Linen Chest

Toronto ON M5R2E2

Reviews for Linen Chest

- in Old Toronto
- in Old Toronto

Wow - no service at all. Don’t waste your time.

Tried supporting a local company even though they were more expensive. “In stock” product hadn’t shipped in over a week, no response to emails. Two phone calls and all I could get was “ should ship next week”. Cancelled order. I tried.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Horrible Experience

I purchased 3 of the same item online on Dec 1, paid for expedited shipping and as of Dec 20 I still haven't received it. I am in Canada too, so it's not even shipping far! I had to call TWICE to check up on my order and they didn't even bother to reach out and say my order was delayed and on the first phone call I was GUARANTEED that my order would go out - which it didn't. Ridiculous! All they keep telling me is to go into my nearest store to buy what I wanted which is NOT convenient for me at all. So I said "why don't you have my local store ship my items to me?" All I got was "It doesn't work that way". I would NEVER recommend purchasing ANYTHING from this organization! They can't get their act together at all, particularly during Christmas - the busiest time of the year! During the 2nd phone call I was again, guaranteed, that a Manager would call me on Monday Dec 18 and, shocker...no one ever called. I received an email saying that I can get 10% off my next order - no way, thanks - and that as an alternative if I want my items before Christmas, I can go into my local store! OMG! Horrible experience and I, like many other reviews on here, have NO idea how this company is still in business. Buyer beware for sure - if you are debating making an online purchase from this company, my advice is don't do it!

Hunter Douglas Service

Linen Chest has its own staff of Hunter Douglas reps that will come to your home. They guarantee they will be in touch within 2 days. They were not. I agreed to give them a second chance when they didn't return my follow up call because the woman was apparently on vacation. On the day she was supposed to come, she called when she was supposed to be at my home to let me know she wouldn't be able to make it for another hour. I couldn't shift the time, and her response was that was too bad she was busy with other clients. When I called the store to complain, they simply said they weren't responsible for their staff's behaviour. This company takes no responsibility for their staff's lack of follow through of professionalism and I would not recommend it to anyone unless you are looking for a very frustrating experience.

SABRINA in Toronto
SABRINA in Toronto
1 review Milton, ON

Horrible Online Service Beware

I am shocked this company is still in business!
I ordered and paid for a painting online it was above $75 which they state makes the item eligible for free shipping. Also it was oversized. I was charged $0.00 for shipping online as per there advertisement. They called me the next day and said the cost to ship the product was $20 and they were going to charge me or cancel the order. Needless to say I couldn't believe that after the order was processed and I thought shipping in process they were requesting additional funds, I've never had this happen. I highly recommend you find an alternative supplier and steer clear from this company! There customer service is atrocious.

Stella in Port Coquitlam
Stella in Port Coquitlam
1 review Greater Vancouver, BC

Online order

Useless on line business. Ordered a room divider and they had the colours mixed up from what the photos showed so I emailed them to make sure they gave me the correct colour and the sales associate even provided me with the correct code # to put in to get my desired colour and assured me it would be right but low and behold I got the wrong one. Useless!!

applience

poor online service . wrong price until you checkout then you pay more, don't update price changes on time.go elsewher shop online cheaper elsewhere. online help does nothing to help

Dara on the Danforth
Dara on the Danforth

Bought a mattress

I bought a new mattress at the new Linen Chest on Laird Ave in Toronto in fall 2013. The original mattress, bought for a good price on sale, was not comfortable and gave me back aches. The district manager to the problem in hand and although it took about a month to get resolved, I was able to have the mattresses switched out for a TemperPedic that is wonderful for the same price (as the TemperPedics when on sale by then). The store manager wasn't much help but the district manager came to my rescue. I find Linen Chest generally overpriced and perhaps it was my oversight but the salesperson who sold me the original mattress was not that forthcoming with what to do if I was unhappy with my purchase.

Diane from Erindale
Diane from Erindale
9 reviews Erindale, ON

Bedding

I recently went to Linen Chest to purchase the bedding for my new home. I was thoroughly impressed by their selection of duvet covers and bedding accessories - all at reasonable prices. Their selection of duvets is fantastic - lots of promotions in store so you want to get on their e-mail list! Happy shopping! :)