Loewen Plumbing & Gasfitting

Reviews for Loewen Plumbing & Gasfitting

Max in Edmonton
Max in Edmonton

Hot Water On Demand

I couldn't be more appreciative to Loewen Plumbing. My hot water on demand system kept failing and mid shower would give me cold water. Anyways they came to the rescue and only took them an hour to fix it. They are very intelligent and I will be using them again.

David in Edmonton
David in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Great pricing and excellent service :D

Great pricing and excellent service. Cody was friendly, knowledgeable, and took the time to explain what was required before starting and had everything working again before I knew it.
Would highly recommend for future property management needs. :)

Plumbing Work

I have used Cody at Loewen Plumbing many times for projects small and large. Cody will make himself available to meet your schedule and has the expertise to get the job done. I am a project manager and he is my go to guy for anything pluming related. I have used many different companies and his prices are the best.

Eldon in Edmonton
Eldon in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Stellar service from a top notch plumber!

I've gone with Loewen Plumbing for several jobs, small and large. They've replaced my failed hot water tank, installed a garage furnace (love it!) and bailed me out on a Saturday night with a faucet repair that I started (long story, Cody saved the day!). He's my go-to guy for anything water or gas and I tell all my friends when they need one.

Andrea from Edmonton
Andrea from Edmonton

Plumbing

We hired Cody based on his discussion with us about the old home we were renovating. His estimate was comparable with others we received, but he seemed more enthused about working in an older home and so we chose him. Cody rarely came to the site and didn't come by to check the work completed. His plumbers walked off the job repeatedly and we were not told why, only forced to contend with the setbacks. Once the issue was resolved (asbestos suspected in attic, removed appropriately), they again walked off without telling us why. Several times I stopped by during the day to see if they had questions or needed any information while they were onsite, and several times I caught them standing around doing nothing. The communication was poor, though their receptionist far more helpful than anyone else there.

In the end we were charged more than was originally estimated (which was to include the finishing work) and then estimated several thousand more for finishing work. This was negotiated down to a fair rate, and props for willing to negotiate with a client and admit to staffing problems, but the resulting work, we have discovered, is not to code, leaks, doesn't have basics like shut-offs in places and lacks appropriate venting. When this was reported to Cody, he simply voided the invoice that had been sent (and not paid yet) and didn't offer to bring the work up to an acceptable quality standard. I would check carefully to be sure that you have a detailed quote, have assured yourself that someone will do quality control on the work and not pay invoices prior to having an inspector check it.