Countertops
17 Enterprise Ave. Unit I Ottawa ON K2G 0A7
HomeStars  >  Countertops in Ottawa  >  Granstone

Reviews for Granstone

Great customer service

I worked with Gina to order a granite sill for a bathroom tile project. She was a pleasure to work with and made the entire process painless. They offer a beautiful selection of granite and tiles. I would highly recommend them for your granite project.

it was great working with you.

Kitchen Reno

I managed this project for my parents. Jennifer Curry was so helpful and accommodating. She made this project easy. The completed job is so beautiful and my parents love it. Very professional. The backsplash that Mike installed had perfect rows even around the corners. Looked beautiful before it was grouted. Thank you

we are happy you had a pleasant experience with us.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen Reno (counters, sink and faucet)

Jennifer Curry and the rest of the Granstone staff were terrific. After being mistreated at multiple other competitors, Jennifer took the time to walk us through the entire process, she provided excellent advise and was very friendly. From the templating to the installation, everything went very smooth, was on time and our new counters, sink and faucet look better than we expected. Their price was also the most competitive by a substantial amount and I would definitely recommend Jennifer and Granstone to anyone.

it was great working with you.

New Kitchen Countertops

We were extremely impressed with the professional staff at Granstone and the level of service we received during the whole process. A very positive experience from start to finish! We can't stop admiring our new countertops. Thank you Granstone, we would highly recommend your company to anyone.

Susan in Ottawa
Susan in Ottawa

Kitchen countertop installation

From the moment we contacted this company to the finished project we were impressed with the high level of professional work ethics displayed by all of the employees. We are thrilled with our new counters and would not hesitate to recommend Granstone to anyone considering installing granite countertops. Our old kitchen has been transformed!

thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you.

Mike
Mike
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Granite countertops and backsplash for the kitchen

Dan from Granstone just finished up grouting the tiles and the kitchen looks great. I was telling Dan how nice it looked even before the grouting. He said 'wait until you see it grouted'. He was right. Wow! Paige was an awesome 'lead' on the renovation. Her suggestion for the backsplash tiles was absolutely the right choice. It was a pleasure to be involved with everyone in the process. Lanie, at Blackstone, who showed us the piece of granite we chose was very nice and my wife and I quite enjoyed working with her to choose our countertop. Solo, Dan, Peter (the plumber), Kenny and Jimmy all worked very hard to do a good job. There were a few hiccups along the way. The plumber called me out to the kitchen to say that the hole for the faucet was too small and off center. Solo was here super quick and with the help of Dan, got the pieces of the faucet through the hole. They also showed that the faucet was not off center (just the writing on the sink was a bit to the left). So that worked out. Solo also looked at a mark we found on the granite. I think we all had a hard time figuring out exactly what it was. Some of us thought it was a pencil mark. They tried to erase it. Nope, not pencil. Solo had Jimmy buff it and it still didn't go away. (You could not feel a scratch). The reason they tried buffing was they thought the mark was possibly from a tool. We ended up deciding it was just a natural mark in the granite. There were a couple of mistakes, but they are not big deals. I just thought I would mention them. We were hoping the piece of granite going through the opening between the kitchen and the dining room would have been two inches wider on each side of the opening in the wall. However, I realized that we could add the 2 inches to each side only after we took the moulding off and Solo had already done the measurements. I called Solo who said it could be done, but somewhere in the communication process, the message got mixed up and we got what he measured originally. Not a big deal - I will just change how I will do the moulding around the opening. Actually, Jimmy gave us a great suggestion that I think we will go with (barn board - to match our kitchen). Also, when my wife and I talked with Paige, I thought it was decided that the metal piece that would surround the tiles would be white (I may be wrong). The piece put in is silver. Again, not a big deal as it still looks fine and the silver goes with the kitchen also. All in all, it was an enjoyable experience. I tend to stress about things being done, but felt quite comfortable in all the capable workers' hands. I like dealing with people who do a great job and take pride in their work. I also like dealing with people/companies that have good karma and I feel that way about Granstone and all the people who represented the company on this job. Dan was here the longest of all the workers on the project and he was amazing and I think he represented Granstone very well. He is a very skilled and talented person.

Bathroom renovations

Thank you Granstone. We are very satisfied with our bathroom renovations, in our two bathrooms. We had the privilege of having Levi do mots of our renos and he was amazing. From the drywall, to the mudding, to the painting, to installing the tiles and shower his work was amazing. His attention to detail, eye for design and his professionalism made this project all the more pleasant.

Thanks Levi and the rest of the team at Granstone! A special thank you to Paige for all her great ideas!

Granstone made it all possible!

it was a pleasure working with you.

roch in Toronto
roch in Toronto

Highly Recommended

We went to Granstone and met with Gina who showed us their wide assortment of Quartz. We explained that we were doing a kitchen renovation and that the vendor we had dealt with previously on our project, headquartered in the eastern region of QC, were a no-show on the day of installation, and in addition, that there would be a 6 to 10 week (or possibly more) delay in the delivery of materials from their own supplier. The excuse from their director of client services was: "We can’t be held responsible for the manufacturer fault on delivering material on time." Our response was that of course they could be held responsible and that we were voting with our wallet. Hence our coming to Granstone.

With her keen eye for colors and patterns, Gina helped us with the selection of Quartz to best match the color scheme of custom cabinet color and flooring. She lent us some full sized samples (not just little 4x4 pieces) for a few days so we could compare them in situ. Once we had made our selection, the measurement was scheduled for the very next day as she knew we were on a tight schedule, having missed the previous critical milestone of our project. When he came to do the measurements, we explained to Solo, Granstone's Director of operations, that the previous vendor told us that they would not be able to make the cutout for the large sink without 4 seams around it, or else they would need to increase the size of the stone piece from which to cut out the sink. Since we did not want any seams near the sink, we had to pay for a larger piece, which made the number of square feet of stone go up by 8 square feet, and at $89 a square foot it added much more to the bill. Also because there was a difference of 1/2 inch between the front and the back of the width of the counter, this vendor told us that they had to charge us an additional $175 of additional labour for heavy lifting since they needed to manipulate the stone to drop it in place and could not just slide it in. As soon as Solo from Granstone arrived to take the measurements he said that this was not an issue, that he would adjust the size of the stone to fit and would reduce its width by the size of the back splash tile. When they installed it, it fit perfectly. Solo also said that there would be no seams around the sink cutout and that it would not be necessary to increase the size of the piece of stone to ensure that there would be no seams. So it turns out that those extra charges by the previous vendor were bogus or that Granstone is simply smarter about how they do their technology and their business and don't mislead their customers.

The installation went very well. The two gentlemen that showed up were very pleasant, and we soon found out that one of them had actually cut the counter himself! Talk about an end-to-end service! The installation went smoothly and rapidly. When the plumber arrived a few days later to hook up the sink he stated that the hole was not large enough to fit the sink with the clips attached on their side. He also stated that he would not take responsibility for installing the sink over the counter with silicone. We contacted the sink manufacturer and they supported the use of silicone without clips as long as the sink was properly weighted down while the silicone was drying. We contacted Solo at Granstone and he agreed to take responsibility and to come do the silicone that very night so the plumber could come back quickly and finally get our kitchen back in service. Even at 7pm in the evening after a very long day on the road he was pleasant and joking around and, being an inveterate professional, he wanted to ensure that we maximized the weight and weight distribution over the sink while the silicone dried and he agonized over every detail. Overall our rating for Granstone is simply 'top notch'. Highly recommended.

it was great working with you. hope to work again in the future.

Quartz Countertop

Hayley is the best.... ! This is our 3rd job with Granstone and we are very happy with their work. Hayley showed me a special on quartz and was able to have it in within a few days. Installation was on time and done beautifully. See you on the next one !!

thank you for the kind words. looking forward to working with you again in the future.

Arlene in Gloucester
Arlene in Gloucester

Quartz Counters

I hired Granstone to install new Quartz Countertops. Their service was second to none, pricing was competitive and workmanship impeccable.
The office staff and installers are very professional and easy to deal with.

I would highly recommend Granstone!

thank you Arlene. it was a pleasure working with you.

More about Granstone

www.granstone.ca
Granstone is an Ottawa based leading provider of custom and semi-custom granite and natural stone countertops for kitchen, bathroom and other residential and commercial applications. We approach each and every one of our projects as if it was our own, and strive to make the entire experience a positive one for our clients.

Unlike our competitors, we do not offer a one size fits all solution but instead tailor to your specific needs. By utilizing proven fabrication and installation techniques, we are able to deliver beautiful countertops while staying on budget every time.

We have recently moved our new location is 17 Enterprise Unit I Ottawa Ontario K2G 0A7.