Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Cathy in NW Oshawa
Cathy in NW Oshawa

Out $300 and still have a broken fridge

I recently booked a service call with this company to fix the ice maker and water dispenser in my Kenmore fridge in the condo I just bought. They charged me over $300 for the repairs, but then told me after I agreed to pay this that there would be additional costs of $400. They look honest, reputable and professional on their webpage, but I've just learned the BBB reports frequent similar complaints, and had I done my due diligence and done better research I wouldn't be out $300 and still have a broken fridge. Learn from my mistake and avoid this company at all costs!

Icemaker Repair

Had this company repair my ice maker in Fridge when we bought new house. Replaced a $500 motor and now it is doing the exact same thing and they say only 30 day warranty which is absurd for a complete motor replacement. Do not use this company!

Gord in Scarborough in
Gord in Scarborough in

Repair a Refrigerator

Please do not hire this company. I read reviews for this company when I Googled refrigerator repairs and they were good. I didn't read HomeStars reviews though. I had my fridge fixed on May 6/19. The repairman quoted me a price but I didn't realize the parts were not included. He told me that it would last another 5 years and I had a 6-month warranty. It broke down on July 17/19 (after only 72 days) and I called them and of course they never called back. I called back July 18/19 and said I only had a 30-day warranty. They offered to come back out for a $50 service call and a "discount" on labour and parts. This is very dishonest and I will be reporting them to other media sources.

Max in Ottawa
Max in Ottawa

They are dishonest company. Beware

This is a dishonest company.

DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU 250+ dollars and never FIX ANYTHING.

CONSUMERS BEWARE AND NEVER USE THEM.

THEY SAY 30 DAYS WARRANTY AND THAT ALL SHAM ASWELL

Stevie in Toronto
Stevie in Toronto

beware of appliance "tune up" stand up freezer

Tech came over April 14th to look at warm standing freezer - he thought it would be worth spending $316.40 and it should fix it. He never left a bill or quote if we needed a compressor repair in future. I've contacted him several times and he tells me head office should have contacted me for a "free" follow up appt. I emailed May 31, they apologized and said I would be contacted immediately....no contact until I called today...they made a generous offer of $1000 less $200 for compressor.....about the cost of a new freezer....I would give 0 stars if possible...I feel like I was duped

built-in oven

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Our oven broke April 24 - serviceman came and said we needed a new part which would take about a week - several weeks went by - customer service were not helpful, they really do not care - the only thing they are good at is saying "i'm sorry". Finally in June - after many excuses and delays I demanded my money back. Money which they had for almost two months. They gave me only about one-half of the money I paid them (even though they said they were only deducting $80.00 off for the first service call). We had two service calls, which resulted in still having an oven which did not work and they charge us almost $200.00 for each service call.

Al in Toronto
Al in Toronto

Beware: Technician Apparently Completely Unqualified: Huge $$$ and appliance still not fixed

Technician, Jerome, came out in answer to our call for service for our fridge that was leaking water. He opened up the freezer section, saw the ice build up and told me it would cost approximately $360. to fix the problem. He subsequently told me the main board was faulty and that the cost would be 3 times that. No warranty on the supposed factory part, money paid by debit, and the problem is not fixed. If anyone has a description of the Jerome who did shoddy work for them, please post it so we can beware.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

We believed from the advertising and our phone conversation with a company representative that the service call was $80.00. Before signing the contract we were mislead by the serviceman about the labour costs occurring when "the parts required were installed." After signing the contract for parts and repairs to be done in the future we were charged $280 plus tax ($316.39) for alleged "labour done on that day." No labour was done! We were there and witnessed what the serviceman did. He had no tools or parts and just speculated on what needed to be done and charged us the $316.39 for doing nothing. We cancelled the contract but still had to pay the inflated labour cost. Beware of this company.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Don't use this company!!!!!!

Our refrigerator broke on a Sunday morning. I found this company online and requested and appointment. 'Jerome' came a few hours later and inspected the fridge. He said it would most likely be the 'Main Board' but he couldn't tell for sure and needed an authorization to perform the work. After about 45 minutes he claimed he had done 'everything to make the refrigerator work again' and that the compressor was slow to start and if the refrigerator didn't return to a proper temperature within 24 hours (enough time for him to get away) the compressor would have to be replaced for $1300. We were told that they only accepted cash or debit and stupidly paid him. We called a proper repair man on Monday and he fixed the problem within 30 minutes by replacing a part that 'Jerome' said was working. The invoice that 'Jerome' wrote out in front of us had someone else's name and address (this was obviously intentional and I unfortunately noticed after he left). I then noticed that the refrigerator model number listed on the invoice was not even the same brand as ours. As HST was collected on the invoice, I'm not sure how this will square away with Canada Revenue Agency??? I called customer service the next day to inform them that the part that 'Jerome' said was working actually needed to be replaced so we essentially paid for nothing and I wanted a refund. I was told that we 'paid for the labour we received'. In retrospect, it's obvious that 'Jerome' knew very little about refrigerators and was incapable of fixing one. The conduct of this company is shameful. I will be making several formal complaints.

Wayne in Brampton
Wayne in Brampton
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Do yourself a favour and stay far away from this company

If I could give them a minus I would. Stay away from this company!! Wish I'd found this review website before I got involved with these short-term thinkers.
On my initial phone call I was told that if I proceeded with the quote (that their Technician was going to provide the next day during the service call), then the $80 service call fee would go towards the quote. If I decided to not proceed then I'd pay the $80. I thought that was fair and agreed.
Sam, "one of their most senior Technician" I was told later, assessed our equipment and handed me the quote stating that it would cost $316.40 + the cost of the parts to fix, and would be completed within a week. It was too steep a price for me so I agreed to pay the $80 that was initially agreed upon. He replied that I HAD to pay $316.40. I told him that that was not what was relayed to me the day before over the phone. He stated that he was not aware of what I was referring to. We went back and forth a couple times then I decided I'd just pay the $316.40 + the parts cost, as the equipment needed to be repaired within a week before a big event.
Long story short, not fixed within a week. Then after making five phone calls to them over the next three weeks with many promises and reassurances, I finally started proceedings with my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?