Reid James Renovations Ltd.

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in Oshawa  >  Reid James Renovations Ltd.

Reviews for Reid James Renovations Ltd.

Karen Fountain in Oshawa
Karen Fountain in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Rob and his team transformed my very dated sad older home main floor. His vision to blow out our main floor walls and heighten the ceilings opened the space to a beautiful dream living space. The attention to detail was amazing. I love my open concept kitchen and the functional window box they created under my front wind. I'd recommend Reid James for any project big or small! Loving my new space!!

Rob and Kristal Appleby in
Rob and Kristal Appleby in
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Entire House Reno.

We are submitting a review partway through our reno project with Reid James Renovations to express or opinion of the process so far.
my wife and I made the decision to renovate our entire house this would include additions to our existing foundation and main floor complete new layout throughout the existing first level and an addition of a second level with quite a few onsite challenges including reclaiming existing bricks demolition of a large brick chimney and a very large concrete slab in the backyard. We spent months talking to friends family neighbors and anyone that would speak about any renovation project that they had gone through... after doing so I was never more uncomfortable. We discovered that the horror stories are 10 to 1 everything from the financing of projects to scheduling and workmanship. We came to the conclusion that for some odd reason people just don't spread the word about good experiences as much as the love to speak about the bad ones so using this platform to review our experience is something we feel is very important.
I did not hesitate when choosing Reid James to take on a project that by completion will be the largest purchase of my life.
After meeting Rob And Nicole Tanner I knew we found a fit for our needs for a couple of reasons. They care... about your project and your money and all things in between. They always pick up the phone and answer all questions I have had . Their Knowledge for the renovation process has been a big help for us and has proven itself even at this point of our house reno. Their crew has been fantastic respectful of our property and neighbors. They surprise us almost daily with the progress that they can complete they defiantly show up to work and are a major contributor to the 5 star review. I could type this review for days and truly cannot say enough positive things about our experience so far with Reid James and will follow up with another review after completion.

Thank you Rob and Kristal, we appreciate your time in leaving this review. Your project is no small undertaking, but the transformation will be incredible and an amazing space for your family to enjoy over many years. On a job of this scope there will always be a thousand questions (and there should be!!)- we are always here to help. Glad to hear the crew has been amazing, I'll be sure to share your thoughts with them.

mike69 in Toronto
mike69 in Toronto

den, basement, 2 bathrooms

Finally finished our renovations; Rob and his crew did excellent work, were respectful, conscientious and kept pretty much to the stated schedule; the only hitch was a problem with the vanity, beyond Rob's control, that delayed the completion of the bathroom. Even though it wasn't his fault Rob went above and beyond to make things right for us, even installed a small temporary vanity at his own cost so we weren't inconvenienced. He has been very amenable to the few additional things we requested and kept the extra costs at a very reasonable level. Before the renovation we had a concern about our foundation and Rob came out, no charge & on his own time to look at the area of concern and put our minds at ease. We would definitely recommend this company and would hire him again.

Thank you Mike ... We are glad that you are so happy with the service and the work. You have been so easy to work with; everything from coordinating scheduling details to pro-actively calling with payment installments before even being asked is amazing. I look forward to seeing the finished product, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions along the way.

trinibec2000 in Oshawa
trinibec2000 in Oshawa
1 review Portage la Prairie, MB

structural repair

First time using Reid James Renovations Ltd. and I would Heartily recommend them if you're in the market for skilled, diligent and honest results. Rob and his crew, as well, completed the job ahead of schedule, cleaned-up after themselves (which I have found to be an issue with other tradesmen) and !Bonus!--charged me much less than the quoted price! Will definitely use their services again in the future. Prime.

Thank you David... Your comments are truly appreciated and we appreciate the time you took to leave them. Glad your happy with the job- we look forward to hearing from you again in the future. Pleasure was ours!

lindsayc in Toronto, Ontario Canada, M1C
lindsayc in Toronto, Ontario Canada, M1C

New Deck

Our second experience with Reid James Renovations! We used them to build us a new deck this past spring. They did such an amazing job. We had them install wrap around bench seating, and they didn't miss a detail. They made sure to do the seat at the proper height, they even angled the back rest slightly so it'd be more comfortable for sitting. We used composite decking and Rob was great at giving recommendations on what would look good with the cedar wood. We used his suggestion and couldn't be happier with the turn out! Looking forward to using him for our next project!

Wow Lindsay- it's so nice when customers appreciate the small details!! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your new deck over the summer ... Can't wait to hear what's next?? Thank you from Rob, Nicole and the whole crew.

John
John

Framing of complete house and separate shop.

Complete framing project. Very personable easy to get along with. Great suggestions for other trades. A few very small conflicts were settled with ease. Never worried about any aspect of this job. I witnessed another job done with speed and quality workmanship. Really can't say enough about this company and their employees. For a worry free experience or someone to put those doubts to rest give them a call. I would definitely use them again. I don't know how to change the location but I'm in Hampton,Ontario.

Hi John- thank you for the great review!! You're new home is going to be awesome- let us know if we can help with any of the finish. All the best. From Nicole, Rob and the crew!

Danny H. in Whitby
Danny H. in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Basement DryWall Repair

Yes, ReidJames was doing work for my neighbour and I asked if he would give me an estimate to repair by basement which had water damage. The estimate was for repair and painting. The cost was fair and the workers were excellent. All were very polite and did there work well. I was expecting a big mess when they finished because of the dry wall dust. But instead, they had cleaned up and we just put the furniture back. I have made arrangements to have them change by flooring in the spring. This is the company to call.

Thank Danny- we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others looking for renovations. Looking forward to working together again soon. All the best.

TylerP in Oshawa
TylerP in Oshawa
1 review Millbrook, ON

Basement Renovation and Kitchen Installation

Needed Reid James Renovations in a hurry and they came through. Kept the cost reasonable and did over the top work. Above and beyond service. Thanks guys! Couldn't have asked for a better crew.

Hey Tyler- you've been a great customer for us and we appreciate the referrals and positive review. You're whole house has transformed since we started on the job and it looks great! Enjoy.

More about Reid James Renovations Ltd.

Make your house a home with Reid James Renovations Ltd. ; create something beautiful for your family to enjoy and love. We have been providing general contracting services for more than 25 years that have transformed kitchens, bathrooms, outdoor decks and living areas, basements, additions, garages, framing, custom homes and ...