Fences & Gates

Matt B.
Matt B.
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Residential chain link fence

Element Fence recently completed a 45' residential chain link fence for me. The communication with Josiah during and after the estimation process was excellent - it was a relatively small project but I never got the sense that it was not worth their time as I had experienced with at least one other contractor on HomeStars. The crew installed the fence to spec and cleaned up nicely afterwards. Great job and I can't think of any negatives. I would definitely get in touch with them again should I have another fencing project in mind.

Hello Matt,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review.

One of the corner stones of Element Fence is communication. Our communication between team members and with our customers has allowed us to become the company we are today.

Here at Element Fence we treat all jobs with the same degree of attention and care; no matter how big or small.

We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Nancy
Nancy

Repair and rebuild fence

Shared fence with 2 neighbours
Everyone was satisfied with the work
Job done on time & on budget

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your review.

Our office crew works diligently to ensure that all projects are completed in a timely and affordable manner while working in tandem with our installation crews who strive to leave our customers satisfied at every step.

We are glad to hear we were able to meet these targets for both you and your neighbours.

Pam
Pam

75 foot Fence and replacement of 2 gates

The fence replacement team worked efficiently and cleanly taking care not to disturb existing gardens using gas powered augers to dig new fence post holes. They used 6x6 posts as recommended by estimating team. Back half of fence was on a grade which they addressed with no issues. Joe was meticulous and we appreciated the great workmanship.

Hello Pam,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Element Fence team.

Our estimating team provides our clients with only the best advice pertaining to the job at hand and takes into consideration any and all requests. Based on this, our installation team implements the decisions, procedures, and requests devised alongside our clients.

When it comes time to install, each member of our installation crews takes pride in their own meticulous workmanship.

aherak
aherak

New Fence Installation

Needed new fencing after tree damage and age
Install took 3 days since the property is very large
They measured before they did the work provided the quote
Once accepted they arrived 1 week later
They brought all fencing and tools gave updates on how things were going
They worked efficiently and cleanly a team of 3-4 people
Removed all old fencing at the end of the job.
Well done

Hello aherak,

Thank you for your thoughtful review.

No matter how big or small the job, our experienced crews are entirely self-sufficient with materials and tools so as not to inconvenience our clients during the installation process. We continuously provide you with updates so that you remain in complete control of your project.

When we leave any work site it is our policy to leave the work site cleaner, rather than messier, than when we arrived.

Virginia K in Mississauga
Virginia K in Mississauga

Wooden Fence Replacement

As mentioned, scheduling delay due to major wind storm. Daniel and Josiah were a pleasure to deal with. Crew, including Steve and Joe were courteous and very skilled dealing with elevation issues. We're very pleased with quality of workmanship and cleanup afterwards. We would highly recommend!

Hello Virginia,

Thank you for reviewing Element Fence.

All of our installers are mature and experienced and are able to handle any issue that a work site may throw at them.

From our office staff to our installers on the front lines, our main priority is providing our clients with a feeling of respect and care, whether that takes the form of continuous updates on job progress or ensuring that the work site is left cleaner than when we arrived.

patinfo
patinfo

Most unethical company I worked with.

BEWARE OF THESE GUYS.. Most unethical, bullying and offensive company to deal with.

Work: To replace the fence fallen due to a storm in Oct 2017. Majority work was on my neighbor's side.

Element completed the work on my neighbor's side and the common to both. But left me in the lurch with the panels that came off the two posts.

When they are busy, they find most creative ways to avoid small jobs.
1. In first place, they gave multiple quotations and finally left a small portion but important part of the work. After multiple follow-ups, they sent a new quote with a cost of $5500 for the repair work, which someone is ready to do it for less than $500.
2. Management cannot handle the workload. They try to bully you and place the blame on you. Will never keep promises on providing the quotations or invoices. After the initial work, had to follow-up multiple times for almost 2 weeks for the invoice.
3. Only good thing is that the team on the ground knows what they are doing, unlike the guys who are managing.

Update: Element Fence responded to my review in Google with some accusations. Please find his accusations and my responses below.

Response to their post below:

Element's response:

In this case, our client requested that we collect directly from his neighbor for his half of the repaired fence. He held back his payment until we submitted a quote for repair to another portion of his fence (not included or covered by the insurance claim).

My response: Above statements are completely not true. We delayed the payment to clarify some questions with invoices. Even revised quotes from them took days, because of their busy schedule. Delay in payment is due to delay in their response. This is just a ruse for Element Fence to avoid the visit for inspection and then completion of "Small" incomplete work.

The client tried pressuring Element Fence into assisting with his insurance sc*m (8” x 8” x 16’ grooves cedar post and 2 1/4” x 10’ cedar T&G sound barrier fence - look it up folks, $500 doesn’t even cover a single post cost).

My Response: There is no insurance sc*m here. The entire fence is covered by insurance. The estimate provided after inspection by my insurance company includes repairs to the incomplete part of the work. Look it folks… It's "Repair" and Not "Replacement". If Element does not know how to interpret the language in the insurance documentation, it speaks volumes of their knowledge and professionalism. The only thing not covered was a gate that I said I was ready to pay separately. With too much work, I don't see a mistake in them forgetting this discussion. But it's completely unethical and unprofessional of Element to accuse me of "Insurance Sc*m". My insurance underwriter is completely aware of my situation.

Unfortunately for the client, Element Fence abides by good morals and business ethics.

My Response: Element Fence promised that they will do secondary visit. Unfortunately, their busy schedule required them to put their ethics and Morals aside and avoid the site visit. They did not come to see the fence in person. On the day of the visit, they asked me to send the photos. I don't understand how they see a need for replacing the posts without even coming onsite.

Sadly, this type of thing will eventually happen to any company dealing with the massive volumes that we do.
My Response: This is the whole point. Sadly, their busy schedules and more lucrative work happened to put my work aside.

Our estimate should be no surprise to client, sine we simply extended a prorated price for work already completed.

My Response: It may be no surprise to Element. It is definitely a surprise to me. When I requested repairs, Element sent quote for replacement of the posts. May be the work of repairs is not worth the morals and ethics that Element Fence support. Since I am being accused of insurance sc*mmer that I am not, I am accusing Element of trying to squeeze customers for unnecessary work, for their financial benefit. I stand a victim of their more lucrative work elsewhere.

Element Fence will always attempt to rectify any unsettled issue that comes up on a site, our estimate clearly states Element Fence Protocol for hard digging and any reason for extra changes (Knock on wood) in all our years of business Element Fence yet to exercise this waiver because Element Fence cares more to cooperate with our client towards a resolution before cashing in on “extras”.

Our highly experienced office staff is patient, professional, and treats all people equally. Element Fence offers a free site inspection and estimate that is transparent, consistent, and competitive.
Our entire office staff has worked years in the field and has graduated to become the management / office staff thus can recognize potential problems on site or with a customer.

In this case, our client requested that we collect directly from his neighbour Narendra (the individual leaving this review), for his half of the repaired fence.
Narendra (the individual leaving this review) held back his payment until we submitted a quote for repair to another portion of his fence (not included or covered by the insurance claim) Narendra tried pressuring Element Fence into assisting with his insurance scam (8” x 8” x 16’ grooves cedar post and 2 1/4” x 10’ cedar T&G sound barrier fence - look it up folks, $500 doesn’t even cover a single post cost).

Unfortunately for Narendra Pathuri, Element Fence abides by good morals and business ethics.

Our estimate should be no surprise to Narendra, since we simply extended a prorated price for work already completed. Element Fence is a company that does everything by the book and above board, unfortunately this does not sit well with some individuals but no matter what we proudly maintain our standards and ethics.

Daniel& Josiah

AK
AK

Fence

The team was professional and diligent. Right from Daniel to Josiah, we were impressed with the attention and care given to our project.

Hello AK,

Thank you for your review.

The stringent protocols that Element Fence follows produces professionalism and customer satisfaction from office to site.

The office at Element Fence is happy to leave an impression that prompts positive feedback.

steve.ince17
steve.ince17

Fence repair

The toughest part was getting it scheduled, although to be fair this was largely due to a huge backlog due to recent windstorm. The quality of the work and the service orientation were both top notch....we were very satisfied with the work that was done

Hello Steve,

We have had an incredibly busy month due to the windstorm at the beginning of May and the Element Fence team has been working overtime to accommodate all of our clients.
We apologize for any delays in scheduling you experienced as a result of this.

Element Fence is proud of not only our quality and workmanship but also in the service we provide to our clients.

Your comments continue to motivate us.

jeffwdick
jeffwdick
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Exterior lock up

Security fence for the keg room storage outside our restaurant. Job was quoted and performed in a timely fashion. We got exactly what we needed.

Hello Jeff,

At Element Fence, we aim to elevate security in a creative yet attractive manner. The Element Fence team is glad you got exactly what you needed.

The Element Fence team aims to service all of our client's needs as fast as we possibly can.

More about Element Fence

Element Fence is a commercial and residential fence contractor, specializing in custom wood and decorative metal fence, film set, security fence and razor wire, greenhouse and grow facility, solar and wind farm fence, data centre and telecom rooms, construction hoarding and temporary fence, cantilever and automatic gate fabrication / install, on site welding, secure cages and garbage enclosures.
Element Fence provides 24 hour emergency service to our commercial clients and to secure storage facilities.
Element Fence services the GTA and Southern Ontario, to provide a safe and efficient installation of chain link fence and gates, cedar, pressure treated and exotic wood work, modular or aluminum iron fence, wrought iron fence, vinyl fence, corrugated sheet metal hoarding and glass railing.