Premier Landworks

AB

Reviews for Premier Landworks

Me in Calgary
Me in Calgary

More frustrating than it was worth

An experience I would not want to repeat. Both the boss and the site lead were friendly and stated they were willing to do tasks other contractors declined to do. For this I hired them. The project started off slowly with the first few days consisting of dropping off tools and removing a fire pit. Not only was there a lack of communication, they refused or were reluctant to write things down and they also ignored or did not acknowledge what was written down. A two week job turned into a month and a half job. When I requested meetings, they didn't show up when they said they would, but would be there at times or days I was not expecting them. When I asked why they didn't contact me when there was a schedule change, because I was waiting for them, there was always an excuse. When they started on the sidewalk blocks, they were changing what was to be done based on thier preference (ex. the orientation, the distance between the blocks and the placement of the block). On top of that, I watched them fabric the area without prepping the ground. The areas to be mulched were not any different. When I tried to communicate or discuss corrections, there was a lot of push back and defensiveness or they walked away without responding and continued the same task as if I had not spoken. They placed all my stack stones on one corner of my deck, even though I repeatedly told them, and it was written, to place unused items to the side of my garage. The weight of the stones appeared to cause the deck to lean to that corner, which the boss denied. He said the deck was straight, but when I asked if he had a level tool, the conversation stopped. There were many partially completed tasks which the site lead said he was going to do nothing more with those tasks. I had to strongly insist on completing these tasks or tell him how to complete the tasks or bought the item for the task or say I would complete the tasks for them before some of it got completed. They promptly asked for payment when the agreed task was not completed for that payment or even when I expressed dissatisfaction with the task. For the first payment, I had to tell them twice to complete the task first and then I would pay them. When it came close to the final payment, the boss threatened a lien on my property, just because I said I was not satisfied with the quality of the work and wanted to see them fix it or give a discount for the below grade work before I gave them another cheque. If you have a vision, have specific ideas or have fairly high standard and want high quality workmanship, keep looking.

Graham from Calgary
Graham from Calgary

Back Yard Landscape

The work that we wanted completed started as something in our heads, and with the help of Premier Landworks we were able to see that become evident on paper, and then in reality in our backyard. The team that came to our house were always very polite, courteous and very helpful in answering any questions that we had. We would definitely recommend this company.

We definitely enjoyed working for you and we appreciate your business.

denise from Calgary
denise from Calgary

fence/deck

Less than pleasant experience. The consultation was professional and so we moved ahead eagerly, but the project was a series of delays, lack of communication, billing errors and a lien threat. We signed our contract Aug 30, work did not commence until late October and did not finish up until Nov (please note it is a small section of fence and small deck). We had to constantly call in to ask for updates, and always there was an excuse. When the fence work started, there were some issues with structure and finishing, but were told after the fact and there was no communication/discussion for changes. When the fence person (who we found out was a subcontractor) started the deck he disappeared with the job partly done. The replacement subcontractor left garbage on our property, and is "suspected" as the source of damage to our walkway and Premier would take no responsibility. We had to demand someone come back and actually nail down 5 deck boards. After the delays they were very quick to ask for payment. A week after our full payment we received a lien threat by the first contractor and had to involve a lawyer. Not once through this process where we contacted by the owner, not even after calls in regarding the lien threat. In the end, they discovered they billed us incorrectly, even though we have a receipt "paid in full", admitting they have yet made another error. Cannot in good faith recommend them to another.

Muna from Calgary
Muna from Calgary

Landscaping - Fence & Sod

As I write this, I am sitting on my deck enjoying my new private backyard done by Premier Landworks. I cannot thank the team enough. Ben was exceptionally responsive, prompt, professional and genuinely cared. The work speaks for itself - high quality and professional - beautiful fence & sodding at very reasonable pricing. Their price was 25%-30% lower than all competitors and they started the very next week. Thanks Ben!

We definitely enjoyed working for you and we appreciate your business.

Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Calgary?