J & M Appliances

HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Edmonton  >  J & M Appliances

Reviews for J & M Appliances

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Clueless and Unprofessional

Horrible experience. Having trouble with our Samsung fridge not cooling/freezing properly. Came out, did some very basic checks (most of which I had already tried after Googling), and promptly said the coolant level was low. Added more coolant and charged $168. The problem persists. Came out again, and said they think it may be a control board issue, but will have to check with "the guys" at the part dealership and will get back to us. Also indicated that there was only one place in Edmonton that sells Samsung parts, so they "charge a lot". After many more days, finally get a message to call someone back, at which time I had to re-explain the entire issue, and then wait for a few more days for them to comeback yet again to "do some diagnostics". This time, two guys come out, and without even pulling the fridge out, try to use the fridge's touch panel to call up diagnostics, with no success. Unfortunately, I wasn't the one home, as I could have easily showed them how to do it, based on the information both IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL, and on a sticker at THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE. The problem was explained, yet again, by my wife, at which point they said the fridge "wouldn't run self-diagnostics" (since they had no idea how to properly do it) so the control panel must be shot, but they would go back and check with the boss. As this had already been 8 days since the first visit, and not having a properly working fridge or freezer is an understandable major inconvenience, we asked if "the boss" would be calling us back the next day. Almost laughingly we were told it would be at least 2 or 3 days, if not more, as the boss was going on vacation. We were also told that the "technician" on the first visit said the refrigerant level was "barely" below normal level, so wasn't really sure it needed to be topped up (but obviously couldn't think of anything else useful to do). And the icing on the cake was when they said that the control board was "not being made anymore", so couldn't be obtained anyways, although if we wanted to be sure, we could CALL SAMSUNG OURSELVES(?!?!).
That was a week ago and no one has showed enough consideration or professionalism to call us back yet, and I somehow doubt that anyone will.
Since then, I DID call Samsung, and they indicated the part was not only available, but could be shipped direct at relatively low cost. They also listed their authorized repair shop in Edmonton. I called them and was immediately greeted by a vastly superior level of professionalism. They took all my information, indicated they would check with their technician, and actually gave me a real estimate based on the problem.
So basically a COMPLETE WASTE of $168, and two weeks of time that could have been used to call someone actually capable of dealing with our fridge. They had NO CLUE how to deal with my Samsung fridge, and showed no desire to actually act like true professionals and FIND OUT how to diagnose/fix the issue, or even to check on the parts.

Jim
Jim
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Washer Repair

I called for help with my 3 1/2 year old Samsung Washer that wouldn't spin. The phone was answered immediately, the appointment was made for the following day. The service man called the following morning (like he said he would) and the time for the appointment was set up. They arrived on time, were efficient in fixing the machine. They were respectful of the mess they could have made (but didn't) in my laundry room by draining the machine. First rate work, came when they said, fixed it, charged a fair price. I'll use them again if something breaks; and recommend them without hesitation.

Patricia.c.colling in Edmonton
Patricia.c.colling in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Dishwasher repair

J&M came out to look at our dishwasher after a previous service company took a deposit for parts and disappeared. They very quickly found the real problem (no parts required) and even guaranteed their work for 30 days. Can't be happier with the service!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

LG dryer repair

My LG dryer was making a lot of noise. These guys repaired the rollers and pulleys along with cleaning out the blower fan and ducts.

For anyone who owns an LG made appliance, you'll soon realize that sourcing parts can be very difficult since they make you go directly to the manufacturer. However these guys have been in the industry for decades and had the connections to get the parts in a timely manner.

I was charged a very reasonable rate to fix my dryer and happy with the service.

Will repeat again.

Tricia from Edmonton
Tricia from Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Oven Repair

My oven wouldn't heat above 250 just as I was about to put the cookies in. I called J&M appliances in the morning and they were there in the afternoon. Sagoo was our technician and he was extremely professional, friendly and informative. It turned out to be nothing major and he was out the door in 15 minutes. The price was comparable, but you cannot beat the same day service.

Janice from Edmonton
Janice from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Dishwasher repair

I have had this company repair several appliances, clothes washer, fridge in the past in a previous house & was pleased with the service then. Today I called regarding my dishwasher & learned the company is no longer sole owner & repairman. The employee, to my relief, that came was as professional, efficient & knowlegeable as the owner. I would highly recommend this company. I have always had prompt (even an emergency on a sunday) service. Their prices are within reason, suggestions & tips as to maintaining the appliance & honest opinion if it is worth repairing appreciated. Very satisfied again & would recommend this company!

CP in Sherwood Park
CP in Sherwood Park
8 reviews ARDROSSAN, AB

Dryer Repair

Awesome same day service, honest and reasonable prices. Used this company many times for our rental property and can always count on him. Highly recommend this company for any appliance repair.