G I. Joe Heating Inc.

Calgary AB T2J 0B8

Reviews for G I. Joe Heating Inc.

Caldsy in Calgary
Caldsy in Calgary

Emergency Furnace replacement

These guys rescued me on some of the coldest days yet this year. They somehow got a new furnace and installed it on Remembrance Day. House was 56 degrees. They went above and beyond the call of duty.
I wouldn't use anyway else. They even laid down drop sheet throughout the entire house to keep it clean.
Great job guys.

Michauds from Calgary
Michauds from Calgary

Furnace air vents installed in finished basement ceiling + fan installation

We had several quotes to upgrade the heat in our finished basement including $7000 for 5 base board heaters ( which would have totally ripped up our walls) and a $4850 quote for a heat pump (which I understand don't work in Calgary) . GI Joe's quote of $1080 was a welcome surprise.
Lee from GI Joe Heating came to our home and assessed the situation. He discovered what we really needed were cold air returns and heat vents. He said our two furnaces were adequate to heat our home with the installation of the vents. The previous owners had finished the basement but did not put the appropriate vents in.
Within a few days, Josh and his apprentice installed the air returns/heat vents without damaging our newly refinished ceilings. Josh also installed a fan on our fireplace and now our furnaces and fireplace are working properly to heat our basement.
We appreciated the professionalism and price from this team to help us with our issue and would have no problem recommending GI Joe Heating Inc. In fact, we already did. We intend to contact them for future furnace issues.

Jimmy
Jimmy

Fast, Professional, and Friendly

I hired this company to add a secondary furnace for a duplex I am building in Cochrane. They were fast, friendly, reliable and got the job done without any problems.

I deffientely would use them again in the furture for all my properties and future developments.

Lois

Humidifier installation, furnace check-up, switch.

Company responded immediately when called regarding a leaking humidifier, returned following day to install a new one, plus a required furnace switch found on routine check of furnace. Staff very efficient, friendly and helpful and will certainly be called again for all heating requirements. Thanks for the great work.

Lois

Install fireplaces and water heater in condo complex clubhouse.

G. I. Joe disconnected a floor water heating system in our clubhouse and installed 2 fireplaces which have added much to the ambience of the clubhouse. They also do regular maintenance on the furnace and fireplaces and keep everything in perfect working order. Jody and his staff are quick to respond to any calls and are knowledgeable and efficient in all we have asked them to do. Thanks for the great job Jody.

Aj in Calgary
Aj in Calgary

Furnance

If I am given the option I would gave them rating of more than 10 stars. After days of struggling for replacing my old thermostat with new on very old furnance unit, I thought to call various companies as cold weather was approaching soon to be -10c. After two unsuccessful requests with other companies, I finally got in touch with Jody. I found him very accommodating, professional & knowledgeable. When I talked with Jody he immediately knew what the issue was and upon my request he immediately sent the help

Don in NW Calgary from Calgary
Don in NW Calgary from Calgary

High Efficiency Furnace Install

Very professional furnace install. I was happy with everything and appreciated that they addressed all my questions and concerns before and after the install. Of note, the City of Calgary inspector said "these guys always do a great job" before slapping his approval on the new unit.

Cory in Calgary
Cory in Calgary

GI Joe - way to go

Fantastic service- excellent rapport- We fully recommend this company and they gave us peace of mind in making sure our 2 fireplaces were up to par, fixed our problem quickly and certainly super smart . W
e just talked about them tonight and were thankful that we know them!

Kevin from Calgary
Kevin from Calgary

Great when it comes to furnace / fireplace repair, not so great at ducting

I've used G.I. Joe quite reliably for quite a few years and I've always been happy with their work. But recently we had some issues with our bathroom fans (which I installed and had G.I. Joe install the roof vents and ducting to the fans). I decided to replace the ducting myself and when I removed the ducting, I had found that the ducting that had been punctured which caused collected condensation to leak out and pour water down around the fans. The worst part was that they used screws to keep the flex ducting from coming off of the fans (normally a ring clamp and duct foil tape or tuck tape would do) and the screws were stopping fan's back flow flappers from opening. One screw was almost placed right on the hinge point of one of the fans flappers.

Lee is fantastic and I've used them for all of my furnace and fireplaces (installation and repair), but if you guys are reading this, PLEASE work on flex ducting installs and don't use screws anywhere near a duct flapper. :-(

Calgary Scotts
Calgary Scotts

Furnace Servicing

Arrived on time and I like that they were efficient, quick and tidy. And very affordable. I had 2 properties with 2 furnaces for servicing. And I was very much pleasantly surprised to be told I was eligible for the multiple discount @ $100 per appliance. I was also happy that they called the day before to confirm that they were coming. Very professional. Will recommend and use them again!

More about G I. Joe Heating Inc.

G I. JOE Heating is a Calgary based company made up of two Master Gasfitters with 30 years combined experience in the HVAC trade. We provide knowledgeable and skilled service, repairs and installation work on furnaces, hot water tanks, and fireplaces. We also offer gas line, garage heater and air-conditioning ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Calgary?