Hills Landscaping and Property Maintenance

Lawn Maintenance
Hills Landscaping and Property Maintenance

Reviews for Hills Landscaping and Property Maintenance

Snow Removal

Shoddy service. After a large snowfall they arrived 12 hours later, only after I called, claiming one of their 5 trucks broke down. Then the company partner actually fired me for expressing my disappointment. He then, in January, stated it was my "last service and would send me a check for half the amount. No check ever arrived! Cheaper doesn't always mean better. Several neighbors who used them also had the same experiences. Avoid at all costs.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. Hills sNOw [No] snow removal dis-service

Signed contract for snow removal in Nov, with full payment. As with other reviews, they come late, next day after snow stops falling, or not at all. Hills promises to remove snow at foot of driveway after city plows comes [They did not do this the last few snow events].. Hills do not clear if freezing rain comes after snow fall, even if 3+ cm snow first. Their phone typically has a "full of messages" after a snow fall, so you can't leave a message. Their 24/7 service is a joke.
Poor service and unreliable. I had to purchase shovels in the last month to clear the snow from my driveway when Hills did not come.
Other snow removal service firms come up and down street after storm.

Barry .L in Richmond Hill
Barry .L in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Reliable

Happy customer!!!!
-Great customer service
-reliable, friendly, honest
-fair prices
Thank you for your services looking forward to the next season. It’s been three years going strong
My wife and I have been completely happy.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Effective

Prompt and effective for snow removal and groundskeeping. I'm always out of my driveway shortly after snowfall and my lawn has never been better cared for. The courteous and professional staff of Hills Landscaping are superb.

Misha in Richmond Hill
Misha in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Great Company

Lived in the same area for 20 years, went through a dozen landscaping companies of which whom always failed to provide service on a timely manner. We had one of the biggest storms in years and I was the first house on the street for hours that had their driveway and walkway cleared of snow hours before the rest. My neighbors were very jealous!!! Highly recommend this company.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Snow Removal

Contract says "friendly service, multiple trips to clean snow during heavy snowfalls, return to clean bottom of driveway after city plow goes through." None of this is true and they are always late to clean snow. Avoid at all costs.

SW from Toronto
SW from Toronto

He takes your money and disappears. BEWARE

He has you sign a contract for snow removal and takes your money up front. 20+ cm of snow and he doesn’t show up for 3 days. He avoids you by leaving his answering machine on. He finds all sorts of excuses for not showing after you finally reach him. The snow isn't deep enough or his truck has broken down. No communication whatsoever and never an apology. He has contracted with our neighbours as well and has damaged their property. He promised to repair the damage and did nothing. They don't use him any longer. It's so frustrating watching all the other companies out in our neighbourhood at a reasonable time after a snowfall and Hills neither shows nor notifies you of
his "problem." he claims that nobody has ever found fault with his service. Really? Read the authentic reviews.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fantastic company!!

Fantastic company. I’ve been through many landscaping companies. None of which was able to keep my property manicured. My grass is green, my bushes are trimmed, I have no weeds in my flower gardens, and they show up every week. Just thought I’d share.

Catlover in Mississauga
Catlover in Mississauga

Buyer beware

Our family has used Hills Landscraping & Maintenance for two and a half years and we have had to let him go a few months ago because of numerous issues. The owner oversees the work but is unreliable because he says he will take care of a problem but it does not get done. He has damaged equipment outside on our property and either says he will repair/replace it but does not, or he denies responsibility. Sometimes his people (some look underage) don't even show up on the promised days/weeks. Beware because he is charming, overcommits and under delivers and drags his feet. Whether it is intentional or not, that is for you to decide. His price is right but quality is poor.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Hills Landscaping

Grass cutting was decent but everything else that was promised was never done. Over seeding and fertilizer were promised but not done.
Due to all the rain, some weeks were missed. My neighbour however, had his grass cut during the same rainy periods by a different company