Certified Mechanical

Certified Mechanical

Reviews for Certified Mechanical

a.g
a.g

Same day repair of fridge/freezer.

I called for a same day repair and Kurt was there by 4:00. He called in advance to confirm and had the work done right away. He followed up with a phone call (I sent him to a rental unit and I wasn't there) to walk me through the issue and it's cause. Pleased with the quick and thorough service.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for giving your time to give us a good review , we really appreciate it , you can count on us on your next service call, thanks .

Anthony S.
Anthony S.

Dishwasher repair

My dishwasher suddenly stopped emptying, and (it's not the newest) I feared for its life and supposed I would have to replace it. However in an expertly swift visit Anthony Pabustan got it working, and told what to do if the same thing happened again. He came within 2 hours of being called and his visit wasn't more than 15 minutes - expert, courteous and very quick. I was really grateful.

Thank you Anthony for a good review , I'm glad your satisfied with our service . We hope will be at your service again in the future. Thanks again

Mzhull854
Mzhull854

Service

Hey there !

I really like the service that
Certified Mechancial proves
Quick reliable and trustworthy.

Thanks for the amazing service

Hi,

Thank you for giving us a great review, we always strive to give our customers fast and efficient service, thank you again

Dishwasher

I called Certified in the morning and comfirmed the same day the service same day and fixed my Bosh Dishwasher .Certified tech.very profesional and honest.I would highly recommend them to my friends and relatives.

Hi,

We are happy to hear your satisfied with our service, thanks for great review, we really appreciated it

Eric L.
Eric L.

Boiler Repair

certified_mechanical_company_logo.JPG Certified Mechanical
416 908 6993
29 Lloyd Avenue
Toronto
M6N 1H1

We tried to turn the heat on to our boiler but it started making a scraping sound so we found Certified Mechanical through a google search. They came the same day and the technician, Dan, was very efficient at diagnosing the problem. We needed to change the Circulation Pump, but not the motor. When we tried to call the manufacturer, they only wanted to sell us the whole Motor with Pump which would cost us 3x more than Certified Mechanical's quote. Overall a pleasant experience and would recommend them.

Hi Eric,

I'm glad your satisfied with our service , thank you for giving us a good review.

Rose
Rose

Fridge repair

Anthony came same day service when I called for a service in the morning . My fridge wasn't cooling and by the time he finish fixing it , the fridge back to normal again , he very efficient and the knowledgable . Thanks Certified Mechanical for fast service.

Thanks Rose for giving us a great review , we appreciated it. We always here to serve you when you need any appliance repairs . Thank you again

dindoperez21
dindoperez21

Washing Machine

Excellent job, very good service!! Raul was very professional and efficient. I would highly recommend this company to my friends and associates!

Hi Dindo,

Thanks for your time to gives us a good review , we are glad your satisfied with our service , you can count on us on your next appliance repair , thanks.

Steve
Steve

Fix my washer

Certified mechanical did a great job fixing my washer. And needed a transmission but he manually fixed it. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone and everyone

Hi Steve,

Than you for you great review , I hope your enjoying using your washing machine again, thanks again.

Sarangan in Mississauga
Sarangan in Mississauga

AC Unit (Commercial)

Called up Certified Mechanical to take a look at our AC unit (which happen to be a commercial unit). The issue we were having was that it wasn't cooling our entire office.

Danny came in from CM and ended up fixing our unit in a matter of hours. He had our entire office cold, efficiently & quickly.

Thank you for your business and review!

JF in Toronto
JF in Toronto

Refrigerator Repair

Certified Mechanical installed a non-functioning defrost timer that lead to the refrigerator icing up, slowly warming up and ultimately reaching a dangerously high temperature a few months later. After taking out the defrost timer that Certified Mechanical had installed, I noted that it had the word "BAD" marked in permanent marker (see photo).

In January, Certified Mechanical was hired to repair a refrigerator that had stopped running. The technician got the refrigerator running again by fiddling with the temperature dial. To prevent the issue from re-occurring, the technician suggested replacing temperature control thermostat and the defrost timer. I agreed.

In June, I noticed that both the refrigerator and freezer were considerably warmer than they should be. Emptying the freezer, I found a thick layer of frost. I took out the back panel and found the entire heat exchanger encased in ice, suggesting a defrost issue. I removed the defrost timer that Certified Mechanical had installed. Using a multimeter, I tested the timer for continuity in the two modes, which it passed. However, when plugged in place, it is clear to see that the timing mechanism does not run. More incredible, written on the side in black permanent marker was the word "BAD". It appears that the technician had installed a used, malfunctioning timer. I paid over 300$ for this service.

Luckily I had kept my original defrost timer, so I tested it for continuity and tested that its mechanism activated correctly when plugged in. After letting the freezer cool down, I forced it into defrost mode and confirmed that the defrost heater was functioning. I put everything back together and now have a working refrigerator again.

I contacted Certified Mechanical by email and explained what had happened, and received no response.

While I understand that mistakes happen, it is difficult to imagine how a clearly deffective, used defrost timer came to be installed. Is it standard policy to install used parts? Furthermore, as I learned, testing a defrost timer takes less than 2 minutes. A test would have shown quickly that the newly installed timer did not function. This lack of professionalism is not worth the cost of the service, not to mention the health risks posed by a warming refrigerator.

I'm hoping this review helps Certified Mechanical rectify the problems that lead to this situation, or that at the very least, it informs future customers.

Job No. 5579

------EDIT------
The technician only came once, and there was no ice build-up at the time. The details below are incorrect or belong to another customer.

----UPDATE----
I called Certified Mechanical, and they apologized for the situation and offered to fix the issue, though since I have already fixed it myself, there is nothing left to do. Still, I appreciate the sentiment.

I leave my original review as-is as it still represents the facts. Hopefully this type of issue will be avoided in the future.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi JF,

Thanks for your email , as we checked this work order , we found out the tech repaired your fridge last January and he found out the freezer was full of ice buildup , he spent 2 plus hours to defrosted the ice and replaced the defrost thermostat . Then you call back again after 3-4 days and said the the fridge is not working again , so we send him back and he said , he replaced the defrost timer and test the unit again , it's ok . He wasn't aware that the timer he installed was used. He never charged you for that timer and the 2nd visit anyway because we are honouring our warranty
You said you email us about the issue again but we have receive any email from you. If you just call us we definitely correct this issue again for you like what we did when you call us back last January. Without any cost to you. I'm sorry for this miscommunication, just call us if you have any concern, thanks.

More about Certified Mechanical

Your Appliance Repair and HVAC Specialists!

When an appliance breaks down at your home you need immediate service–from appliance repair professionals who are knowledgeable, experienced, and efficient. Certified Mechanical gives the best appliance repair service in the GTA. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and have been getting a steady stream of loyal customers as our reputation begins to spread. Whether you’re just around the shop, down at the beaches, downtown, North York or all the way in the west bordering Mississauga we’re your local HVAC specialist for your heating, cooling and air quality needs.We service all kinds of appliances.

- Properly Insured
- 24/7 Call Centre
- Over 30 Years of Experiance
- TSSA Licensed Technicians
- Good standing with BBB
- One Year Warranty
- Affordable and Reliable
- Major Appliance Repair

We repair all types of household & major appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, stoves and more; servicing all makes and models. You can Trust Certified Mechanical In fixing your appliance Problems. Certified Mechanical only hires the best trained expert to Repair your broken appliance.