Foundations

Reviews for Rock Bottom Underpinning

Richard Gray in Toronto
Richard Gray in Toronto

Underpinning and basement

After evaluating three quotes, I finally zeroed on Khalsa Construction. I was referred Khalsa by one of my old friends. This work was in Lower Beach, Toronto, and was refused by two other construction companies as it was complicated and technical. Khalsa Construction also has Insurance cover, which helps just in case things go wrong. I strongly recommend Khalsa Construction to one and all for reliable work, timely completion, and value for money. You can rely upon JD Khalsa's word, and be rest assured he will deliver every word he promises. By Richard Gray

Great Crew

There are many things to commend Dion and his crew on - problem-solving, price, efficient process, on-time and on-budget. We had the basement underpinned, which is a dirty job, but the crew were as neat and clean as possible in the circumstances. They were professional, worked hard and did a good job. The reason that I did not give the company a 10/10 concerned the fact that Dion had promised to do some follow-on work for us and that he would be with us until the whole job was done. He got very busy and broke his promise, leaving us with no contractor to re-landscape a destroyed backyard at a busy time of year. He did find us someone to finish the job, but this added months on to the project and the other guy did a terrible job. Dion is very friendly and will talk about various aspects of the job in a way that makes you think certain things are included in his price, when in fact they are not (part of this was our fault for not clarifying). Bottom line - make sure that everything that you want done is clearly detailed in the contract and you should be fine.

A very complicated job indeed. Executed with perfection. A row house built in the 1880's, brick foundation walls and a 7' underpin. .... yes a 7' underpin all dugout by hand and ontime. I am so proud of the job we did there and what we accomplished. Rock Bottom Underpinning is a specialist in underpinning. We were asked to build a wooden landscaped fence and prepare an interlock patio in the rear. Initially I was going to go out of my way and beyond my scope to assist this great customer, however, when I realized the extent of the scope I decided it best to refer someone else for them. I did.When you underpin and excavate a basement there are always unknown factors which can cause additional costs. (Sewer not low enough, water line repositioning, massive bolders, etc.) All of these items are listed in my "cost of extra items" section of the contract. Overall these particular customers are fantastic customers, great people, and very appreciative of the job we did at there place. I am looking forward to stopping by this summer and having a glass of wine ..... thank you for the candid review... all the best with your new basement!!!!!

Alex from Toronto
Alex from Toronto

Underpinning

Dion and his crew completed our underpinning safely and on schedule. The price was competitive, Dion was responsive, and any small issues that came up along the way were dealt with professionally. We were very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rock Bottom.

RK in Toronto
RK in Toronto

Underpinning

I am a real estate agent + investor: I unexpectedly had a tenant move out and decided last minute to under pin my basement. I reached out to 2 companies and because Dion was able to start within 2 weeks of my initial call, I went with him (I also took a liking to him because he would always answer my call). He and his crew began December 4th and was completely done by the middle of January. He walked me through the process of having to deal with neighbours (party wall since this was a semi we were dealing with) and also spoke with my neighbours.

***UPDATE TO THIS REVIEW***
While Dion and his crew finished up quickly in the winter, I am still left with work to be done outside which includes infilling all around the house. It's been 7 months since RB started and in my opinion the job is not completed. My advice to have the job fully done before paying in full. They do good work however in my opinion a job is not completed until everything is finished.

Review has 1 previous version
Katie Chuk from Old Toronto
Katie Chuk from Old Toronto

Full underpin & renovation

This was not our first renovation but it is our biggest one and we had been planning and saving for an overhaul of our century home for 3 years. We sourced out three quotes and Dion at Rock Bottom was not only the most affordable but we also had a gut feeling we could trust him from Day 1. When you are digging out the foundation of your house, you want someone who knows what they are doing and our gut was right! We have just finished 12 weeks of renovations including underpinning our basement by 2 ft. and redesigning and adding a 15' addition to our main floor. Dion and his team are masters of underpinning and construction - knowledgeable, on time, respectful and clean. The communication throughout the process was amazing and we were on budget and time to the letter. What impressed us the most was that at different points Dion was able to look at the project with a designers eye and flag things for us that weren't going to look right so that we could make changes without spending more money. We give Rock Bottom Underpinning our HIGHEST recommendation for both underpinning and renovation.

Derek from East York
Derek from East York
1 review East York, ON

Rock Bottom Underpinning
416-546-3558
1750 The Queensway
Toronto
M9C 5H5

After getting 3 quotes we decided to hire Dion and his Rock Bottom Underpinning team. Our basement height was under 6 ft and now is 8ft. Dion & his crew do excellent work, and kept us well informed through the entire process. His estimate of cost and time was right on the target.

More about Rock Bottom Underpinning

Rock Bottom Underpinning has been in business since 1999, our staff has over 35 years in the construction trades industry, including concrete foundation work, sewer and drains, underpinning / benching, shoring, water proofing, walk ways, basement walk outs, porches and concrete stairs, garage construction and complete interior renovations.
Looking for Foundations pros in Etobicoke?