Chestnut Flooring

8601 Jane Street, Unit #1 Concord ON L4K 5N9
HomeStars  >  Floor Retailers in Burlington  >  Chestnut Flooring

Reviews for Chestnut Flooring

Gloria in Toronto

I would love to thank the staff of Chestnut Flooring for helping me choose and amazing floor for my second level of my house. The customer service was amazing and his price beat all the other stores I went to.

The product arrived on time and was delivered to my house as promised.

Thanks again and I would be happy to refer them to all my friends and family.

I had decided to change the carpet in my bedroom and put in hardwood as the carpets were a old. I was not sure what type of wood I should use so I blindly went around shopping for the proper one. I went to several stores but was satisfy with the selection. A friend recommend that I go visit the showroom at Chestnut Flooring. I was overwhelmed by the many samples and choices that they had but Nemo, the owner took the time to go thru them and explained the pros and cons. I ended up choosing a beautiful floor. The floor was installed in my house and I could not be happier...it is beautiful. I get so much compliments from friends and family.

Thanks to Chestnut Flooring for making this easy for me and providing me with a wonderful services and products.

I have and would highly recommend Chestnut Flooring to all my friends and family.

Claudette  in Concord

My boyfriend and I are building a house in Jamaica and thought that we would purchase the flooring here in Canada as it is cheaper to do so. We went to a lot of flooring companies but was not satisfied.
We decided to search online and came up in Chestnut Flooring's website and decided to go check it out. We explained to the owner Nemo, what we wanted and he took the time to explain what our options were. He was very patient with us and explaine the benefits of each type of floor.

We felt very comfortable talking with him. His prices we found to be also be very competitive. The showroom was clean, bright and had hundreds of floors to choose from and after about 1 hour we found the floor we needes. We placed the order for the flooring and within 5 days our product arrives as Nemo had promised.

We sent the flooring to our contractor in Jamaica for him to install it. We just came back from visiting and waa amazed and pleased aa to how beautiful the floor looked.

I am ao happy with the services we received from the Chestnut Flooring and would recommend them to any friends or family members as because of them I have some beautiful floors in my house

We came to this store because of positive reviews on Homestars originally. We needed hardwood floors and vanities for our custom built home. We couldn't get in touch with our contractor to approve the purchase, but Nemo had instructed us (and written on the invoice) that as long as the product had not shipped, a full refund was promised. Our contractor had not approved the flooring in the end and the refund took an extended amount of time with phone calls every day and excuses why Nemo could not come to the phone. I have never heard of a person who went on so many vacations and had so many family emergencies. Finally after threatening to report them to Visa, we got a cheque. We ended up keeping some flooring for our basement, and I gave them a 2 because the quality of that flooring was great. We are very happy with it. When it came time to get finishing pieces for the flooring that we kept, it also took weeks and many ignored calls and emails. Please beware.

Dear Mitch & Michelle,
Thank you very much for writing a review. This is very important for us so we can fix our weaknesses when it comes to customer service.
When you purchases your floor I did told you guys that as long as material is still in our ware house you can cancell it but it took you guys 4 months to decide that you dont need imthe flooring and after 4 months you canceleles it and We still gave you fullbrefund with out any desuction.
We gave you lots of discounts on the laminate floor and vanities because of the hard wood flooring ghat you purchased and although the wood was cancelled you still got the discounts.
We gave you a bank draft as per your request to make you feel better although refunds are done exact same way that you pay for your purchase!

Because of the latge amount bank had to confirm it with you guys and you werent available and not returning the calls thats why the bank wouldnt release the refunds to you.

As for Transitions one was instock and one was out if stock whick became available one week after. We contacted you guys few times before you picked them up ( many phone calles and emails sent!)

You guys still owe us money for the transitions that you took with out paying for them.
When you wanted to pick them up two weeks ago you said your wife will call in to pay for them and we released them to you as good faith and yet we are still waiting for the payments.
We made few attempts by sending emailes and makeing phone called but you are not returning them.
You may have financial problems ordifficulties to pay your bills and I dont mind helping people that are in needs of finacial assistant as long as they be honest up front and ask for it.
Please try to make paymeny as soon as possible and please next time write down your name so it would be easy to find out who wrote the review in order to address your concerns!
Nemo

Adela in Toronto

We've looked for high quality and very specific hardwood floors for a while until we found chestnut flooring. We've got a quote and the floors were custom ordered in which we received within few weeks. We thought about hiring an independent contractor to do the flooring installation but chestnut flooring offered to do the installation instead, and the guys were extremely professional and fast. I will further recommend chestnut flooring to other potential customers.

ramin

CONSUMER BEWARE
- GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING: Paying the final balance the owner claimed to have missed charging for something and was surprised that I have kept and brought along a copy of his own estimate with his own hand writing.
- HAVE A WITNESS: If you’re negotiating bring a friend as a witness or risk divergence by Chestnut Flooring if and when problems arise. (Read review bellow regarding the under-layer, agreeing to use the same under-layer initially and denying it later when he could not find a proper glue)
- BEWARE OF FRIENDLY OFFERS: Do not accept friendly offers of getting at least one item or service from another source in order to save. They use this excuse to void their warranty in case a problem arises. (Read review bellow under “A LOATHSOME OFFER“)
- DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE: Expect your phone calls to be ignored; delayed and rushed service especially if you’re a small customer of Chestnut Flooring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
WRONG TIME ESTIMATE:
On Feb 2015 we were introduces to Chestnut flooring by a friend. I brought a cut piece of my old flooring to the owner Nemo during initial consultation to estimate the time needed for removal and installation. He also came to my condo to inspect the old flooring and measure the area.
His time estimate: 2 days for removal & 2 days for installation. Actual time took: 2 weeks.
It is impossible to remove a glued down floor of a 700sqft area in 2 days if a typical 2 men crew were assigned to the task. Since the estimate was way off and it took much longer than expected and the fact that he lined up contracts one after the other with not even a day gap in between in case of delays, he called me in the middle of my contract asking if he can send his installers to another place for 2 days because he promised the same to the other customer.

ILL-EQUIPPED INSTALLERS:
The installers tried their best and worked hard to remove the old flooring but they were ill-equipped and the owner felt no obligation to provide them with necessities because they are not Chestnut flooring employees, rather general contractors working for the company according to what the installers have mentioned.

A LOATHSOME OFFER
The under-layer requirement of our condo is to have a material other than cork with an IIC of 70 or greater. I requested the same from the owner Nemo. In the first meeting he could not find his own sample of such material which he found on the subsequent meeting. He called the underlayment company acquiring the price; next he called me and offered me to buy it directly from them saying that I could save a lot by doing so.
On April 06, 2015 right in the middle of installation the owner called stating that he cannot warrant his work because he cannot find proper glue for this under-layer that in his word “YOU BOUGHT” and the fact that I took his offer to purchase the under-layer myself is an excuse for him to void his warranty. It is the obligation of any professional and honest firm to be upfront with all the necessary information especially those which somehow affect the warranty, workmanship, quality or insurance. By withholding this information (that he could not find proper glue) till mid-work and the fact that no other company was willing to pick up his half done job, he is violating the consumer protection act generally stating that a consumer has the right to choose unconditionally.
Having had known that he could not find a proper glue in the initial consultation, I would have chosen another company who could; in fact, 3 of the previous companies that I have researched before carried the same under-layer and were willing to use it. Despite his argument, the very fact that he agreed to install the under-layer will not in reality void the warranty.

IMPROPER INSTALLATION
A week after the completion of the job, I’ve noticed gaps starting to appear between planks in more than 20 places, mostly around the area where the installers were rushed to finish the job on the last day.
Yet another misconduct was his miscommunication with his contractors to install the bedroom planks flush to the door railing. To amend, he ordered his contractors to install T-Moldings in order to hide the uneven ends and accepted to cover the cost himself. Even further errors were made upon installation of T-moldings by using two totally different types of material that does not match neither in color nor thickness. (Please refer to photos attached)

IMPROPER CONDUCT
I followed up with them for over 7 months to arrange a time in order to fix the gaps and the T-Molding and was purposely delayed using different excuses every time. On my final conversation with the owner on November 11, 2015 I insisted on a set date for them to correct their mistakes. The owner implied that he has no obligation to the matter, adding that nowhere is stated that the two adjacent T-Molding pieces of has to be the same.

CONCLUSION
I’ve learned dealing with Chestnut flooring that you should listen to cues. There were three cues that initially indicated, despite recommendations, that Chestnut flooring is not a professional company to deal with.
1- When on the initial meeting the owner Nemo insisted to only sell the hardwood and letting us to find our own installers saying “we really do not need more headaches” which I thought was odd because the other three companies that I’ve talked to prior to choosing Chestnut Flooring insisted on getting the installation from them.
2- When his time assessment was so far off that even surprized his own installers.
3- When on average it took over 5 phone calls for him to return your call.

Currently I have gaps on more than 70% of the area and two spots are showing signs of warping. On a personal note, I’m interested to inform others of my experience with Chestnut Flooring and help others to make a wise decision on a quite a costly investment. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Ramin

We are very sorry that feel this way. We are commited to provide the best service to our client.
Unfortunately in this case we wanted to make sure that we do it the best possible way but sue to the fact that the underlay was purchased by yourself and its was the wrong material and wrong thichness it was brought to your attention that we wouldnt recommaand installing it under your floor. Also you were told that none of the glue companies are giving warranty on theie glue becuse of the type abd the thickness of the underlay but you insisted that to be done. We mentioned that there wont be any warranty on the labour as the pad is not the right material and thickness but you insisted that nothing would go wrong.
We new this but since you insisted so much the job was done with no warranty on the installation!
Im really sorry to see this but as i mentioned there was no wrranty and tou took responsibility for it.
We also did lots of extras that you werent charged for it.
We mentioned that if removing existing floor takes longer and grinding needed we will chrge accordingly and you agreed but we never charged you for it. You saw how hard the installers worked and removing the exixsting floor was so hard due to the glue that was used before and all the installers ended up getting blisters on their hand but not a single penny was charged extra!
In regards to the moulding and shade of it its a known fact that pieces of wood take the stain differwntly and aometimes colours are abit different from piece to piece. Originally you paid for some moulding and then you devided to hve more and we never charged you for them as well.

Nemo

Best experience I have ever had! Nemo and his staff explained every little detail to me and made sure I was well informed before I made a decision. Workers showed up on time were clean and respectful. I would definitely recommend them.

1 review Bowmanville, ON

Since my negative review last week, Nemo (the Owner) reached out to me to apologize and try and explain what had gone wrong. My salesperson was making promises and deals that he could not deliver. That person is no longer employed there. Nemo went over and above making this right for me. He has a really nice showroom, lots of choice. John in the back was great too!! Will return for sure! Very poor customer service. Was in showroom, was told to check measurements and call in to place order, which I did and was told an incorrect price that they would not honour so I went ahead anyway and then drove 50 minutes to pick up promised hardwood and nosing that was to be ready last week and found out no nosing and could not get it for at least 10 days. I was told they could rush it in 24hrs a week ago. Manager really didn't care, offered me a refund and no apologies at all.

Review has 2 previous versions
3 reviews Flesherton, ON

Mix up with the vanity, but Nemo explained the fault was with the distributor, I am very satisfied with the vanity I did get from Chestnut flooring. thank you again

Review has 1 previous version
Greg Burgoon from Toronto

Nemo provided unbelievable service and guidance. From the moment I stepped into his store, to the moment I stepped onto my new floor, the service was spectacular. John, their demolition/leveling guy, also provided exceptional service.

There were some hiccups with my condo/noise complaints, and John and Nemo figured out a solution, and still got the job done on time.

I will definitely be recommending them to anyone I know that is doing flooring in the future.

More about Chestnut Flooring

Chestnut Flooring is a family owned and operated Company, specialized in Hardwood, Laminate, Carpet, Tile & Vinyl.
With over Sixteen years of experience satisfying home owners, designers, contractors & builders, we would welcome the opportunity to help you with your floor covering needs.
We have wide varieties of flooring for your needs & budget.
At Chestnut Flooring, we pride ourselves on our customer service and commitment to make your flooring experience the most enjoyable one, Whether you are looking for new flooring or a repairing the existing floor in your residential or commercial property, we will do our best to find the most suitable option for your particular needs and budget and not to be undersold.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office and one of our knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you with your needs.

Please visit our showroom for your unexceptional experience.

Find us online: