Bathroom Design Build

Reviews for Bathroom Design Build

Julie in Port Moody
Julie in Port Moody
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Main bathroom and ensuite renovation

We recently had our main bathroom and ensuite renovated by Paul and were really happy with the results. In the main bathroom we had all new fixtures, tile, flooring and paint. The ensuite we had a huge walk in shower built, all new fixtures, tile, flooring and paint. The project was finished in a timely manner and the quality of work was very good. Paul made sure to keep the location clean throughout the project and we had no problems at all. We have recommended Paul to several friends and those that have completed their renos are just as happy with the results as we are.

Thanks Julie!

2nd Bathroom Project

We hired Paul for the renovation of our bathroom ensuite and laundry room both on the main floor in May 2015. I wrote a review at the time. He was prompt, professional, an artist and a perfectionist. Other estimators said they could not level the flooring with the newly installed hardwood but Paul did so beautifully. He cleaned up on a daily basis which limited clutter and dust. On this project Paul singlehandedly, did the tiling, installation and plumbing of shower, vanities, toilet, faucets etc. painting, drywalling, and electrical requirements for the bathroom fan and spot lights. We were so pleased with his work that we hired him again in January 2016, for a smaller bathroom which also required gutting, lights, fan, tiling, painting, installation of bath/enclosure, toilet, sink, vanities etc.

Although this project ran into a couple of delays through no fault of Paul, the quality of his overall work was not compromised. The clean up occurred every day and final result was worth waiting for. Because of his high standards and glowing reputation, Paul is no longer able to do everything himself and is now working with contractors to work with him on his projects. However, he scrutinizes both their work and ethics very carefully before taking them on for a project and requires that they work to his very high standards. On the second project Paul did not do the electrical work himself but the contractor he brought in was excellent and even helped us with a separate electrical issue we were dealing with.

Pleased with the second project and Paul's quality of work and professionalism, we have once again called him to assist us with a smaller, third project on some kitchen renovations. He will do the plumbing but has coordinated the work with another tiler for the tiling of the backsplash. I have absolute confidence that if the new tiler has passed Paul's scrutiny we will again be very satisfied customers. I will confirm our satisfaction once the project is completed next month.

Thanks Angela & Henryk, it's was a pleasure to work for you.

jbarton in Vancouver
jbarton in Vancouver

Bathroom Renovation

Bathroom Design Build renovated the master bathroom of our two bedroom apartment in early July 2016.

Paul and his crew were professional, personable, punctual, prompt, and perfectionist. They worked in a very organized and clean manner, which was important in our small space. They were considerate of our privacy and kept noise from the renovation to a minimum, which was appreciated by our neighbours.

Paul is very knowledgeable and willing to offer design suggestions. His communication skills were excellent, as was his attention to detail. The project was completed on the schedule and at the cost he estimated. We love our new bathroom and would not hesitate to use Bathroom Design Build again or recommend them to others.

Thanks Joel & Carol, I'm glad you are happy!

Florentina
Florentina
2 reviews Port Moody, BC

Bathroom rennovation

Could not be happier with the work Paul did on our bathroom. Everything was done on time and the the quality of the work was great.
Paul is very knowledgeable and has has a great work ethic. We plan to hire him for additional future projects.

Thanks Florentina & Adrian

Chris Phillips
Chris Phillips

Bathroom renovation

Paul did an amazing job on our bathroom. We got an estimate from Paul because of the great reviews we found online and he definitely lived up to the reputation. Done in a good amount of time and to budget Paul's work was A quality. All the finishes and detail work was done really well and the tiling and waterproof was amazing. Paul is a great communicator and addressed any of our concerns with out any hassle as well as going above and beyond on issues we hadn't even thought of. I'd couldn't recommend him enough and we are so happy with our new bathroom

Thanks for the review Chris.

Maureen
Maureen
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

Bathroom Renovation

We hired Paul a couple of years ago for a bathroom renovation and were extremely pleased with his knowledge, expertise and professionalism. It was an easy decision to have him oversee our second bathroom reno. He has expanded his team and we would highly recommend Rob also. Rob did all the tiling and did a fantastic job. He too is a hard worker and is very skilled at his craft. Paul was very much involved in the project and was very easy to reach by text, if need be. The entire team is very trustworthy and we had no worries leaving the house while they were working. They took great care to keep their work space neat after a day's work and the final cleanup was great too.

Thanks Maureen & Alan.

mimi66 in Burnaby, British Columbia Canada V3B1W1
mimi66 in Burnaby, British Columbia Canada V3B1W1
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Ensuite gut and guest bath remodel

I recently had my ensuite bathroom gutted and re-done by Paul and his team. I had 3 estimates and chose to go with Paul because of his knowledge, experience and professional attitude. I had everything existing removed and a whole new shower built with custom frameless shower doors. His feedback on types of tile and fixtures was so helpful. He had great ideas on shelving and the suppliers he used, modern bathrooms, for vanities etc. are of good quality. Paul and his team were there everyday on time and kept all mess to a minimum and cleaned up everyday. The work took two weeks and a bit only because I was so happy with it that I had his team do some extras (linen shelving in ensuite) and then realized I must do my guest bathroom as well.

Thanks Michele, glad you are happy!

Lynn R.
Lynn R.

Bathroom floor tile

I just purchased a new construction condo with horribly installed and ugly bathroom floor tile. If I was going to replace them, it had to be done very quickly before moving in, as the noise and stress to my 2 cats would be too much. Paul stepped in and once I'd chosen the replacement tiles, took care of everything. The floor is simply stunning! The large (16"x32") tiles are so even and flat, the pattern set exactly as I'd laid out beforehand and the grout perfectly coloured to blend in with the tiles. I'm also replacing the bathroom vanity countertop; Paul removed it for me and will be back to hook up the plumbing when the ne countertop arrives.2000 As others point out, Paul took great care, as if it were his own home, cleaning up behind him and doing things right the first time. VERY happy and I highly recommend Paul and his team!

Thanks Lynn, glad I was able to help out.

Dan & Winni Hamilton in Vancouver
Dan & Winni Hamilton in Vancouver
1 review Port Moody, BC

Bathroom Renovation

Paul McGeehan is an excellent referral. Without any hesitation we recommend him to anyone looking for a contractor with:
Superior Craftsmanship, Time courteous, excellent in listening to all of our wants and delivered a superior quality end design and product all within budget.
We had a total bathroom gut and model redo from the floors, walls, cabinets, shower, heated towel racks and venting.
Paul and his team are amazing and now our only contractor we will use on any future projects.

Thanks for the review Dan & Winni

Matt M in North Vancouver
Matt M in North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Restored Our Faith in Contractors

Having had to fire our original contractor part way through the renovation of our ensuite and main bathroom I didn't think we'd hire a contractor again. I finished off the ensuite myself but realized I couldn't tackle the main on my own, at least in any reasonable time. After months of procrastinating we finally decided to give Paul a call.

Paul is very down to earth and honest, he'll let you know up front what is possible and what items could cause increase costs. Paul's estimate was spot on, the only overrun was due to some extra electrical work we had done while the electrician was on site. When sub-contractors are required (the electrician in this case) Paul takes as much care getting quotes for the work as you would yourself.

Overall we're extremely happy with the work Paul did. Our bathroom design is very simple and clean which means that attention to detail really shows. Paul took the bathroom back to the studs to finished in under 2 weeks.

We would recommend Paul to anyone looking to renovate their bathroom. Our only regret is that we didn't find Paul before the ensuite got done.

Thanks Matt much appreciated!

More about Bathroom Design Build

Bathroom-Design-Build is a family owned and run business dedicated to giving you that custom bathroom look for the best possible price. Through a strict work ethic and exceptionally high standards of practice, founder, Paul McGeehan, invariably provides uniquely creative, high-quality craftsmanship to each customer. Bathroom-Design-Build values genuine, honest, open working relationships and strives to provide such consistency to all customers and business partners.

At Bathroom Design Build we take great pride in our renovation process. Your bathroom may look stunning on the outside but what is underneath? The foundation materials of any bathroom are the most important aspects and will be the deciding factor as to whether your bathroom lasts two or fifteen years. Using high quality proven products that will stand the test of time, prevent water penetration and most importantly prevent mold growth should not be compromised or overlooked.