Sprinkler Systems
Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Reviews for Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Matt from Brampton
Matt from Brampton

Amazing friendly service

John and his team replaced mine and my neighbour's lawn and installed an irrigation system. The work was completed on time and on budget. The team was very friendly and courteous. I could not be happier with the sprinkler system he installed, my lawn is the best on the street. thank you very much guys!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Home irrigation system

Terrific job. Would be more than happy to recommend this company
John and his crew put an irrigation system at our home in Mississauga. The installation estimate was accurate and their work was excellent. They are knowledgeable and the equipment they installed is of good quality. They are certainly not a “fly by night” company
Their attention to detail was a pleasant surprise. They even caulked around the water line exiting the house

Colin in Oakville
Colin in Oakville

Irrigation system

John and the team did a good job installing my irrigation system. He specifically asked me to write a review on Homestars, which I happily did.

However, the post-service is where things went downhill. Understandably there are going to be issues (adjustments needed, no pressure etc) which I would happily pay for, but every time I reached out to John for a service call he did not return the calls/texts until usually the 3rd or 4th time I reached out.

Eventually he just stopped responding all together. I realize they are busy but the customer service was just not there. I also feel that's it's offside to only care about the initial review before moving on. Next time I will definitely go with another company and I would suggest the same to others.

I've actually never written a bad review about anything before but in this case I felt it was warranted.

AnnMarie Pareta in Toronto
AnnMarie Pareta in Toronto

Irrigation install and backyard lawn reno

My lawn was a disaster with weeds and due to the dry summer we had early in the season, I had given up on maintaining it. John came to look and gave me a very reasonable quote for an Irrigation install for front and back, and a complete reno of my lawn in my backyard.
The Green Valley team is efficient and very professional. They came on time, worked well together, and completed the job in a day. They even repaired some parts of my front yard and you couldn't even tell they had cut lines in the front lawn to install the irrigation hoses and sprinklers.
They made sure everything was clean before they
left. John showed my son and I how to use the sprinkler timer control panel that was installed in my garage and thoroughly explained the different settings and functions. Great customer service! I would definitely recommend Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

New Sprinklers

John and his team have been prompt from the first enquery clean job and very friendly even with service calls afterwards
Ask for John by name if you need irrigation work
Thanks so much
Larry Mississauga

Thank you Larry, we appreciate the kind review.

Mal in Oakville
Mal in Oakville

Irrigation leak

This is the second time I have used John in the last few years. He is an honest and trustworthy. My irrigation pipe was leaking, John popped by and fixed it very quickly.

Thank you for this kind review. We do our best to satisfy all our clients.

Ellen in Brampton
Ellen in Brampton

Sprinkler system installation

The best company in the GTA!!!!!
I am so pleased that I’ve made the right decision to go with these guys, they were potential, hardworking n reliable.
Never a problem if you call for questions or need a repair.
They stand behind their work 100%!

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Amazing work and amazing follow up service

John and his crew came to my home last summer to install an irrigation system. They were fast, efficient and left zero mess behind. They showed me how to use the programer and control unit and said they would return later once I had a fence up to install the rain sensor.

One year later, the greenest grass in the neighbourhood and they returned back to install the rain sensor and adjust some heads and didnt even charge me to come out.

John and his crew are solid. The reviews speak for themselves. It's so hard to find good customer service these days and John and his staff at Green Valley really nailed it.

Go with Green Valley for all your irrigation system. You won't regret it.

we take great pride in what we do. Thank you for your repeat business and publishing this great review!

Cristina in Toronto
Cristina in Toronto

Installation of Sprinkler System

I called John, from Green Valley, the day after I had my property fully landscaped with new sod, trees, plants, and flowers (when I realized there was no way I would be able to maintain it myself!).

They literally came the next day and, although they dug trenches all over my yard to run the irrigation system, and ran hoses around all of my newly planted trees and flowers, my property looked totally untouched by the end of the day.

Not only were they responsive, professional, and a pleasure to deal with, they did such an amazing job with keeping my landscaping intact. Months later everything is green and growing. I highly recommend this crew.

Sahil1120 in Brampton
Sahil1120 in Brampton

Sprinkler System

Great service by far.... John and his staff are the best and very professional. John gave us a very reasonable and good price. He came on time and completed the job and made sure everything was clean before they left. Great service and customer service and always returned our calls when we had questions. We would definitely recommend this company.
Jackie and Steve Brampton East

More about Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Green Valley Irrigation offers complete solutions to your irrigation needs. We specialize in engineering state-of-the-art water conscious irrigation systems using industry established technologies maintaining reliability and economy. We are well-versed in the latest equipment and installation techniques that will ensure a water-efficient system, maintaining reliability, and competitive pricing. It is important to provide this expertise promptly and courteously to our customers.

We realize your time is extremely valuable, so we will come onsite for an initial consultation that will outline the basic requirements and review important factors needed to complete your irrigation needs. To ensure the highest-quality installation and optimum operation of your sprinkler system, we will send a Professional Irrigator who will provide a professional design for planning and ease of viewing. We'll work with you to define a plan of action to meet your personal and financial requirements. And after installation is complete, we will show you every detail of the proper operation of your new irrigation system. We make sure all the steps are taken to perform the service at the your convenience.

Here are several key characteristics to look for when evaluating the water efficiency of a lawn sprinkler system:

Matched-Precipitation Rate Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads on a given circuit should be the same type (e.g. rotors, pop-up spray, etc.) and have matched precipitation rate (in inches per hour). Heads with differing precipitation rates have widely varying operating times, which can lead to the over-watering of one area in order to sufficiently water another.

Head-to-Head Coverage
sprinkler installation Turf pop-up sprinkler systems are designed to operate with head-to-head coverage, where the spray from one sprinkler head reaches to the next, resulting in necessary overlap. Precipitation rates are based on the assumption of overlap. Places where the sprinkler's spray pattern does not overlap are likely not getting sufficient water and may develop brown dry spots. These spots indicate the system has low "uniformity" of coverage. To compensate, one has to run the sprinklers for longer times to get adequate water to the dry spots, while the rest of the lawn is getting over-watered.

Precipitation Rate That Does Not Exceed the Soil's Infiltration Rate
Based upon soil characteristics, water will soak into the ground at differing rates. Sandy soils have high (fast) infiltration rates, while clay soils have low (slow) infiltration rates. If the precipitation rate of the sprinkler heads exceeds the soil's infiltration rate, then runoff and erosion occur (especially on slopes). On flat ground, this will also lead to piddling. If your sprinklers' precipitation rate exceeds the infiltration rate, lower precipitation rate heads can be installed, or you can shorten your watering times and use multiple start times (e.g. 3 start times at 5 minutes each at 1-hour intervals instead of 15 minutes all at once) to allow the water to soak into the soil.

Appropriate Water Pressure
Each sprinkler head is designed to operate within a certain range of pressure, typically around 40 to 50 pounds per square inch (PSI). When water pressure is too low, the sprinkler head will emit large drops and likely will not produce the proper spray pattern or a radius that reaches to the next head. If pressure is too high, the head will produce a fine mist, which leads to water loss due to evaporation and "fly-away" in even light winds. In addition, high pressure can lead to over spray and a distorted spray pattern, along with many other problems.

Clean, Even Spray Pattern
If the spray pattern of a head is distorted, browns spots may develop on the lawn. This may be caused by blockage in the screen or in the nozzle itself, and the head may need to be cleaned. If this does not fix the problem, the nozzle may be worn and needs to be replaced.

There should be no wasteful over spray onto sidewalk, patio, driveway or street. If there is over spray, replace the nozzle with another with the appropriate spray pattern (e.g. 1800 instead of 3600) or relocate the sprinkler head.

Vegetation or other objects should not obstruct the spray from the head. Trim back vegetation or raise the sprinkler heads as needed. This will increase the system's uniformity of coverage.