HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Calgary  >  TerraBurst Inc.

Reviews for TerraBurst Inc.

Dale in Toronto
Dale in Toronto

Water line break repair

I called TerraBurst and they came the very next day. The completed the job in one day and were very professional!
The guys put down drop cloths and cleaned up everything before they left.
They guys were very courteous and kept me informed all the way through the process.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone!!!
Great Job!!!

Hi Dale! Not sure why it says you're in Toronto, but it sure was a pleasure working with you here in Calgary. It was kind of you to take the time and write about your experience with us. Thank you for your recommendation!

Sewer Piper Trenchless Replacement

Using Terraburst to trenchlessly replace my compromised sewer pipe was the most inexpensive and quickest professional method I found in Calgary. Tree roots had pierced over 4 feet of the "no-corode" sewer pipe. Since failure had not occurred yet, Colin explained that this pipe was still suitable for the trenchless replacement. I booked the date, the 4-man crew arrived as scheduled, and after a 12-hour day, they finished the job including clean-up. I was left with a new sewer pipe (with a back-water check valve), a new cemented hole in my basement and a small, shallow hole in my front yard. This is a very professional group of people, from the owner Colin to the crew, who were hard-working, knowledgeable, and expert at their jobs. I only had to replace some sod into the newly-compacted hole.

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your kind words! ~ Erin Acuna, VP, Internal Operations

Shona in Calgary
Shona in Calgary

Sewer and Water Line Replacement

We had Colin Reardon of Terraburst replace our sewer and water line in May, 2017. Colin explained our options, answered all of our questions and was very professional. Colin and his crew arrived at 8 am, worked efficiently and was done the job in one day. They did such a great job - you can't even tell they had been here. We would highly recommend Terraburst for their excellent service!

Hi Shona,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our work - thank you! It was a pleasure working with you as well.

Erin Acuna, VP, Internal Operations

Dennis in
Dennis in

Sewer line replacement.

Was 100% satisfied, had Colin do a second property I own.
One of best contractors I have dealt with. Everything was do on time and yard was made good at end of job.

Highly recommend these people.

Hi Dennis! Please accept our thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Trent in Calgary in Calgary
Trent in Calgary in Calgary

Water line replacement

December 30,2016 we had our water turned off by the city due to a break in our main water line on our property so our responsibility and no insurance coverage for that. It was a bad time for this to happen too because it was cold and difficult to contact contractors due to the New Years proximity. I wanted to do my due diligence and get at least 3 quotes as I heard the prices can vary a lot but at the same time there was an urgency to get the work done quickly. I did talk to Colin at TerraBurst early on but was convinced by another contractor that they had the best types of technologies to mitigate risk and really put "The Fear of God" into me about what can go wrong. Next came the quote. This took forever with all kinds of ridiculous excuses for the delays. When I did get their quote it was for $12,000! When asked why so high I was told their equipment was down and were sub-contracting someone else's equipment, WOW! So I called Colin and the next day he was out and verbally quoted no more than 8000. If I went with him right away I would have been with water 4 days earlier and Colin is a man of his word. There was no written quote and the price was exactly what he said. They have done hundreds of these water line pulls and they all worked. And Colin is there himself doing the job! So my advise...if you are as unfortunate as us with a water line break, just go ASAP with Colin at TerraBurst right away or you may be thoroughly disappointed.

Hi Trent,
I recall this job very well! Thank you for spending the time to write a review, and share your experience with us. We pride ourselves on standing by our original quote - no excuses. Happy to have helped take the stress down a few notches :)

Lisa in Calgary
Lisa in Calgary

Sewer back up repair

I owed Colin a review for his work at my house 5 years ago.
He has been so far our most favorite and trustworthy contractor.
We had a deal with the city that if we fix our side of the pipe the city will fix its side in the back alley. So I looked up the internet and hire TerraBust to do it. The sewer worked perfectly fine after the repair except there was still a small dip under the garage and Colin guarantee that for our peace of mind he would come over every 3 months to auger it even though it didn't need to be done but he insisted to do it anyway. It turned out the city wasn't satisfy with the pipe not being 100% straight. I phoned Colin and he told me: "It's my baby now and you don't have to worry about it. You don't have to pay any extra penny for it". He then came back with a bigger crew and dug up my garage to fix it. I will never forget his words. I knew with the amount of works he did to fix my pipes, he probably didn't make any money if not making a huge loss. I don't know if there are such contractors out there who would have that kind of integrity. Thank you so very much Colin. I wish you the best and I hope your business is doing well.
Lisa from Silverspring NW Calgary

Hi Lisa,
A million thanks for sharing your kind words - we really appreciate it! It's very rare that we encounter projects like this one, but we hold ourselves accountable. Thank you for your support!
Best regards,
Colin

Alastair Patterson from Calgary
Alastair Patterson from Calgary

Great product and service

Colin and his team did an outstanding job. Prior to selecting TerraBurst, Colin gave detailed answers to all my questions and walked through the different options with me. He is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Colin's team did a great job - quick and thorough. I paid extra to have them return my yard to it's previous state and they did an excellent job (it's now better than it was).

I would highly recommend TerraBurst to anyone else looking to repair / replace a sewer line. They go for the best long-term option, rather than the lowest short-term cost.

Hi Alastair,
We are so pleased to read your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us! It was a pleasure working with you as well.
Colin Reardon, President & CEO

Doug H in Calgary
Doug H in Calgary

Sewer Line Replacement

Colin and crew at TerraBurst exceeded my expectations; on time, on budget, courteous, cleaned up the site, respectful of trees and property. Although the bursting technology did not completely work (as was explained before job started), the job (additional trenching) was completed in a single day. Crew did there best to protect and preserve other property features. I was consulted on all the interior plumbing work as to my preferences and they were very accommodating.

Hi Doug! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on working with us - thank you!
Colin Reardon, President & CEO

ryan in Calgary
ryan in Calgary

sewer replacement

I left messages with several plumbing services, and got only a few responses from those, and Colin's was by far the most comprehensive and explanatory quote, never mind price wise. He was very good about explaining what the problem with the main sewer line was and how their process worked.

Our line had collapsed and silt/sand was coming back up the floor drain, and I was getting worried about it, but Colin assured me that it would still be ok for the week between my first meeting with him and the job date.

When the day came, he showed up on time, and the whole process was very clean, and everyone involved, very professional and polite. I popped out every now and then to check out what they were doing (not to monitor, but just out of curiosity) and Colin was still just as pleasant explaining what was happening.

It was very refreshing to see the owner being right in the pit with his workers and not supervising from a distance. I could tell he really enjoyed his work and even providing guidance to his apprentices.

I would not wish my sewer problems on anyone, but if anyone asked me for a recommendation on a company to do the replacement, I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend Colin.

Hi Ryan,
I recall this job very well! Thank you for sharing your experience with us - we appreciate your support.

Marie & Jo from Calgary
Marie & Jo from Calgary

Sewer and waterline replacement

We live in a neighbourhood, where 50 years ago, sewer line construction was done with non-corrode pipes (brilliant???), means tarp paper pipe... guess what, they do not last forever and get crushed, collapsed, or ripped off by roots!
After a first alert with a small backup 5 years ago, we finally had to change the whole pipe on our property this year. The pipe was quite collapsed and we couldn't get more stressed waiting for the next bigger backup.
We made our research about pipe bursting, and met Colin very rapidly in August, and he was very professional explaining the whole process and consequences. He was OK with the very small space in our basement (less than 2x4 ft).
The team showed up at 8 am, and started to work directly. Inside the house, the floor get covered, and even the outside deck. The 5 team members were very efficient and each of them knew exactly what to do.
We had the sewer line and water line replaced in the same time, the work is absolutely non invasive, nothing has been damaged and does not even show. Was a blast to see them go. The job was completed by 3pm.
We were very impressed by their professionalism, efficiency and kindness. Would highly recommend!

Marie & Jo,
So kind of you to write a review for us - thank you! We got a kick out of "a blast to see them go" :) We're delighted to make this experience as stress-free as possible for you both.
Best regards,
Colin

More about TerraBurst Inc.

Trenchless sewer & water isn't just an added service - it’s our only service - and TerraBurst is the only company in town that provides a "no surprises" experience. Every time.

TerraBurst overcomes the challenges of traditional sewer & water repair - ugly trenches, destroyed landscaping and massive costs - by using the industry's latest technology. With TerraBurst, your yard, your garage (and your investment!) remains intact, while keeping costs at an absolute minimum.

We pride ourselves on being Alberta’s best, and exemplifying what it means to be honest and forthright, while redefining quality and paying attention to detail. Our crew is comprised of construction superintendents, heavy equipment operators, Red Seal plumbers, project managers, and all-around standup guys (and girls!). Rest assured you’ve selected the best team in Western Canada for your trenchless project.