keep your bath rooms fresh and free from moisture damage.

Stuart
Stuart
1 review Edmonton, AB

Wiring a basement construction.

Provided me with a good price. Viewed the project and discussed in detail with me. Completed the basic wiring pending drywalling. Came back promptly when I had finished drywalling, mudding and painting. Very pleased with his work.

Basement developments are not small projects and I appreciated your input and perspective while I completed the electrical wiring. Such a pleasure to read your feedback as I strive to deliver top quality and service in my business.

Craig in Edmonton
Craig in Edmonton

Multiple bath fan installs

I would not hesitate to recommend Joel to anyone looking for a bathroom fan install or other electrical projects. He was very friendly and professional. It's only been a few days, but so far the fans are working great. Joel took the time to lay sheets over the clothes in our walk-in closet where the attic access is, and cleaned up the bathrooms after he was done.

We're very happy with our experience with Joel, and we will keep his number handy for the next time we need electrical work done on our house.

Thanks Craig, It gives satisfaction doing this work as it is a crucial factor in preventing moisture and mold damage in the bathroom. I know you will have many years of satisfaction with the new fans!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Two bathroom fans, a light and an outlet

Very happy we hired Joel. He replaced a broken bathroom fan in our downstairs bathroom and installed a brand new fan in our upstairs bathroom. He also put in an LED light above our shower, and a new outlet. His workmanship is tidy, and he is deliberate and good about communicating all the work involved. Would hire again.

I appreciate your accurate appraisal of the service and I look forward to serving you in the future. Every thing we do has a minimum 1 year warranty and We welcome all questions even after work is completed so you can get the most out of our products and services.

Kind regards

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

replaced bathroom fan i tiles ceiling, installed heat lamp, added LED dimmers, installed ceiling fixture

Joel was prompt, helpful, thorough and courteous. He dealt with an unusually difficult fan replacement, found an appropriate solution, and cut into the ceiling tile without breaking it. He bent over backwards to provide appropriate lightbulbs for our new fixture. A pleasure to deal with.

You are welcome!

I really wanted you to be able to have a heat lamp and fan installed separately and I'm glad I could manage a solution despite the ceramic tiles covering the ceiling. I know you won't have to worry about the excessive steam build up from the shower with the new bath fan install.

Kelly
Kelly

updating electrical panel from 60 amp to 100amps

Joel is very hard and honest worker. He explained everything to me and made sure I knew the entire process. I didn't have to worry about arranging an inspector or EPCOR - he looked after everything. I would easily recommend him to anyone needing to do electrical work.

Thanks Kelly. It was a pleasure to do the job for you. Service upgrades can be intense as it involves temporary disconnection of the power mains and reconnecting all the branch circuits to the new panel. It's very satisfying work once everything is back on and resuming with bigger and better capacity on updated equipment.

CINDIE in Toronto
CINDIE in Toronto
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

New outlets and updates

We had a few companies come out to give us an estimate to upgrade some wiring in our basement. We were very happy and comfortable in choosing this company. Joel was very fair and professional in his work. He was able to explain and make recommendations for work to be done. We were very happy with the work and will be using this company again very soon!

It was my pleasure Cindie. I'm glad you chose Marshal Electric to do the work.

Bathroom Fan Install + Elec Plug Install

Joel did a great job with installing a new bathroom fan in my master bathroom. Just as a previous reviewer said, he jumped right up in the attic and went to work. Did a great job. Even took the time to lay out sheets to control any mess. I also re-routed some plug ins and installed new plug ins/breakers. He took time to review with me what I wanted done and did a very professional job. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for feedback. We do so many of these bath fan retrofits that it's now our native territory and feels so natural. The drop sheets are a must have to protect flooring and fixtures in the bathroom while we extract the old fan and install new. It keeps the work area neat with minimal cleanup needed.

More about Marshal Electric

Marshal Electric.

We provide a total solution for all bathroom and shower ventilation needs. Our installation standards exceed building code compliance and guarantee effective moisture elimination of bath and shower vapour while providing the quiet comfort of an Energy Star rated Panasonic Whisper fan.

Electricians and Lighting
Renovations & New Developments (Kitchen, Basement, Bathroom, Garage) Lighting Repair & Installations / Energy Efficient Upgrading Receptacle & Light Switch Installations Bathroom Fan Repair, Bathroom fan installations Aluminum Wire Pig-tailing Service Meter & Breaker Panel Upgrades ( 100 Amp / 200 Amp) Air Conditioner Power and Control Smoke & Carbon-monoxide Detectors Hot Tub & Jacuzzi Internet and TV Cabling
PANASONIC LEVITON SIEMENS SQUARE D
BATH FAN INSTALLATION AND UPGRADING: We provide a total solution for all bathroom and shower ventilation needs. Our installation standards exceed building code compliance and guarantee effective moisture elimination of bath and shower vapour while providing the quiet comfort of an Energy Star rated Panasonic Whisper fan rated at *110 cubic feet per minute (*higher if needed). For more information on the best practices we follow for bath fan installations, please see: www.nachi.org/bathroom-exhaust.htm
Alberta Master Electrician, Red Seal Journeyman Electrician