Joel Zhou

Ollie in North Leaside
Ollie in North Leaside
7 reviews North York, ON

Repair BBQ ilne leak

My neighbor mentioned they smelled a gas leak from our backyard BBQ (rotten egg smell). After an initial investigation, I assumed there was a leak after the shutoff somewhere between the joint coupling and the quick connect sleeve. I'm generally comfortable with doing basic plumbing, but working with gas was more daunting. After receiving a bunch of quotes from some well known HVAC companies, the bids came in at around $200 to an insane $450 to fix the leak. One day I was home from work, and randomly searched Kijiji and found Joel Zhou, a TSSA gas technician. I called him up, and he said he could by in a couple hours same day and quoted me $100. He came and a did a leak for the gas flow chain, and found numerous leak points with the BBQ itself. The hose was cracked and the coupling at the BBQ was loose. So this was more so a user error than a real problem with the gas shutoff and quick connect. But he still replaced them at my request with the newer parts. (My original shutoff required a crescent wrench to turn on and off). Overall, I found Joel courteous and thorough and I'll call on him again for future gas related home issues.