The Urban Painter

Reviews for The Urban Painter

Glenn in Toronto
Glenn in Toronto

Repainted kitchen cabinets

Prompt response for estimate. Very competitive pricing. Very congenial workpersons. Strong work ethic and very good customer service. Off site painting required a few touch ups / repainting, but workman was very accommodating and apologetic. Recommend to others most definitely.

C Murray in Calgary
C Murray in Calgary

Professional service and top notch paint job!

The Urban Painter
403-774-1424
707-737 13 Avenue Southwest
Calgary
AB
T2R 1J1

I hired Urban Painter to repaint certain of the walls in my home that were showing the wear and tear of having two preteen boys in the house. The painters were delightful to deal with. The paint job looks amazing and the price was reasonable.

Naomi in San Francisco
Naomi in San Francisco
2 reviews Bragg Creek, AB

Extensive painting, interior and exterior

Update: The owner of the company got in contact with me and was very attentive and able to work the situation out to satisfaction. I appreciate that the company itself appears to be run by individuals who care about about a job well done. I originally gave this 5 stars but decided to change it.

Initially the Urban Painter seemed like a good company to work with but as our project was underway it was more and more difficult to ever get anyone to follow-up or call back. Perhaps they were just short-staffed and not set up to do a large project, but I was dissatisfied by the end.
1. They had the best quote for the exterior, but it turned out they had quoted it wrong and it cost an extra $2,000 for scaffolding that they hadn't accounted for, which made them more expensive from some of the other good exterior quotes I had gotten.
2. They missed an entire room on the interior, but unfortunately I didn't realize it until I had made the final payment. Of course, no response when I tried to contact them about it. I had to pay another company to paint it.
3. The painting team was friendly, but they did not put any caution tape or protection around the scaffolding (even though they knew there were several small children who lived at the site) and left it up over a weekend. It collapsed and sent two small children to the emergency room, due to their incompetence regarding safety.

So overall, if you have a small project and can supervise it carefully, they may be a good company. Their painting quality was fine but overall working with the company and Gabe was a negative experience. Even with a project of $40,000+ and they couldn't bother to return a call and email about the room they has missed, shows they are the kind of company that disappears once they've been paid. So just be sure not to pay in full until you have carefully inspected everything and be aware they will try to charge you for extra things along the way.

Review has 1 previous version
ChrisYau in Calgary
ChrisYau in Calgary

Home Exterior Stain and Interior Garage Painting

I hired The Urban Painter this past summer to stain the exterior of my house and deck, and paint the interior of the garage.  It was a sizeable job that took multiple workers over a week and a half to complete.  The work was booked three weeks in advance, and the foreman came to my house to meet me three days prior to the scheduled start date to plan and discuss the job in more detail.  I was able to meet with the lead painter every two days or so to get progress reports and discuss any issues that had arisen.  I also kept in contact via text, and they were quick to respond to any questions I had.  The painters worked very efficiently, kept the job site very clean, and did a thorough job.  Upon completion, I completed a final walkthrough with the lead painter, and it was obvious that his main objective was to ensure that I was completely satisfied.

In the end, I did have some issues with the final invoice as it was a moving target with some changes and additions, but this is where The Urban Painter surpassed my expectations.  After a discussion with one of the owners of the company, I was able to settle the discrepancies without any friction.  It was at this point that I knew that The Urban Painter is run by owners that are honest and have a lot of integrity.  It's always an unknown as to whether you can trust a company to do what it says it will.  With this company, I have no doubt.  I have since asked them to perform two more jobs for me in the coming weeks.

Miriam in Calgary
Miriam in Calgary

House exterior

We got several estimates done on the cost of painting the exterior of our house and backyard deck. The Urban Painter did not come in with the lowest estimate, but they did come in with the most professional. They were the only paint company that actual called back once they sent an estimate to see if we had any questions or concerns. They were very generous with their time and we felt the most confident in proceeding with a contract with them over all the other companies. We were not disappointed. Urban Painters was professional from start to finish. They listened to all of our concerns, answered all our questions and delivered on a beautiful final product. Our house looks wonderful.

Private User reviews Okotoks, AB

Drywall and Ceiling Repair and Painting

In 2013, we had our entire house repiped and the process left several holes in drywall and ceilings. The painter from Urban Painter came in, repaired all of that damage as well as some previous water damage to a ceiling, and then he repainted all of the repaired surfaces. The work was completed on time, and the painter cleaned everything up to perfection. To this day, we can't see where the repairs were done. This company did their very best to work with our very restricted timetable, and the work was impeccable.

Real Canadian Electric Ltd in Calgary
Real Canadian Electric Ltd in Calgary

Basement Suite Remodel

We really enjoy working with the urban painter. They are very consistent and trustworthy. This is the 3rd time we have selected them for a project at our home. Cabinet that were old needed repaint and they sprayed them, and it turned out amazing. It like we got a whole new kitchen for a faction of the cost. They also covered and protected the floor and furniture really well with drop cloths and plastic, and even cleaned up the mess when they were finished working. They final invoice was the price we agreed and not a penny more. Great work to the guys at urban paint!

Private User reviews Vernon, BC

Great team

Big house getting ready for sale. Almost the entire upstairs, basement and garage. Sent enough painters to finish in good time. All did excellent work.

A fair number of repairs of nicks and imperfections are now almost invisible.

I would definitely use The Urban Painters again.

Naomi M in Calgary
Naomi M in Calgary

Efficient, detail oriented and on time paint project

We had The Urban Painter come in to repaint our cabinets, and the majority of our house, which included the trim, walls, and ceilings. The job was executed ahead of schedule, and the attention to detail was really nice. Our house is a heritage home, and as a result has a number of nooks and cranies. They were able to deal with these characteristics with ease. The quality of the job was high, and was a good trade off between value and quality. I would definitely recommend this company to friends and family.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Various jobs

I found Urban Painter a couple of years ago and had them completely strip and paint the front balcony of my house. They did a great job, so I had them back for an interior paint job before selling the same house this year.

Last month I needed to do an update to my rental condo once my tenant moved out. Jon came out to provide a quote and was a big help with my planning. He had an interior decorator help me with paint colours and connected me with an excellent contractor to do the reno work. The entire project was completed very smoothly, so I'll definitely get in touch when the next job comes up!

Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Contractors pros in Calgary?