The Urban Painter

707-737 13 Avenue Southwest Calgary AB T2R 1J1

Reviews for The Urban Painter

Sheri
Sheri

Kitchen Cabinet repainting not a long term solution

Had my kitchen cabinets repainted with ScuffX product. Had to have them retouched before 1 year under warranty. Shortly after 1 year more wearing of finish. Now 18 months and all the high touch cabinets have paint wearing off. I expected them to hold up much longer than this. I guess that's why they are only warrantied for 1 year. Originally looked great but this paint does not stand up to everyday use. Too bad. They looked nice at first.

Trent in Airdrie
Trent in Airdrie
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Full Exterior Paint - 2 story house

The Urban Painter did a great job on our house. They spent a lot of time on prep work and it showed. We were able to check and request touch ups, they were courteous and always making sure we were happy as the project proceeded.
They kept the place tidy as they were working and had extra features like a color designer to help you choose.
I would hire them again.

Mark in Calgary
Mark in Calgary

exterior painting

Dave, DJ, Ed and the whole crew did a fabulous job for us. They put us in touch with a carpenter who replaced some of our cedar siding. They painted the siding, brick and trim. They were very courteous and professional, responding to all our questions and concerns. The clean up was fantastic. A great experience overall.

Grif McDuf
Grif McDuf

Exterior Painting - 1950's Bungalow with original Stucco

The Urban Painter made our old and dated stucco look new again. The estimator was professional and provided suggestions and guidance that helped us save money. The job took about a half day to prep and two and a half days to complete. We had the same two employees on site throughout the job. The employees were friendly, polite, and very skilled in their trade.

The crew lead met with us throughout the project to confirm paint colours and expectations. They were painting on Thursday and Friday before a long weekend. At no point did it seem like they were rushing to get to the weekend. In fact, the crew lead actually came back on Saturday just to finish off a small portion of the job. He said he didn't want to leave it until Tuesday as the weather may turn. I thought this was extremely professional. Their attention to detail was impressive to the point of perfectionism.

This is a great company that is very well run that employs professional and skilled painters. I highly recommend them.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Amazing painting company!!

Everything from the first initial call back after I asked for a quote, to the final walk through and sign off with my crew leader, I had a great experience! The best things about the whole experience was the top notch communication and high quality of end product. Thank you The Urban Painter!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Kitchen cabinet revival

Urban Painter helped transform our dated and dark kitchen into a bright, warm and sophisticated space that we now love! From our first positive, professional and informative meeting with Adam, to the final on-time install of cabinet doors, working with Urban Painters has been a great experience. The end result was better than we imagined - our cabinets look factory-finished and the quality of their work is evident in every detail! We have already recommended them to friends and co-workers -- many thanks to the entire crew.

Glenn in Toronto
Glenn in Toronto

Repainted kitchen cabinets

Prompt response for estimate. Very competitive pricing. Very congenial workpersons. Strong work ethic and very good customer service. Off site painting required a few touch ups / repainting, but workman was very accommodating and apologetic. Recommend to others most definitely.

C Murray in Calgary
C Murray in Calgary

Professional service and top notch paint job!

I hired Urban Painter to repaint certain of the walls in my home that were showing the wear and tear of having two preteen boys in the house. The painters were delightful to deal with. The paint job looks amazing and the price was reasonable.

Naomi in San Francisco
Naomi in San Francisco
2 reviews Bragg Creek, AB

Extensive painting, interior and exterior

Update: The owner of the company got in contact with me and was very attentive and able to work the situation out to satisfaction. I appreciate that the company itself appears to be run by individuals who care about about a job well done. I originally gave this 5 stars but decided to change it.

Initially the Urban Painter seemed like a good company to work with but as our project was underway it was more and more difficult to ever get anyone to follow-up or call back. Perhaps they were just short-staffed and not set up to do a large project, but I was dissatisfied by the end.
1. They had the best quote for the exterior, but it turned out they had quoted it wrong and it cost an extra $2,000 for scaffolding that they hadn't accounted for, which made them more expensive from some of the other good exterior quotes I had gotten.
2. They missed an entire room on the interior, but unfortunately I didn't realize it until I had made the final payment. Of course, no response when I tried to contact them about it. I had to pay another company to paint it.
3. The painting team was friendly, but they did not put any caution tape or protection around the scaffolding (even though they knew there were several small children who lived at the site) and left it up over a weekend. It collapsed and sent two small children to the emergency room, due to their incompetence regarding safety.

So overall, if you have a small project and can supervise it carefully, they may be a good company. Their painting quality was fine but overall working with the company and Gabe was a negative experience. Even with a project of $40,000+ and they couldn't bother to return a call and email about the room they has missed, shows they are the kind of company that disappears once they've been paid. So just be sure not to pay in full until you have carefully inspected everything and be aware they will try to charge you for extra things along the way.

Review has 1 previous version
ChrisYau in Calgary
ChrisYau in Calgary

Home Exterior Stain and Interior Garage Painting

I hired The Urban Painter this past summer to stain the exterior of my house and deck, and paint the interior of the garage.  It was a sizeable job that took multiple workers over a week and a half to complete.  The work was booked three weeks in advance, and the foreman came to my house to meet me three days prior to the scheduled start date to plan and discuss the job in more detail.  I was able to meet with the lead painter every two days or so to get progress reports and discuss any issues that had arisen.  I also kept in contact via text, and they were quick to respond to any questions I had.  The painters worked very efficiently, kept the job site very clean, and did a thorough job.  Upon completion, I completed a final walkthrough with the lead painter, and it was obvious that his main objective was to ensure that I was completely satisfied.

In the end, I did have some issues with the final invoice as it was a moving target with some changes and additions, but this is where The Urban Painter surpassed my expectations.  After a discussion with one of the owners of the company, I was able to settle the discrepancies without any friction.  It was at this point that I knew that The Urban Painter is run by owners that are honest and have a lot of integrity.  It's always an unknown as to whether you can trust a company to do what it says it will.  With this company, I have no doubt.  I have since asked them to perform two more jobs for me in the coming weeks.

Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Contractors pros in Calgary?