Dormio Organic Beds

2575 Dundas Street West, Unit 25 Mississauga ON L5K2M6
HomeStars  >  Bedding & Linens in Mississauga  >  Dormio Organic Beds

Reviews for Dormio Organic Beds

Toronto homeowner in Toronto

I had a similar experience to the last reviewer -- i.e. the salesman leaving out important info/being misleading to make the sale. The guy sold me an expensive product that didn't meet my clearly stated need. When it failed, he refused to take it back, citing the store's no return policy. I pointed out that he had sold it to me with promises that it would work, and it didn't. He refused.

I also found their sheets to be overpriced, even for organic, and not good quality.

Afterwards, I saw the article on the Global TV website about Dormio refusing to take back a $5k mattress that appeared to be defective. With their high prices, I don't think it's worth risking deal with a company that doesn't stand behind their products.

I strongly warn against doing business with this company! They will conveniently leave out important information to get you make a purchase. After delivery I was informed I would need to spend more money on a foundation or else my warranty is void. They clearly don't stand behind their product and don't issue a refund!

Idalina in Mississauga

The comfort feeling with my bed after 5 years of usage is remarkable. I value the importance of all natural and organic aspects of these products. I have all components including base board and my beautiful pillows.
It helped with easy breathing when I was at worse with asthma.
I greatly recommend this great product to everyone that needs to enjoy such comfort and temperature control. Never to hot neither to cold just amazing!
Thank you Steve, for all your service throughout these years.
I wish you the best to serve others the same way to the highest good. IC

Thank You Steve for your devoted attention to all my needs in putting together my wonderful bed.

D in Thornhill

Dormio make a wonderful mattress. Probably best purchase ever. We were concerned about chemicals used in traditional mattress and wanted to go with something more environmental. Really amazing mattress and great service.

The Dancing Elephant
9 reviews Kitchener, ON

I wanted to take a moment to share what I consider to be a fair review of Dormio's product & services.

Back in February, my wife & I purchased a king-sized, organic (12") latex mattress, wool/alpaca duvet, 2 wool/alpaca pillows, box foundation, and mattress cover, from Dormio.

Overall, we have been very satisfied with the mattress, foundation, and mattress cover. The mattress is very comfortable, and seems to perform as advertised. The delivery and setup also went very smoothly. On these two fronts, I would highly recommend Dormio if you are looking to purchase a new mattress.

However, we did have some trouble with the wool/alpaca products, namely our duvet and our 2 pillows. The stench of the pillows was unbearable, even after months' of use and attempts on our part to get rid of the smell. The smell is reminiscent of an alpaca or perhaps a sheep. The duvet, while stinky, is somewhat less so -- probably because it's not right beside our heads.

To put this into perspective: for the past several months, when my wife and I woke up in the morning, we both smelled of alpaca/sheep. Our hair smelled strongly like animal fur. Our bedroom was embarrassing to enter, because it smelled like a barn. The stench was very, very strong, and having grown up in farming country, neither my wife nor I are particularly sensitive to this sort of thing. But these products are in a different level of smell altogether.

So, despite "air fluffing" and "sun drying" our pillows (as well as running them through the dryer with nice-smelling dryer sheets), we eventually had to throw out our 2 pillows. The duvet's smell is still there, but not quite as strong; this is likely because it is not right beside our head.

Recently, I had a conversation with John, at Dormio, in which I had offered feedback regarding the wool/alpaca product. The positive take-away is that John was very interested in making our experience "right", and after a few emails on the topic, he offered to replace the pillows.

At the time of this writing, my wife & I had not yet had a chance to drop by the Dormio store to replace the pillows; however, I think that the important take-away for a prospective customer is that, in the face of negative experience, the company tried their best to do the "right thing".

In summary: Our mattress is great. Our wool/alpaca pillows were so stinky that we threw them out after only a few months of use. But, John from Dormio has offered to give us a replacement for the pillows, and showed a keen interest in trying to make this "right".

Review has 1 previous version
Trish Malhotra from Toronto

We were looking for a luxury mattress. I wanted to get a bed that gave me the best sleep possible. I discovered Dormio and their mattresses are a game changer. Not only is it organic it is the most comfortable bed ever made! I highly recommend purchasing a bed from Dormio. Fabulous product, fabulous service.

Samuel Smith from Toronto

With all my friends turning to an organic lifestyle, it was time for me to follow suit. The first thing I did was to change my bedding and pillows. One of my friends who is already using pillows and mattresses from Dormio asked me to contact them to get the best organic accessories. Once I went to their home and design center at Mississauga, I knew I had come to the right place. I ordered a customized Tranquility mattress and some nice and soft Alpaca pillows for my bed. The softness and their resilience to dust and termite are really impressive features. I have been a happy sleeper since the day these were delivered to my home. I will be adding a foundation for the mattress I bought, and needless to say, I am ordering it from Dormio.

Wendy from QB Global

My best friend travels between Canada and Europe.Once they found the store as per my recommandation, they love it very much. Good quality, Good service, relaxing environment. The only Organic Beds Company so far we know.

More about Dormio Organic Beds

Dormio Organic Beds is the leader in supplying beds and sleep products. Check out the products like latex foam mattress, organic bedding, latex mattress, organic baby bedding, organic baby mattress etc at http: / / dormio. ca/