Farad Electric

Reviews for Farad Electric

Mike from Ontario
Mike from Ontario

Home Panel Upgrade 100 to 200 AMP (fuse to breaker) gone completely wrong

Farad goes by the names Farad and Fred. He has ESA / ECRA # for Master Electrician but the work was below code until the Hydro Inspector corrected him. He wanted to put a dryer breaker for a stove!!! He made a hole in my brick veneer by mistake?!? He took 1 month of delays. He overbilled me by $700. His work is terrible eg. the sloppy work back filling the hole with brick and not dumping cement from his bucket on the footsteps. A student could do a better job. Stay away from his services.

Jacob Thomas from Oakville
Jacob Thomas from Oakville

Bathroom Fan Vent

My house did not had bathroom exhaust fans on 2 of my bathroom. In summer I starting looking for some electricians to install the exhaust fans for my both bathrooms. I called up so many electricians but none of them will do the installation of the electric fans and ductwork for the exhaust fan. When I called up Farad he promised me to do the wiring as well as the duct work for the exhaust fan for a reasonable price. So I decided to go with this guy. He completed the work in 3 -4 hours and the fans were pretty quiet as well as powerful. I was quite impressed with him.

During the late Fall, I found that water coming out from one of the fan as drops and the ceiling was wet around the bathroom fan. From the other bathroom fan there was some weird sounds coming from the fan and so so noisy. So I called up Farad and asked him to come by and take a look. He turn up one hour late and I showed him the issues.. He went to the attic to have a look. After a minute he me to get a cup or something to drain the water from the vent. I gave him a small bucket and he came back with almost 1/2 filled bucket.. I was amazed.. Then went to the attic to have a look. I was terrified how he did the job.. completely shocked.. He used an uninsulated cheap flex duct and he loosely nailed the end of the duct to one of the air intake of the roof peak. I told him he have to connect the duct to the roof using dedicated roof vent. He replied me that he has done like this for all his previous installations.. and everywhere its working fine..

I told him to either connect the vent to the soffit or to the roof.. he denied and complained that my attic is so cold.. So I asked him to remove it from the intake roof peak and it will collect water on the vent and simply put that to the soffit.

Now I will have to call another guy to fix this mess..

More about Farad Electric

Farad Electric: 416-452-4851 Residential-Commercial We are certified and insured electrical contractor We are doing valuable job, Fast and Clean. -Lights: * Fixture lights * Pot lights * Garden lights -Appliances: * Oven and Stove *Hot Tub * Base Board Heater * Microwave and Coffee maker * Dryer and dish/ cloth ...