Dormio Organic Beds

HomeStars  >  Bedding & Linens in Mississauga  >  Dormio Organic Beds

Reviews for Dormio Organic Beds

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

great bed !

We bought one of the high end king size beds with all the extras including frame and 'make the bed package'. The model was 'Coventry'.

It took a little longer than expected to actually get the bed installed (6 weeks)

The install was quick and friendly but communication could have been better. They asked us if we had floor savers for the bottom of the bed upon arrival. We immediately went out and bought some but they had already installed some they had with them. They took the ones we bought in exchange. We weren't asked what side we wanted the 2 different firmness installed on, until after it was complete. This can be changed by us with unzipping and shuffling of layers.

Everything is great except the pillows. They did not seem as soft and comfy as the ones we tried in the store. We returned them and were told we had to keep them, but that we could take some of the stuffing out to achieve the same comfort quality. The in-store after sales friendliness dropped off significantly.

Great product but it is pricey. The service is not up to Miele standards, but it shouldn't put you off if you value a really nice, high quality and healthy bed. A huge advantage is that a King size can be installed almost anywhere, as it comes in rolled up layers. A traditional king mattress would never have fit up our 3rd floor staircase.

Wonderful experience!!!

The entire experience was wonderful...from the time I called to order right up to the delivery and white glove service!

Eric was amazing!!! He was very knowledgeable, helpful and was able to expedite my order so that it was delivered in as short a time as possible. The delivery/set up guys were very professional and courteous.

I am enjoying my new bed very much...thanks Dormio!

IZABELLA in Toronto
IZABELLA in Toronto

Beautiful sleep

We purchased 3 mattresses from Dormio, from sales experience thru customer care inquiring about delivery and arranging a time and date to sleep experience it has been all excellent. I love the quality of the product and sleep has been getting used to from coil mattress but the comfort is 10 stars. my husband got a wool pillow and there was a smell to it, just natural wool smell that went away after a week. I highly recommend Dormios products for what they stand for and comfort. Thank you! I will always return, very happy ?

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Dormio Organic Beds is AMAZING!

My husband and I purchased a Dormio Majestic King a few months ago and we LOVE it! He decided to get his side firm and I decided to get my side a medium feel. The beautiful wool topper is like a little piece of heaven! Wish we had done it years ago. We love our Dormio mattress!

Toronto homeowner in Toronto
Toronto homeowner in Toronto

bad experience

I had a similar experience to the last reviewer -- i.e. the salesman leaving out important info/being misleading to make the sale. The guy sold me an expensive product that didn't meet my clearly stated need. When it failed, he refused to take it back, citing the store's no return policy. I pointed out that he had sold it to me with promises that it would work, and it didn't. He refused.

I also found their sheets to be overpriced, even for organic, and not good quality.

Afterwards, I saw the article on the Global TV website about Dormio refusing to take back a $5k mattress that appeared to be defective. With their high prices, I don't think it's worth risking deal with a company that doesn't stand behind their products.

Hello, We are sorry that you are unhappy with your purchase. We currently don’t have anyone on file having requested a refund. Would you be willing to make contact with us so we can identify the order and address your grievance? It isn’t clear what you mean by “didn’t work” for you? Are you referring to your set up or your experience sleeping on the mattress? Also, what specifically is the problem with the sheets. We sell dozens of sheet sets a month and don’t experience any significant number of issues with them. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you to get this sorted out.

Mattress

I strongly warn against doing business with this company! They will conveniently leave out important information to get you make a purchase. After delivery I was informed I would need to spend more money on a foundation or else my warranty is void. They clearly don't stand behind their product and don't issue a refund!

Hello Melanie,

I am sorry there is a misunderstanding related to the support required for latex mattresses. All brands of latex mattresses require a solid slatted support system to ensure the mattress is the correct firmness and air flow. If a latex mattress is placed on a box spring or flexible slat system, that mattress can feel too soft since the materials supporting the mattress are giving way. This is noted several places on our website, in large banners in store, it is part of every sales conversation and noted on the invoice requiring not one, but two sets of initials confirming the customer has been made aware of the support requirements. We did confirm with you that the warranty isn’t void, just that we can’t guarantee the firmness of the mattress if it isn’t on the correct support system. We offer many different options for customers to select from that ensure the proper support. After noting your difficulty, we went as far as offering to sell you a foundation at our cost to make sure your mattress is properly supported. Unfortunately, you declined this offer. Please know that this offer still stands and we will be happy to help resolve the situation.

Idalina in Mississauga
Idalina in Mississauga

I needed a new innovation of quality products for bedroom.

The comfort feeling with my bed after 5 years of usage is remarkable. I value the importance of all natural and organic aspects of these products. I have all components including base board and my beautiful pillows.
It helped with easy breathing when I was at worse with asthma.
I greatly recommend this great product to everyone that needs to enjoy such comfort and temperature control. Never to hot neither to cold just amazing!
Thank you Steve, for all your service throughout these years.
I wish you the best to serve others the same way to the highest good. IC

Thank You Steve for your devoted attention to all my needs in putting together my wonderful bed.

D in Thornhill
D in Thornhill

Organic Latex Mattress

Dormio make a wonderful mattress. Probably best purchase ever. We were concerned about chemicals used in traditional mattress and wanted to go with something more environmental. Really amazing mattress and great service.

The Dancing Elephant
The Dancing Elephant
9 reviews Kitchener, ON

Organic mattress, duvet, pillows, box

I wanted to take a moment to share what I consider to be a fair review of Dormio's product & services.

Back in February, my wife & I purchased a king-sized, organic (12") latex mattress, wool/alpaca duvet, 2 wool/alpaca pillows, box foundation, and mattress cover, from Dormio.

Overall, we have been very satisfied with the mattress, foundation, and mattress cover. The mattress is very comfortable, and seems to perform as advertised. The delivery and setup also went very smoothly. On these two fronts, I would highly recommend Dormio if you are looking to purchase a new mattress.

However, we did have some trouble with the wool/alpaca products, namely our duvet and our 2 pillows. The stench of the pillows was unbearable, even after months' of use and attempts on our part to get rid of the smell. The smell is reminiscent of an alpaca or perhaps a sheep. The duvet, while stinky, is somewhat less so -- probably because it's not right beside our heads.

To put this into perspective: for the past several months, when my wife and I woke up in the morning, we both smelled of alpaca/sheep. Our hair smelled strongly like animal fur. Our bedroom was embarrassing to enter, because it smelled like a barn. The stench was very, very strong, and having grown up in farming country, neither my wife nor I are particularly sensitive to this sort of thing. But these products are in a different level of smell altogether.

So, despite "air fluffing" and "sun drying" our pillows (as well as running them through the dryer with nice-smelling dryer sheets), we eventually had to throw out our 2 pillows. The duvet's smell is still there, but not quite as strong; this is likely because it is not right beside our head.

Recently, I had a conversation with John, at Dormio, in which I had offered feedback regarding the wool/alpaca product. The positive take-away is that John was very interested in making our experience "right", and after a few emails on the topic, he offered to replace the pillows.

At the time of this writing, my wife & I had not yet had a chance to drop by the Dormio store to replace the pillows; however, I think that the important take-away for a prospective customer is that, in the face of negative experience, the company tried their best to do the "right thing".

In summary: Our mattress is great. Our wool/alpaca pillows were so stinky that we threw them out after only a few months of use. But, John from Dormio has offered to give us a replacement for the pillows, and showed a keen interest in trying to make this "right".

Review has 1 previous version
Trish Malhotra from Toronto
Trish Malhotra from Toronto

Mattress

We were looking for a luxury mattress. I wanted to get a bed that gave me the best sleep possible. I discovered Dormio and their mattresses are a game changer. Not only is it organic it is the most comfortable bed ever made! I highly recommend purchasing a bed from Dormio. Fabulous product, fabulous service.

More about Dormio Organic Beds

Dormio Organic Beds is the leader in supplying beds and sleep products. Check out the products like latex foam mattress, organic bedding, latex mattress, organic baby bedding, organic baby mattress etc at http: / / dormio. ca/