Appliance Repairman

Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Dishonest and Terrible Customer Service

Came to my home to fix a leak in washing machine. Fixed some stuff and said if it leaks again I need a new outer drum for $900. Sure enough, do laundry and it leaks again. Call them to complain and never get a call back unless I book for a new outer drum.
Call the actual appliance company, and technician says I have a leak in the seal and they show me the hole. Fix that and everything is fine.
Asking Appliance Repair Man for money back and have proof their technician was wrong. Nobody will talk to me there.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Overpriced Stay Away - Buyer Beware

We found out after they made their service call that our dryer was under an extended warranty. We cancelled the part they ordered but the charged us $ 280.00 for one hour in our home and provided no credit back for the non supply of service. Stay away from these guys totally dishonest.

Alan Smith, Toronto
Alan Smith, Toronto

Bad and, I believe, dihonest. DO NOT USE THEM!

Their ad implies that they are Samsung specialists. I contacted Samsung - they are not accredited and they do not know them. They sent a repairman who had such bad body odor we could not stay in the same room (it took a few days to clear the smell from the room!). He charged for "services" which we are told (by an accredited Smasung repair company) are meaningless ($280) He also charged for a replacement part
that had nothing to do with the issue. The company could provide no proof of this replacement ($160). When I tried to get information from them which would help me in taking the matter to Small Claims Court they refused to provide it - in fact, they would provide no information at all in writing (email) and insisted that we only communicate by 'phone.
I wanted this information in writing so that I could pursue my claim. This has gone on for 6 weeks or so. The problems with the machine which were supposed to have been repaired were NOT repaired. The accredited repairman informed me that this company is not reputable and that they are well-known for this in the industry.
I will be taking them to court as soon as I get a full report from the Samsung Accredited Repair company.

Sharon
Sharon

Incompetent technician and untrustworthy company

Igor, the technician, came to my home to repair my fridge. Within 5 seconds he quickly determined that the problem was with the starter and that it needed to be replaced. He charged me $167 for a starter that I later found out cost $25 on Amazon. He installed the new starter and told me to wait 6 or 7 hours and the fridge would get cold. This never happened. After several calls to the company, I finally got Igor back to explain why the fridge was not working. He said that now the problem was with the compressor which makes absolutely no sense since the fridge was just sitting unplugged for less than a week. This company promises to return your call but never does. To date, I am still waiting for a phone call from them. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. STAY AWAY FROM IGOR.

Francis
Francis

Stay Away! Absolutely Incompetent! Caused Damage to my Kitchen!

Jerome the repairman came to our house to look at our dishwasher and clearly didn't know what he was doing. They told me it would cost $85 to come to the house then after a few minutes told me it would cost $320 to "run the diagnostics" on three different components. This felt like a bait and switch but I agreed as I wanted to get it repaired. Then I was told after he removed the components that the valve was broken and the circulating pump as well. The pump needed to be ordered so I agreed. They came back and said the new pump was broken. They did not replace the parts but left it unfinished and shut off the valve under the sink. Even though it was clear the shut-off valve was leaking they didn't replace the components but instead just left a rag -clearly he saw the leak. Then he closed it all up and left. A day or two later the hardwood floor in our kitchen buckled and we found a pool of water under the dishwasher. We called over and over asking someone to come out and got the run around. The supervisor Tony (who seemed like a good guy) admitted that it was their fault and indicated we needed a plumber to repair the leak. He did not reinstall the components to protect against the leak but with a big bowl under it we were OK until we could get a plumber. Our floor was completely fine before they came and now is ruined (hardwood buckled all around it) and they refuse to do anything to compensate us. The only offer they had was to repair the dishwasher without charging us. Thanks very much we save $300 on installation and we have $5,000+ in damage to our floor. Our only recourse is to sue them. Apparently they have a whole department set-up to deal with these issues - that says a lot in itself. There are reviews all over the internet on these guys and I have been told by other repairmen we have contacted that they will not service work after Appliance Repairman have been involved because they have a history of using faulty parts. I'm kicking myself for not checking it out with HomeStars before. It shows the benefit of this website which I have used to great success before. Absolutely disgusting that we can be treated this way. My wife found a 2014 article in the Toronto Star on them and they are still doing the same thing. I hope CityTv can track them down. No one should ever use them. They should be shut down. BBB rated them an "F". I feel very foolish for ever hiring them. Disaster!!!!!!

Gwen
Gwen
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Dryer repair

Big mistake. No better than my husbands effort to repair it. Wasted my money. Lesson learned. Never again. The technician arrived in a regular car, no parts if necessary or a shop vac. Was using my vacuum. Who shows up without parts or a shop vac for the kind of job that it is.

Rob Love from North York
Rob Love from North York

Terrible company who will try to wring as much money out of you as possible without actually solving your problem

They are the worst. Charged me over $300 for a repair with a 30 day warranty. When I called a couple weeks later after seeing an error code related to the part they serviced they said it would be another $300 WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THE ERROR WAS. They agreed to send someone to take a look first, and then cancelled that appt the day of for no reason. When I tried to get it booked they wanted to charge me upfront. Also if they put you on hold for more than 3 minutes you will get automatically hung up on. They know about this and talk about how awful it is but STILL DID IT TO ME 5 F*ing times. Don't work with them, they do not care about you and its not worth the aggravation.

kathleen henderson in Toronto
kathleen henderson in Toronto

Inflated Repair Fees - Repair NOT Done - Lousy Customer Service - Questionable Integrity

Beware of this unscrupulous company. I was visited by a con artist technician with no integrity on Friday Jan 4, 2019. My 12 year old front loading washing machine presented with a loud clunking sound at the final spin cycle. Nicholas diagnosed the problem as a broken drum. His list of repairs totalling $361.60 showed a rotation system service, motor service (the motor worked fine..??) and a drive/bearing service, on the invoice. None of which he actually performed. When he was done playing around with my machine, pulling it out and pretending like he was fixing it (as I now know), he told me he tested the washer and it was working fine. As soon as he left I tested it myself and the problem was even worse. The sound was louder and I could now hear something metallic and loose rolling around with the spinning as well.
At the same time as his diagnosis he said that if the issue returns I must replace the rear drum and bearing: $528.64 + HST. He wrote this on the invoice and asked me to sign. This is where I became suspicious and had a strong feeling I was being hoodwinked. He was setting me up in the hopes of getting the second more expensive repair from me. Somehow my signing solidified his hopes of being able to come back a second time to rip me off.
I called the company immediately after I ran my test cycle, asking that they send back a more experienced technician to actually fix the problem and was told that I was speaking to dispatch and there was nothing they could do. Someone would call me Monday or Tuesday next week. No one ever called.
On the following Monday I had a reputable technician come in to have a look at the washer. I wish I had called him first but I couldn’t remember his name then I Iater came across a fridge magnet with his number on it. He had repaired my previous washing machine. He is an honest and experienced sole proprietor.
He said the drum was broken – and showed me the exact spot. He said that you can’t fix this. He advised against a new drum because of the high cost and who knows what else may be broken once you remove it – the machine being older. Best to buy a new one. I asked him if the Appliance Repairman tech was untruthful and he said yes, I had been taken.
Was the Appliance Repairman technician (Nicholas) incompetent or taking advantage of a single, senior citizen woman? Draw your own conclusions.
Something else questionable on the invoice is this clause:
“I acknowledge that the appliance and its surroundings have been left in good condition and have not been damaged by an appliance repair technician.”
Why would you have to include this unless you have had technicians being accused of such?
Recap: I paid $361.60 and took a half vacation day off work to have my machine looked at and NOT repaired plus $40 for a decent service person to advise me I need a new machine. I acknowledged I would have to pay Appliance Repairman an additional $528.64 if the problem persists. Don't trust them.

Out almost $1,000! Do not use this company

I wish I had read these reviews before I called them. My ice maker in the freezer was not working. They sent someone to the house to “replace it”. Nice guy but almost 1,000 later it was not working. The tech came back and told me the water line was disconnected. It was obvious he broke it and at the end of the prior visit left it running behind the fridge. On day he came back he basically ran out the door saying he did not break it and I needed to have the connection fixed. I had the connection fixed only to now have the water leaking fully into the freezer and out onto the floor. They will not come back to fix it making an excuse that the line doesn’t work because the water pressure changes. How on earth could the water pressure have changed. Just nonsense. They obviously think I am an idoit. Will engage a lawyer to get our money back.

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?