Sychem Inc.

Duct Cleaning
HomeStars  >  Duct Cleaning in Vaughan  >  Sychem Inc.

Reviews for Sychem Inc.

HVAC

A bit slow and expensive...I was first in touch with them over 3 months ago and the issue still is not resolved. Its a long time to be without heat!

MichaelT  in Toronto
MichaelT in Toronto

Fixing Heat Pump

Sychem were quick to send someone out to check out our heat pump. The issue was partially resolved (clogged condenser line) but the technician didn't notice or forgot to check that the AC was functioning correctly with the thermostat. As a result we have AC but we have to manually regulate it until I can find time to replace the thermostat.

Verified Private User from Toronto
Verified Private User from Toronto

Building Maintenance

Sychem services all our suites in the building. They do the annual maintenance, vacuuming and filter change of the heat pumps. We recommend Sychem to the residents of the building if they have any issues. We deal with the owner, Talib, and he is knowledgeable and professional. He is always on quote and reasonable. I would recommend Sychem.

Jonathan from Toronto
Jonathan from Toronto

condo services

We use Sychem for all of our maintenance in the condo suites. They do our yearly maintenance of dryer duct cleaning, fan coil, and bathroom and kitchen cleaning. We recommend them to condo owners. to call them if they have any issues. We find them reasonably priced and on quote. We have never had any problems. They are on time and professional.

Disaster from the Start

I had an issue with the heat pump in my unit, and the building recommended Sychem. They came out to service the unit a week after I called, and showed up late for the appointment. They said it wasn't able to be fixed on site and that it had to be taken to ththe shop for diagnostics. This was on Friday, and I was told it would be diagnosed on Monday. I called to follow up on Monday and Tuesday - no one answered and I left voicemails both days. Finally on Wednesday I got through and was told that it would be nearly $1000 to replace the coolant and one damaged wire (3.2 times what I was quoted). Because it is winter and there is no time to get a second quote, I reluctantly have to proceed with them, but they will never receive my business again and I will never recommend a client to them. Everyone I dealt with was unprofessional, abrupt and completely detached from the situation.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review about Sychem Inc. We are extremely surprised to hear about these concerns, as we take customer service extremely serious. We would like to review the service you received to see where we can improve, but we are unable to locate you in our records. If there is any way to resolve this issue, please feel free to contact us at 905-660-1669, and hopefully we can move forward on great terms. Once again, we apologise for all the trouble.

Sue from Toronto
Sue from Toronto

Bathroom Toilet leak fixed!

I thought it would be a good idea to save some money and be a do-it-yourself-er but ended up with water spilled all over my bathroom floor and everytime I tried flushing the toilet on New Years Eve when I tried changing the fill valve. After I called a few different companies and received some quite varyed rates (all without actually looking at the problem itself) I called Sychem and the plumber gave me a call price that was the lowest of them all and actually came and looked and explained the problem to me without assuming what it was over the phone. He fixed it and replaced the faulty parts and it's been great ever since, highly recommend them!

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate it.

Heating Unit in Condo

Sychem was called for lack of heat in Condo unit and received prompt one-day service at reasonable cost. I would use this company again and recommend to others. Well Pleased!

Thank you for your review! We are glad to help.

paterson.kirk from Vaughan
paterson.kirk from Vaughan

HVAC Heat Pump

I totally feel ripped off from my experience back in 2013 with Sychem. I just had the same problem with another unit, I called another company who my building now uses after dumping Sychem, guy came the same day, explained how the heat pump works, what various problems do and fixed it (replaced the capacitor) within an hour. Sychem took days to arrive and took the heat pump off to the shop, told me it was a reverse valve (which causes a different problem). Then they told me they had to drain the freon/add freon and because my unit (2 years old at the time) used old freon that only a few suppliers still carry that stuff it so costs more, when in fact my units have the latest freon. Sychem charged me over $900 and took over a week, the other company $160!

Carmen R.
Carmen R.

Fixing the AC in my condo

Sychem's service was amazing! They were quick to schedule an appointment, the service technician was on time and very efficient. It was an excellent experience and I would highly recommend using Sychem to all of my friends.

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate it.

Alice from Toronto
Alice from Toronto

AC

This is my second time using Sychem. Extremely friendly and reliable back office and field service staff. Knowledgeable and no nonsense repair person got the job done right in no time. I've recommended and will continue to recommend Sychem to anyone who needs HVAC help!

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it.

More about Sychem Inc.

Founded in 1983, we are a family owned business that specializes in providing Professional HVAC solutions for Condominiums throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We take pride in our knowledge of the overall building systems. For over 25 Years our company has built a reputation for ethics and integrity in its ...