Good company, they did a job for us last april and its held up really well. Happy with the customer service as well as the quality of the work. Would be glad to refer this company to close friends and neighbors. Cheers!
STAY AWAY FROM EXECUTIVE INTERLOCK AND KENNEDY!!!
We requested Kennedy to do interlocking on the driveway. They ripped apart the driveway and left us to suffer for 2 months before starting the project!!! Then when Kennedy finally arrived to do the job. He half-assed the job and rushed it. Have I mentioned KENNEDY brought the wrong colour interlocks? Within 1 month of “completion” the interlocking and sand started falling apart and it looked so bad. I called him numerous times and he promised to fix it. He hasn’t showed up to fix it and now he doesn’t pick up my calls. Very disgusting people and horrible service. They do not know how to interlock a driveway. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE TO MY WORST ENEMY!
Stay away from this company. I wish they never placed their flyer on my garage door.
I hired them to do the driveway extension, porch and steps.
The job was done by Kennedy.
What a horrible job! They do not care. All they want is to rush to the next job/victim.
Due to their negligence wrong materiel was brought over and in order to get it done fast no matter what they started the job from the street coming towards the house. That resulted in large gaps at the last step and the porch (see the pics). He was trying to tell me that it was “FOR WATER DRAINAGE” !!?
Next year I will have to hire somebody to re-do it. It’s going to cost me extra to fix it
On the top of that they did not fix the damage that they produced despite of the fact that they promised to do so. Once they received the money they stopped taking the phone calls. By all means never deal with Scott and his people. Disappointment guaranteed.
please call me so we can arrange to fix the issues. you haven't even tried calling me yet. 214-205-0969
great experience getting these guys to do my backyard patio, they even cut down an old tree and didn't even ask me to pay extra money for it, I recommend them to lots of my friends.
We called Executive Interlock to come give us a quote. We like their ideas so we hired them. They came and did the job. They were clean, proficient and did the work fast! Would recommend them to all !
It's always risky to hire a company off the net. After we signed contract with Kennedy, we found some negative comments on this company online. At the same time, the project was delayed a little but I can tell it was due to the rain. We were a little worried before the project started.
When the project started, we met all crew, Kennedy, Shawn, and Memo. They are all nice and friendly. After day one, we noticed the first step from the house to the patio is relatively steep, so we phoned Kennedy, he agreed to make modification, and he actually did on day two.
We originally just wanted fire pit on patio and were convinced to build the retaining wall and pillows (Kennedy is a good sales :))After the project is done, the combination of patio, retaining wall, pillows, and fire pit, it looks very nice. It's worth it.
The front of the house, we wanted a small curvy area extended after the steps of the porch and a long narrow extension besides the driveway. They built a bigger :) square platform. The connection of these two looked a little rough. We talked to Kennedy and he added a small curvy transition. Although the front is not exactly the same as originally planned, after Kennedy did the modification as we asked, it looks great, very functional, and we like it.
The concrete slab shed foundation they did is OK.
Something that may be improved: Not sure if the grass restore is usually included. We had to do a little grass restore work.
Overall, they are great.
Save yourself the misery and deal with anyone else.
2 months to start the job even though I was told 2 weeks.
work in a rush to get to there next victim, refused to come back and make small adjustments and gave me attitude the whole time.
To add insult to injury half the time these guys were on my property they were fighting among themselves. Total losers.
We hired them to do interlocking. Besides the interlocking, we also wanted our fence done. So the owner of the company, Scott said he can send a fence guy to do the job for us. He specifically mentioned that he is not making any profit in between, this is just for our convenience as his customer. The price for the fence was estimated at $2700 for 2 sides with 1 gate, about 70 feet in total. We paid them $2700, but only 1 side of 27 feet was completed. We contacted Scott and pointed out the job was not correctly done. Surprisingly, he changed his story saying $2700 was for that 1 side of 27 feet because this is a small project, and this is what exactly the fence guy charged him. We then managed to learned that Scott only paid the fence guy $1050 for that 1 side job, and turned around charge us more than double the cost. We questioned Scott and suggested him to either complete the missing side or refund us. He changed his story once again saying the addition $1500+ was for his several site visits. He refused to refund the extra charges and said the job is done. We do not appreciate the way he fools us. He is not a honest business person. I'll suggest to stay away from this company.
Unfortunately, our review of Executive Interlock stems from the extremely poor quality customer service, terrible attention to detail, lack of communication with the customer and lack of care in work ethic and pride.
Their strategy is to secure as many jobs as possible in the spring, putting unrealistic demands on the few skilled workers that they have. The customer is set up for failure before the first shovel ever breaks ground!
Upfront, they seem cordial and extremely accommodating and use what seems to be a tactic for securing business by coming in at a much lower price than every other contractor. This is appealing because as we all know; landscaping work is costly and who doesn’t want to save a few bucks! In all honesty, it ends there. All we did was spare a couple bucks - but the headache and aggravation went beyond our imagination. Their method to remedy a concern is diminishing and unacceptable to say the least. Below are a few example of our experience with Executive Interlock:
1. They don’t really work within any concrete timeline - excavated and left our lawn (front and back turned over for about 10 days before we ever saw him or his crew again - with zero communication! - Said the job (start to finish) would take 7-10 days - took more like 30 days with unexplained delays.
2. Will tell you "crew is coming tomorrow" and then they don't actually show up - when you call him to ask why? Makes up excuses (it’s the weather, the machine broke down) but good customer service would have them (the contractor) initiate the conversation not the other way around.
3. Doesn't actually stay on site to manage and facilitate crew - Isn't there to respond to things that come up for example.
- the crew was installing a natural 6 ft stone step in a spot that would inhibit the backyard gate from opening up. I (the customer) had to tell them (the crew) that the location of the natural stone step was wrong and that would cause other problems if they didn't push/move it further back. Contractor was nowhere to be found. Crew goes on to explain that in order to move it they have to build a retaining wall. Again, Scott/Kennedy (owners) not on site to resolve the interruption in work being done. I had to drive around trying to find material (on a Saturday) so they could build "this wall" and continue to work. Thankfully I was able to get the crew the material they needed. It was very disappointing that neither of the two owner/operator did not excuse/apologize for being MIA and for not addressing this as they should have.
4. When things are spoken about (eaves drop trenching) tells it will be done and then slams you at the end with a fee - isn't transparent and doesn't remember to actually do what is discussed - needs several reminders, and hand holding. (Still left one trench unfinished but took his money).
5. Lack attention to detail, extremely careless - for example grey interlocking with a black interlock border - the border seems to be okay but then in the middle of the black border is a single piece of Grey interlock - throws the whole look off. This occurs in more than one area. (Backyard and front porch) You would think that if the crew didn’t notice the error that the owner/operator would so as to be diligent with making an effort for the best (most perfect) finish product.
6. Promises that he will "hand pick" the material (flagstone and natural stone step) several pieces are questionable. Instantly after the flagstone was installed on front porch oxidized iron began to bleed out and down onto other piece - made claims that "will go away with the sun." That's his story and he's sticking to it! - Same thing is happening on the back step orange clusters everywhere - gets worse every time it rains AND to boot is it a tripping hazard - passing off the liability to the supplier - - ah HELLO WHAT HAPPENED TO "I WILL BE HAND SELECTING EACH PIECE?????" ALSO - interlocking around the driveway looks sloppy because it’s not level in a few areas.
7. Claims that other peoples (not his clients) interlocking get shifting because they don't install the polymeric properly yet we have holes EVERYWHERE, and they've come back twice to do it - Go figure
8. Make claims about his years of experience - but the QUALITY OF HIS WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! Not sure he’s had much experience with installing interlock but has a bag full of excuses when pieces are wrong, or should be exchanged. Famous line is “I hope you can understand”
9. Begged for money - came knocking every day for money - said that they needed to pay $85K in taxes or else they would have issues with the government and that their accountant was in jail - busted us several times a day with visits and text messages – To be clear they took advantage that we were honest and they needed to flee before we had a chance to go over every square inch.
Overall, they lack communication, they don’t manage their project properly, customers are expected to micromanage the workers, crew/employees are not reliable, has ZERO attention to detail, straight up doesn't CARE. A GOOD, RELIABLE & HONEST contractor would have given us the chance to go over the project thoroughly so as to note any areas that required attention, fixing, instead we have not seen him, he has not made himself available to proper evaluate the finished product. We have messaged him, requested an appointment and still he neglects to be prompt and willing to resolve our concerns.
Funny enough one on the last days working at our house had the nerve to ask me to write a review full out knowing our experience has been horrific, untimely, and dissatisfying. We wish there were more reviews of others experiences, we would have gladly paid another contractor to get the job done PROPERLY.