Weed Man Toronto

15 Lesmill Road North York ON M3B2T3
Weed Control
Weed Man Toronto

Reviews for Weed Man Toronto

More weeds and dead lawn

Very disappointed - advise you choose another company. Complaints are not heard and sales team uses rhetoric and excuses. My lawn is now worse than when I manually controlled the weeds myself. My neighbours have asked me what has happened to my lawn. I had a large patch of dead grass in the backyard where too high a concentration of chemicals was used. They are committed to selling services but not to achieving results.

jumarcello
jumarcello

Not worth it

After using their service for a full year we still have weeds and the grass still looks miserable. My main concern were the grubs in the backyard. It looked like a minefield after the small animals dug up the grubs for their dinner. After TWO treatments which were an additional cost both times the grubs are still present. Their treatments are ineffective even for simple dandelions however they do return at no additional cost to respray for them.
Their customer service reps are also very dismissive when you call in to tell them treatments aren’t working.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Continuous Service = Rip off

Use someone who cares about your lawn, not your cash. They will try to auto-renew you based on the back of a piece of paper left at your door or an email. Unlike professionals who you retain for a specific service, they retain you for as many services as they choose and try to keep coming back until you tell them to stop. Continuous Service = Stay Away.

Quote from Weedman: "We do not require a signed contact [sic] to start services, since we are a continuous service company we automatically have an order in place and ready for our customers from year to year unless told otherwise."

Horrible customer service

was with Weedman for many years. I did not, as I always had previously done, renew with the pre..discount rate. They came and fertilized my lawn without my permission. I called. They said I was a good customer but had to pay the $57 as I did not cancel and my contract is apparently automatically renewed without even the courtesy of a phone call. If, I was a valued customer as the customer rep kept trying to tell me I certainly did not feel valued and if I were to consider renewing next year I will most certainly NOT use Weed man again and I recommend you do NOT either.
So much for the lost art of customer service.

Grant Sawiak from Toronto
Grant Sawiak from Toronto

General Alain Care

Admittedly auto-renewal is not an attractive aspect but I have found WeedMan Toronto's service to be competent, efficient, timely and reasonably priced and that outweighs any concerns that I have about other factors. Four years and counting so far.

Vlad in
Vlad in

BE AWARE of auto renewal without permission.

Had it last year. It did not do much difference on my lawn. Received call asking to renew on next year. I refused as well as multiple mail requests. This year found bill that that did service. Over the call was told that I gave permission for auto renewal. Saying that I refused it, was told that it's part of original service sign-up. Was pushed HARD over the phone to get it for this year.
Service is average, did not work for me. Their sales reps are ruining this business. I upset with phone calls even more then with service.

Eli Elbaz from North York
Eli Elbaz from North York

Lawn Service Contract

I had a gardener at one time and my lawn was in awful shape. I decided to work with Weed Man and they provided services that my gardener just didn't offer. Weed treatments, aerating, fertilizer and an assortment of other services. I now cut my own lawn and it is in way better shape and has cost me less that what I paid with my gardener over the summer season.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Terrible

Would never go back to these guys. They promise the world up front, then do not deliver. They claimed they would spray at specific times, they never did. Claimed they would do weed pulling, they never did. I doubt they did any of the work they said they would.

Did not renew, will never renew. They continue to come to my door selling me their services (which I promptly close my door on), and they went on a telemarketing campaign from hell that would not stop regardless of my insistence that they never call again. It took roughly 3 months (with 3 CRTC reports) to have them stop.

Buyer beware. You're better off on your own.

Val in North York
Val in North York

Very diligent and great work

They are very reliable, come here every week and provide great advice on how to take better care of my lawn. My lawn looks really nice. They do follow up a lot for additional services though, but I still think it is worthy it.

Ted
Ted

weed control

My lawn had a lot of weeds and I was not able to control them on my own so I decided to give weed man a call. In the past I have used weed b gone spray and it did work on the actual weeds that were sprayed bit it did not eliminate my problem (did nothing to weeds that were missed and did not stop regrowth).

I find that the weedman is kind of the same thing, it does kill the weeds that are sprayed, and most are killed, but some are missed. Still the problem is not eliminated, the weeds do come back, and the weed man does come out to spray again but in between visits and until the weeds die you still have weeds, its a constant cycle of having weeds - killing weeds - having weeds - killing weeds.

The service has a good value because it's not cheap to buy weed b gone and it does take a while to apply it yourself.

Also to be fair, I have read that if you don't have a lot of grass it is hard to keep weeds away no matter what you do, and my grass is patchy.

More about Weed Man Toronto

The Toronto Weed Man franchise has been proudly serving the North York, East York, Willowdale, Downsview, and Metro Toronto areas for 25 years! We are the industry leader in organic lawn care!
Looking for Weed Control pros in North York?