de Taeye Designs

Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories
1700 Baseline Road. Unit 4 Courtice ON L1E 2S8
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for de Taeye Designs

1 review Courtice, ON

With all the rain we have had this summer, I started getting water seeping in through a crack in my basement. I called de Taeye Designs and spoke with the owner Shawn. He came over and gave me an estimate within one hour of my call. The next day he came over and did a pressure injection repair which took about an hour to complete. I am completely satisfied with the service that was provided and highly recommend de Taeye Designs. Very professional company.

Job Price

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we are happy that you were satisfied with the service we provided.

Emily in
1 review Courtice, ON

I work for a local window manufacturing company who, in the last year, have had the privilege of dealing with Shawn De Taeye.
Through these meetings with De Taeye Designs, I feel compelled to recognize them for their professionalism, attention to detail and punctuality regarding their work.
Having the opportunity to work with people with such a vast knowledge of their trade and not to mention a great attitude, is very refreshing! In every conversation, Shawn shows that his genuine goal is to take care of his clients to the best of his ability, and he does exactly that.
I would recommend De Taeye designs to anyone who is looking for high quality work at a fair price!

Job Price

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to work with local companies and we know the importance of doing so

Lynn in
1 review Newcastle, ON

We had a very unique leak in our basement coming from black line flexible piping coming out of the foundation during heavy thaws and rain. In the meantime I rigged something up to catch the leak and divert it to the sump pump.
During a dryer spell, I called a few companies to get a few different opinions to fix the problem. DeTaeye Designs was one of them. Shawn, got back to me within a few hours and came over within 24hrs. He explained what was happening and suggested some things to try and gave us a quote to fix the problem.
Out of all the companies I met with, Shawn impressed me the most. He explained everything very thoroughly, gave me some options and really seemed knowledgeable in this area. I didn't feel pressured by sales tactics or gimmicks.
Unfortunately, the next time it rained, it really rained. My little set up wasn't working as there was too much water in the ground and nowhere for it to go except out this pipe. It was not just coming out of the pipe anymore but other areas around the pipe in the foundation. We had water everywhere and were emptying recycling size bins of water every 2hrs.
I called Shawn immediately that evening and he was over the next day trying to fix our very bad situation.
When the first option didn't work as we had hoped as promised by his guarantee he immediately came back to rectify the situation.
In the end we had to go with the second option of an interior drainage system in the problem area. We'll have to do the rest of the basement before finishing it but thanks to Shawn and his team our basement isn't flooding, we are able to sleep at night and have peace of mind.
I highly recommend De Taeye Design for foundation repairs and problems.
Life savers!

Job Price

Hi Lynn, thank you very much for sharing your experience with DeTaeye Designs! We are happy to hear that we were able to answer a few of your questions and help you determine what was best for your home.

Andrei P
2 reviews Whitby, ON

After discovering a leak in our foundation we reached out to a handful of contractors to help us get it fixed. During the process we’ve heard all types of advice, methods and price ranges to help address the issue. We decided to go with Shawn from de Taeye Designs because of his knowledge and expertise, and modern method of fixing the leak from inside the house.
Shawn clearly explained to us what the issue was, what caused it and how it will be fixed. Impressively, he knew exactly where the foundation crack was, size and the angle of it without even tearing out the drywall.
After tearing out the drywall and removing insulation Shawn and his team also discovered a couple of other cracks that all needed immediate attention.
During the day of the repairs, Shawn and his crew showed up a little bit early to get a head start. All were very personable and professional. They removed all the drywall, insulation and flooring to make sure there were no other cracks or pooling water. After fixing all the cracks they cleaned up the area and removed all debris.
We’d highly recommend Shawn and his team for their expertise and high quality of work.

Job Price

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your time and are glad you were satisfied with our team. We look forward to working together in the future!

Sarah&Collin in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

We hired deTaeye's team to construct a legal basement apartment with a walkout (permitted)
Their quote was comparable to others, however what was impressive is the affiliations and connections deTaeye has within the industry, such as Durham region homebuilders association, RenoMark, Ontario homebuilders, and BILD to name a few.
From the drawings and permits the layout and actual build, Shawn and the fellas did an outstanding job. We were kept up to date along the way and updated on budget, timing, and overall progress.
We would recommend deTaeye for any work you may have.

Job Price

Sarah and Collin, thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! The connections we have are made possible because of fantastic clients like you. We are very happy knowing you are satisfied with the work completed in your home and we hope to work with you again soon!

leehawn in Whitby, Ontario Canada L1N4J8
1 review Whitby, ON

Shawn came to fix our leaking basement, and I highly recommend him! He was friendly, knowledgable, quick, efficient, and priced very reasonably. He explained everything to me, and even showed me what he was doing as the work was being done in different stages.

This team is professional and knows what they are doing. I will definitely be using them again in the future for some custom renovations.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your comments and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Megan in
1 review Oshawa, ON

I hired De Taeye Designs to turn an unfinished basement into bedroom with a bathroom concept. They completed the drywall, flooring, and trim in the bedroom. As well as the fixtures, tile work and framing/drywall for the bathroom. They worked efficiently and productively to complete the project on time and budget. I was very impressed with the dynamic of the hardworking team and how easily they answered any questions or concerns that I had.

Job Price

Thank you for your review, Megan! We are happy we could answer your questions and that you were satisfied with our work. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Joanne in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Awesome job by Shaun and his team. We had some cracks in our foundation and one that was leaking. Shaun was extremely knowledgeable and quickly assessed and explained what needed to be done. The repairs were expertly completed and work area cleaned up (as one needed outside dig) just like new. We would certainly recommend Shawn and his team for basement waterproofing again!! Outstanding work!

Job Price

Thank you for your post, Joanne.

Matt in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Shaun was extremely thorough and helpful will all our questions. His team was professional and very talented. Shaun made our basement reno dun and stress free. I can't say enough about him and his guys.. thanks and I will be using you guys for our next reno..

Job Price

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We look forward to working with you again

More about de Taeye Designs

• DREAM At De Taeye Designs we believe people should dream big and go after what they want in life. Whether your dream is to stop your basement from leaking or to finally have enough space in your kitchen to entertain friends, we’re here to help! • CREATE We work ...