Would not recommend this mason. Deadlines were missed regularly and after 1 month overdue we had to dismiss the contractor.
The deficiencies in the workmanship are numerous and include:
- no taping of railing, ceiling, walls - he claimed the mortar would crumble off with a wet cloth. Wrong.
- cut electrical left live and dangling in our utility room
- exposed nail @ ground level (hazard for a 2yr old)
- cultured stone not installed - pieces sliding out by hand
- mortar left to dry/cure on cultured stone (another big no-no due to this stone being dyed concrete - scraping it removes dye)
- mortar left to dry/cure on grates and fireplace unit face
- damage done to our hardwood floors where it appears a running saw blade was placed on floor
- wood nooks not uniform as per direction provided - nooks not cut straight and seams not sealed
- - stone mantle not installed full length as requested and mantle mortar left with gaps in it
- on request of the mason 2 additional boxes of flats were ordered. In all 60% excess stone was ordered and picked through making it un-returnable.