Ontario Downspout Service

Gutters & Eavestroughs
260 Bartley Drive Toronto ON M4A
HomeStars  >  Gutters & Eavestroughs in North York  >  Ontario Downspout Service
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Ontario Downspout Service

Stuart & Cherie in North Toronto

Recent heavy rainstorms had damaged an undersized downspout and caused some basement leaking, despite a previous added drain. Harvey began assessing our problem from Google Earth before arriving to take a closer look. Ontario Downspout upsized our eaves to 6" and our downspouts to 3" X 4", adding a 30' foot pipe to get water even further from the house. The company found an opening within three weeks, came on-time, completed the work and cleaned the site in a day. During the work Mark and his crew replaced some damaged soffits and fascia. Mark was courteous and efficient and genuinely cared about his work. Generally an excellent experience.

Job Price

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's means a lot to us that you appreciate the work. We always do the best job that we can. Look forward to working with you again. As always referrals to family and friends are greatly appreciated.

George

Our eavestroughs were badly in need of replacement and our roof was nearing the end of its useful life. I called Ontario Downspout Service and Harvey Stone came out shortly afterward to get up on the roof to look at the eavestroughs and the condition of the roof edges. With the number of trees surrounding our property, we decided to follow Harvey's advice and have leaf-guard installed in the eavestroughs. A few days later, Harvey's son Mark Stone also got up on the roof to take a better look at the whole roof and chimney. We got separate quotes for the two jobs (roof and eavestroughs); they were very clear about what the work entailed and also about the possibility of the price going up if they found any surprises under the old shingles or eavestroughs - rotten roof or fascia boards. Although they don't do chimney work, they did let us know that our chimney also needed some repairs and that it should be done before the roof and eavestroughs. We did have the chimney repaired - that will be a different review.

Once the chimney work was done, we let Mark Stone know we were ready for him to come in and we were scheduled for shortly afterwards. Some of the jobs ahead of us in the queue took longer to complete because of the number of rainy days we have been having this summer but our number came up in mid-July. A dumpster and shingles were dropped off one day and the next day, Mark arrived early with a full crew and they soon got to work. They did a couple of 12 hour days and after a forced day of rest (noise bylaws) came back the next day to finish the job. They left the work site spotless after the job was done and were very careful about not dropping debris from the roof onto any of our belongings or onto neighbouring properties. Mark went over a number of decisions with me about the locations of downspouts, where they should discharge the water, and how to deal with a couple of tricky angles. I was impressed with the attention to the safety of the guys up on the roof and with the organization and cleanliness of the whole outfit. And I was also happy to hear that all our roof and fascia boards were in good shape so that there would be no additional costs. The roof, eaves, new flashing and downspouts all look terrific. Our neighbours have been admiring the roof - the work itself is a good advertisement for the company.

Job Price

Thank you so much for the detailed review. It means a great deal to us that you appreciate everything we did for you. I'm also extremely pleased you and your neighbours are so empressed with the work. Look forward to working with you again. As always referral to family and friends are greatly appreciated.

jback
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

The team from Ontario Downspout was fast, neat and delivered as promised. Everything they replaced looks great and through all the rain we have had recently, absolutely no issues! I would use / recommend this company.

Job Price

Thank you so much for the feedback. It was our pleasure. We love referrals and look forward to working with you again. Cheers.

Pugman in Toronto

I had a great experience with this company. I live in Thornhill. The father (Harvey) and the son (Mark) were a joy to work with.
They went above and beyond 2 ways:
1) they put me at the top of the list because I had water coming into my basement
2) they also did a soffit repair during the trough install that had come up, at no extra charge.
When they initially met with me, they came up with a plan to improve water drainage away from my foundation:
1) we went from 3 to 5 downspouts, plus, the diameter of the downspouts was increased.
2) also we went with a 6" trough across the back of my house. Alot of times water had been flowing over the trough in heavy rains and right down the foundation wall.
3) downspout extension pipes on the ground level were increased significantly
The work was high quality. For example, the brackets were placed every 12 inches on the new troughs. The old troughs had brackets every 24 inches.
The work crew was polite and punctual. They were hardworking and the entire job was done in 1 day. They kept the job site clean.
In summary, if every company treated a customer like Ontario Downspout Service treated me and my wife, the world would be alot better place! Much thanks Mark, Harvey and crew!

Job Price

It was our absolute pleasure working with you. Thank you so much for the review. You were an amazing customer to work with. I hope that we have helped with the basement flooding. Look forward to working with you in the future. As always referrals to family and friends is greatly appreciated.

Lachlan

I worked with Harvey to get a quote for my eaves and fascia replacement. Harvey showed up on time, was very thorough and candid and offered some good changes for my house. In the end we had to cancel the project within the initial 10 days of the contract but I would highly recommend them based on my experience.

Job Price

It's a shame that you were unable to finance the project. We understand this and can appreciate financial hardship. We hope to work with you in the future. Referrals to family and friends are always appreciated.

Joel McGurrin from Old Toronto

Another long overdue review - Mark replaced my eavestroughs in December, I think it was their last job of the year. It was very cold but they did a great job. Mark also provided some advice around re-arranging the downspouts to a different side of the house.

Job Price

We love long over due reviews. It's always our pleasure to help and provide professional service. Look forward to working with you again. As always appreciate referrals to family and friends.

This review is long overdue, but very deserving.
Mark and his crew originally came to replace our eavestrough, but after an inspection told us that we had to replace our roof asap. He was so concerned that they were willing to reschedule the work they were supposed to do the next day.
Mark quoted the price and said it would take two days to complete. He was true to his word and there were no surprises when it came to the final invoice.
Mark and his crew were very professional, courteous, efficient. Mark is very knowledgeable and answered all our questions patiently.
I would not hesitate to refer him to all our family and friends. Thank you Mark and Ontario Downspout crew for the awesome work!

Job Price

It was our pleasure. It means a great deal to us that you appreciate everything we did. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We'll continue doing what we're doing. It is also great to hear you would refer us to family and friends. Look forward to seeing you again.

Scott

Harvey and Mark were absolute professionals to deal with from the quote to the installation. The work that was done in replacing our eaves and installing the sofits was great, his team were efficient and clean up any mess that was made during the install. The finished product totally met my expectations. I highly recommend Ontario Downspout Services.

Job Price

Thank you so much Scott for the feedback. We're glad to know we've satisfied another customer. Great to know you would recommend us to family and friends. Look forward to working with you in the future.

Nikki Baker from Thornhill

Mark Stone and his crew are a perfect 10. Mark's attention to detail, organization and expertise resulted in the completion of an exceptional job. It was a real pleasure meeting Harvey and Mark and knowing that they would take care of all my needs and requests. They are very relieable and give a solid warrantee. Mark
communicates well and their price was very reasonable. Mark went above and beyond what you normally expect a company to do in completing the job. Thanks Mark see you in the fall.

Job Price

Hey Nikki, thank you so much for this amazing review. It really makes us happy that you appreciate everything we did for you. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall. As always referrals are greatly appreciated.

tyronbreytenbach1@yahoo.com from Toronto

These guys were great, very responsive and knowledgeable, they showed up on a long-weekend to accommodate my schedule and completed the job quickly and cleanly. I have already noticed the difference in effective drainage following strong spring showers.

Job Price

We never stop for our customers. Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm so glad we were able to resolve the drainage issues and improve the look of the house. Look forward to working with you in the future. As always referrals to family and friends are greatly appreciated

More about Ontario Downspout Service

Ontario Downspout Service is a family-run company with expertise in: Eavestrough Installation, Soffit & Fascia, Siding, Roofing, Trenching and Downspout Disconnection. Servicing Toronto and the GTA, Ontario Downspout Service guarantees quality and reliability at affordable pricing.