Modern Eavestroughing

Modern Eavestroughing

Reviews for Modern Eavestroughing

Private User reviews Gatineau,

Installing Gutters- poor work quality

I got so frustrated with this company's work. The quality of the work is very poor and there are lots of functioning problems with eavestroughs installed in my house. Here is the summary of all the problems with this company:
1- After installation done big mess left on the roof, on the ground and they broke part of the the backyard gate (see attached pictures).
2- there is slop problem so that no water come out of 2 downspouts in the side of the building.
3- They installed a downspout in a wrong place which was on the way of people and there was a safety risks.
4- There are 2 water slides which take the water from upper roof to the gutters in the lower roof. One of the water slide inserted inside the leaves guard the other put top of the leaves guard. Which one is right, is funny, isn't it?
After a year complaints, from my side they moved back the downspout to the original place recently. But they created more mess than fixing the problem. They used silicon sealant and glu to connect the pieces and fill the holes. More importantly there is a big gap between the fascia and the gutters in the corner where they moved the downspout (sees the pictures). This gap will definitely will become larger by time. It should be noticed that first they said they are going to fix the problems (remember their ow mistakes) but they will charge me. Of course, I had to argue to refuse such a unreasonable request.
Beyond all of these technical problems, they entered my house without my permission despite the fact that I asked them several times that I want to be home when they are fixing those problems. I asked this because of my terrible experience with them when they installed gutters at first. I have no choice now, but to seek for a legal help to understand all these processes.
I hope this helps you on your decision.

Rebecca V. in Ottawa
Rebecca V. in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Work not completed as discussed

I contracted Modern to do eavestroughing on my middle unit townhouse. Both townhouses on either side of me also contracted with Modern. We were told we would be called the day before installation. No call was received by anyone. I was the only house of the three with a temporary grey jiffy pole supporting the porch roof which was there at the time the estimate was done and was the support for the downspout that they installed(very prominent location on the front of the house). They installed grey eavestrough to match the jiffy pole. I had discussed with the salesman at the time he did the contract that the jiffy pole was temporary and was told that if it was still there at the time of installation that the grey eavestrough would be replaced with white and fitted to the column as soon as the column was installed, at no extra charge. I was even told that this had been done for a previous customer down the street (I should have verified this!!!). I called a few weeks later when the white column was installed, and was told that there would be an additional charge of $150 cash to replace the grey downspout with white eavestroughing to match all of the rest of the eavestroughing on the 3 house unit. This was not what I had been told at the time I bought the contract. I made the mistake of paying in full for the job because I trusted that this company would fulfill their obligation. BUYER BEWARE. Hold back if they do not finish the job as contracted. Asking for an additional cash payment to change what was supposed to be a temporary installation, when I had already paid in full for the complete job, with tax included, is certainly not acceptable and indicates questionable business practices.

Roger in Toronto
Roger in Toronto

Eavestroughing installation

Hired Modern Eavestroughing for installation on our new 1700 sq. foot home in Manotick. They came in about 10 days and did an excellent job. Pleased with their workmanship and cleanup afterwards.

Private User reviews Gatineau,

eavestroughing

when i contacted the company the owner came to our residence with samples after seeing the quality of their material we hired them to do the work ' . the installers were here in 3 weeks time and did the work within 4 hours .we had decided to have 7 downpipes. we had 5 inch gutters with anti-leaf plates installed. what marvelous work they did and not a piece of cut material was found anywhere .They have a 25 warranty of there work and on the material.
Now you tell me of any company who offers such a warranty On THERE WORK AND ON MATERIAL

Mel a.
Mel a.

eavestroughing at back

The eaves trough installation job was done quickly and there was no cleanup required. We could have been consulted on the length of the spout and how to deal with water. We installed a pot at the spout which should be ok.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Seems to be solid product But a little weird water drain blocker

As title said, the material seems to be solid. It will tell during the time.

However, there's strange looking finish of blocker that prevents from the water flow from roof. It looks very ugly. For my case, one of them located just right in front of the porch and so outstanding.

Asked a few times to improve but they just tried to explain why it has to be there, which I can understand. Obviously, it could be better looking. Just they didn't consider how to improve.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Terrible Service

They installed the eavestrough for us two months ago. It started leaking between the house and eavestrough around the house from this spring. The boss answered my emails and phones at the beginning, and sent the contractors twice. Never solved the problem. And never contacted us before they came. Now they don't reply us any more.

Sorry about that, If you could call our office, I would love to discuss and resolve this matter. My main concern is your satisfaction and will do whatever I can to help you. Thank you, Julie,

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Terrible Customer Service

I was contacted by Daniel who seemed very approachable and keen on getting me a quote for the house. We had our Eavestroughing done but then never heard from them again after trying to contact them 3 times. They left many sharp metal pieces all over the lawn, cigarette buds & dent marks in our driveway. I only started to notice it once my dog chewed through a cigarette bud and scraped his mouth with the metal. After trying to reach the company to let them know what happened, I haven't heard from them once. I would never recommend this company. They think that they can leave a complete mess on your property and get away with it once they have your money.

Leo Zheng in
Leo Zheng in

eavestrough

Sales come to my home with high pressure sales tactics. Never informed me about the installation and come to install without any appointment. Besides that, installed wrong style of eavestrough. NOT RECOMMEND at all!

Private User reviews Gatineau, QC

Great service. Would recommend to everyone

They were fast to respond to my question, and provided good answers. Once the work began, the guys working were really nice and did a great job! I recommended the company to my neighbours which called the company and they were also very satisfied.

If you need new eavestroughs, call them and you won't be disappointed.

More about Modern Eavestroughing

This profile was created by an ex employee of than Modern Eavestroughing and should not be used.
Looking for Gutters & Eavestroughs pros in Ottawa?