Fixitgary.Com

Reviews for Fixitgary.Com

Stephanie
Stephanie

Home repairs

I heard about Gary from previous homestars reviews. I needed some help with replacing a garage door lightbulb as well as some plumbing issues in my basement and some minor repairs on securing my kitchen cabinets. Gary was always polite and punctual. He responded to my calls right away and he would communicate via text messaging where he asked for photos of the work that I needed done. This ensured that he knew what the job was before hand so that he had the proper tools required and he knew the scope of the work. The work was done quite carefully and Gary always took the time to explain what he was doing and the most cost-efficient way to handle each job. I have called on Gary two more times to fix random things in the house, one of which was replacing a vanity light fixture in the bathroom. He is now my go-to repair man. He is honest, punctual and very knowledgeable and his prices are the best I have seen for a home handyman. He is always happy to help. If you need home repairs done in your home, please contact Gary. You will not be disappointed!

Thanks Stephanie, a very gracious review. Yes! I am always happy to help.

Syed Ahmed from Ajax
Syed Ahmed from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Various projects

I had Gary come by yesterday to work on a few projects I needed taken care of around the house; including replacing a basement laundry tub, installing two motion sensing lights on the exterior, replacing light fixtures in the kitchen, replacing the kitchen faucet, and getting the backyard fence gate fixed. Gary took care of everything exceptionally well, a true professional throughout the process. He also provided me with a very reasonable quote, and his work quality was excellent. I will definitely recommend Gary's services very highly to everyone. Thanks again Gary!

You are very welcome Syed. I am glad you are pleased with the work.

Adrian
Adrian

Furniture Assembly

Fantastic experience! Gary responded to emails in a punctual and professional manner, provided us with a competitive estimate, and showed up on time as promised. He was courteous and completed the work ahead of schedule in less time than quoted (so we ended up paying less than expected - a nice bonus). We are very happy with the work he completed and would definitely call Gary again!

Thank you Adrian - I'll be glad to be of assistance again anytime in the future.

A Hill from Toronto
A Hill from Toronto

Bathroom fixes and cat door installation

Gary did a great job installing a cat door, new bathroom faucet and a shelf as well as caulking a tub. He was well-prepared and very detailed oriented. He consulted with us as needed and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with everything. He did excellent work and I would highly recommend him based on our experience.

Glad you are pleased with the work, and thanks for your review !

Esther in Whitchurch-stouffville
Esther in Whitchurch-stouffville
1 review Pickering, ON

Gary fixed up other people's mistakes!

I don’t usually take the time to write reviews, but I will for Gary because he is that good.

Gary is everything that all previous reviewers have said… and more! Punctual, meticulous, courteous, professional, detail-oriented, honest and a problem solver. He also literally carries a mini “Home Depot” with him and seems to have every part and tool available with each service call. And if not, he buys them prior to the job by asking you the right questions or by doing a drop-in for an estimate.

I gave Gary a list of things to fix in my home, all things that were previously installed by someone else and now breaking down over time or due to incorrect installation. I assumed many of these items would be easy jobs, but I soon learned that there were many more underlying issues with each job, ie plumbing headaches, eroding wood countertops, unaligned closet door installation, list goes on and on!! But Gary is a problem solver and resolves every issue, one way or another. If he can’t he is honest enough to tell you he can’t.

For one job, he helped install door handles onto my Ikea closets by drilling holes into the doors. I was almost certain that he was going to have to vacuum up all the shavings that come from drilling through the wood doors, but Gary taped an envelope to the door directly underneath the handles which caught every single wood shaving. I’m sure not a single piece fell to the floor. Needless to say I was very impressed. This is the level of fore-thought and cleanliness that comes from hiring Gary.

He also readjusted my bill for some additional time for which he couldn’t estimate for and he helped me stay within my budget.

I will not be using my other so-called “handymen” any longer, ie my dad. lol

Thanks for all your help Gary.

Esther

Esther – Your review requires more than a simple ‘Thanks’. There are four rewards for doing this work. The ‘money’ is something I would make at any job, and is spent before I earn it. The ‘personal satisfaction’ occurs only while I look at the finished work, and speed on to the next task. I get the ‘Customer’s satisfaction’ while I am there, and through repeat work. The number one reward is a ‘great review’. A great review creates new opportunities and customers for me, which in my opinion carries more weight than any of the other three rewards. I am both humbled by your praise…and nervous about future performance expectations :-) Many Thanks.

Savi Gossai from Toronto
Savi Gossai from Toronto

Install TV wall mount, Assemble wood bed, Hang paintings, Install shelf in bathroom

Once again Gary did a great job! Last year when I was preparing my home for sale, Gary did an excellent paint job and finishing touches, which helped me to sell my home in record time. He has a variety of skills and excellent work ethics. He's friendly and easy to work with. I'm very happy with the work he completed in my new Condo. I will ask Gary to do some more work for me soon.

Thanks again for the work Savi. I find an increasing percentage of my work is coming from repeat customers like yourself. This is great, and one day I may have to stop advertising !

steph_nnie from Newmarket
steph_nnie from Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Faucet installation and Drain re-work

I want to write a review for Gary who installed our kitchen faucet and re-worked the drain pipes under the sink converting it from a double drain to a single drain.

His work started before his visit where he asked good questions about the current state of the site and help him prepare for the job. In return he provided good background and information for the work that was going to be completed. We exchanged texts/emails to which he responded in a timely fashion. The quote he sent over was consistent with what we had discussed over the phone.

He arrived on time the day of the appointment and upon completion of the job - left the site cleaner than he had found it. As many previous commenters below, he is timely, courteous and thorough. For those wondering his price was more than fair compared to other quotes I received. I would gladly recommend Gary to any friends or family who requires his services.

Whoa - 10/10 for that review Steph! Appreciate the time and effort you took.

Kimbohemian from Whitchurch-stouffville
Kimbohemian from Whitchurch-stouffville
1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen faucet repair, Drywall repair, misc. consultation

Gary turned out to be a very conscientious, tidy and personable guy who did a great job, while showing the utmost respect for me and my house. His pricing was very reasonable. Perhaps what impressed me as much about the work he did, was what he didn't do. — He was very honest about any work that he didn't feel he could do to the standard that it should be done, and was more than willing to offer referrals for those types of specialists. I will definitely call FixitGary again, and in fact I am starting the list for him now!

Thanks so much Kim - looking forward to the next list, and Bosco's help!

Katherine from Vaughan
Katherine from Vaughan

Stair case and door shoe trim

We hired Gary to remove old quarter round and replace with shoe trim around our stair case and doors. Gary responded and provided a detailed quote based on the work. Gary showed up right on time and completed the work which exceeded our expectations. Gary Is very detail oriented and his cuts were spot on. Gary cleaned up the old trim and nails as he went along and vacuumed as he completed each section. We are very happy with the work and would recommend for any project. Thank you Gary.

Katherine, I have to laugh when I meet someone who is almost (more?) as picky as I am about vacuuming after (and during) the job. We're almost in competition! Also appreciate you noticing my methods, as there's nothing worse than pulling the paper off a newly stained floor/staircase to find a nail and scratch - hope I got it all !!
Thanks again.

Gigi
Gigi

Caulking

I decided to use Gary's services after reading many positive reviews about his work. I asked Gary to caulk around my bathtub. Gary had good workmanship and lived up to his good reputation. He was very punctual, pleasant, organized, and clean. Gary's fee was fair for the work that was completed. Thanks for all your hard work.

You're welcome Gigi. Appreciate the follow up with this kind review, as you mentioned doing so.

More about Fixitgary.Com

Fixitgary.com is a member of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals, and provides residential services such as: Furniture Assembly, TV Wall Mounting, Light Carpentry and trimwork, Minor Electrical and Plumbing, Fixtures, Shelf Installation, Kitchen and Bath caulking, Drywall repairs, Replace Screens, Replace Filters and Batteries, Hang mirrors and pictures, and lots of other items on your To-Do list.

Fixitgary.com offers quality Handyman Service in Markham, North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby.