Dan's Home Improvements

Reviews for Dan's Home Improvements

Louella Gibson in Brampton
Louella Gibson in Brampton

No involement with the Home Owner

I was never given a chance with the owner exactly what I wanted and had to work with his handyman. The end result the owner did not use good wood or spindles or did they use wood around the lower part of my deck WHICH IS WHAT I REALLY WANTED and ended up using the cheapest lattice instead and therefore the paint did not take to it at all. Very very disappointed with the job and very disappointed with what I was promised. I only wanted a good decent job - not the cheapest way to do something.

Just great, I was the best of all the other trades people I was told of before this 80 year old went to bingo or church. I sure didn't shirk her by price like them others. Certain lattice is hard to find and was the plan. Lathed pt spindles stock low. Check materials well.

Jim Gifford from Toronto from North York
Jim Gifford from Toronto from North York

Basement repair

Dan completed repairs to our basement after a leak: drywall repair, repainting, etc. He salvaged our custom baseboards and other woodwork so that the wall now looks virtually the same as it was. Courteous, punctual, reasonable, polite, patient. Came on New Year's Eve! Thanks Dan.

Thanks Jim. I was longing to come back and finish. After 6 months nothing changed except from the proofers so we had a good laugh.

Bob
Bob

Fence Repair

I had a wooden fence giveaway in the early spring and preferred to have it repaired rather than replaced. Other vendors were not ready to listen to what I wanted.

Dan did and did a wonderful repair on the fence.....better than new. He was prompt, courteous, provided excellent value and most importantly listened to my problem and devised a perfect solution.

I can’t say enough good things about Dan and will certainly use him again for other handyman projects.

Thanks Bob, Glad to strengthen that old fence with cemented posts above the ground. And the work ended just before the rains began.

Bathroom Toilet

Called Dan for the first time last week about leaky toilet. He was able to come out the same day and successfully repair the toilet. Called him back the following week to repair door handle and again was able to replace the part provided by the manufacturer. I will definitely call on him again for future projects. He is dependable and takes pride in his work. Thanks so much for your help Dan.

Thankyou too, little jobs work inbetween the preferred bigger ones.

Closet door replacement

Dan executed the project of replacing closet sliding doors with folding doors at short notice. He had to deal with problems of uneven floors and walls but took all this in his stride. I am pleased with the final outcome. Thanks Dan.

Thankyou, Bifolds can be a headache, obscuring the edges helped.

Mike
Mike

Drywall, Painting, Bathtub Faucet, Maintenance Repairs

I recently contacted Dan about doing some small renovations and fixing up around my house for an upcoming showing. I needed some drywall and a door put up in a basement room which was completely open from the previous owners. In addition, I had an erroded bathtub faucet which gave me a lot of concerns.

Needless to say, Dan got the job done! Upon meeting Dan, I felt he was very personable, professional and diligent. He took instructions well and his craftsmanship is fantastic! I look forward to working with Dan again in the future and highly recommend him to all my friends and family. Thank you Dan!

Great review, thanks for the ease of working in this home.

wan.m.sun
wan.m.sun

Drywall and pluming

Dan did a great job. And he finished the job in time. The price is very reasonable. I am so glad I contact him to do the job

Thanks Wan. Am glad to help.

Fran from Lakeview in Mississauga
Fran from Lakeview in Mississauga

Kitchen renovation

10/10. Your dedication and excellence in your workmanship deserve the best rating. Every thing you have done for my kitchen reno, such as the demolition, the pantry, the backsplash, the plumbing, the painting, and all the patchings, was done in a very professional and friendly manner. You are reliable and trustworthy. Your fees are very reasonable. It was a pleasure doing business with you and looking forward to future projects. I would recommend you with full confidence. God bless you!

Thankyou Fran, glad to work on your pristine house.

Laura
Laura

Front porch bin storage, drywall fixes & some electrical

Dan was such a pleasure to work with. He took my direction well and made it become a reality. Very quick to fit into his schedule as well. Amazing work!

Thankyou, You're an organized artist yourself, coming from where my children received equal attention in studies and values.

More about Dan's Home Improvements

Dan's Home Improvements focuses on small jobs, they have been working in the painting and handyman industry for over 40 years. Dan Postman offers interior and exterior painting, pressure washing, tiling, flooring, carpet cleaning, decks, fences, and complete home renovations. Contact me today to discuss your project!