Original PostHole Diggers

HomeStars  >  Fences & Gates in Aurora  >  Original PostHole Diggers

Reviews for Original PostHole Diggers

Alan Smith, Toronto
Alan Smith, Toronto

Do not bother to call anyone else!

After having to fire two contractors I called these folk. Had to wait almost a month for a time slot but I'm really glad I did. They could not have been more professional, more pleasant, more efficient!
24 perfectly aligned posts in one and a half hours. No mess, no fuss
and no bother. If everyone was half as good as O.P.D. life would be so much easier.

Thank you Alan. It was a pleasure working with you. We hope your new pup is enjoying his fenced yard.

Russ in
Russ in
0 reviews Gormley, ON

fence post holes

These guys are fantastic!! On time, fast, efficient and pleasant crew - I never thought 9, 4' deep post holes could be dug, concrete poured and posts precisely placed and levelled in about an hour!! This service is worth every penny, and allows me to take my time with the easy part of installing my stringers and boards. thanks again and would not hesitate in recommending this company

Beverley in Newmarket in Toronto
Beverley in Newmarket in Toronto

Posthole installation (14)

Excellent experience from start to finish. Found "OPD" on Google. First contact was with Mary who was very informative and friendly. Shane and the team arrived on time and before starting the job he took the time to listen to my vision for the location of the 14 posts to be installed. Their professionalism was obvious from the start and their teamwork is admirable. Their respect for my property and the adjoining neighbour's was greatly appreciated. I am anxiously awaiting the spring to have them back to install another 20+ posts. I would recommend them to anyone looking for this service. As a true DIYER, I am thankful I hired "OPD" :)

Thank you Beverley, we look forward to working with you again in the spring.

Jaime in Oakville
Jaime in Oakville

Fence post

Bad job, post not vertical, invaded my neighbor property. They take NO responsibility on their mistakes. Shane did a really bad job. Some post not in agreed deep. I CAN NOT recommend this company at all.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Deck Footing Installation

Shawn & crew drilled & installed sonotubes/concrete for 15 deck footings in less than 2 1/2 hours on Aug 3, 2015. They phoned in advance to indicate their arrival time (as promised), were courteous, provided advice on deck construction, and even assisted with replacement of a fence post (not part of my contract). Prior to this, Mary was very helpful in making arrangements so the installation could occur.
I would definitely hire this company again and have already recommended them to neighbors who will build a deck next year.

Dustin Winfield from Oshawa
Dustin Winfield from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Concrete footings

I have hired Shane and the Original Post Hole Diggers several times for deck footings, and once for fence post setting. As a professional deck builder, it is a no-brainer to hire out the footing process when possible. Shane and his crew are professional and Shane's experience shows. Also, Mary is very friendly and easy to book appointments with.

They have been very accommodating whether I just need 4 or 5 footings, or 12+ levelled with each other perfectly.

I look forward to working with you in 2016 Shane and Mary, thanks for your hard work!

Jane  from Oshawa
Jane from Oshawa
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Post holes for fence

We contracted Original Post Hole diggers to come and dig 9 post holes for us.
From the first contact with Mary to the digging and setting of posts today, we are super impressed with this company and the professional work that the crew did for us.
We would recommend them to anyone, quick and efficient, courteous and hard working, and the finished job is excellent!
Thank you!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to not only call me but to post this review. We have shared your comments with our staff and they were just as appreciative as you. Kind regards, Original Posthole Diggers

chris hayes from Mississauga
chris hayes from Mississauga

deck and fence footings

I contacted Original Post Hole Diggers and talked to Mary as she explained the different prices which are clearly marked on their website. On the day the work was to be started Mary called & said if it was okay they would be there earlier then our appointment. Shane arrived & realized that I did not have all the clearances needed to start the work. Shane realized that it was not my fault & did not charge me the $250.00 for having to leave & come back another day. An honest Contractor. Thanks to Trans. Canada Pipeline the person noticed that Ontario 1 Call misspelled my e-mail. Again Shane and his 2 helpers were early and started immediately working without breaks Shane changed Home Depot`s Deck Design explaining that it is not their fault as they do it from Home Depot not the work site. Shane used a laser level that measures to within 1 millimeter as the 20`X30` composite deck has a hot tub & a tree. I have to say that it is worth the extra price to have the deck leveled before you start your project. Shane is very easy going & explains what he is doing as I would ask questions. The 11 fence posts were dug 4`deep for the 4X4 posts to be cemented & aligned to within an inch. There was a miss communication that I had purchased pre-made fencing and that is fine as this happens at times. I would highly recommend to hire Shane & his crew again as the attention to detail as well as making sure the customer is happy with the work he stands above the rest and his prices are very reasonable. As I stated earlier he is an HONEST Contractor that only works with locate clearances even though he knows there are no cables in the backyard. I will post pictures later as the project is still on going.

mike from Toronto
mike from Toronto
4 reviews North York, ON

Digging and Setting Posts

I am utterly impressed by the professionalism and excellent work Shane and his crew displayed at my property. Shane and crew arrived on time and were extremely friendly and efficient workers, and dug every hole to the required depth and in the exact marked location - even when they hit some stump trouble.

Post digging/setting may seem like a DIY project, but after seeing the ease and speed it can be done with the proper machinery, I will call Shane for every deck footing/post setting job in the future.

Was just a great experience for a great price.

West End homeowner from Toronto
West End homeowner from Toronto

Deck posts

Shane came and did the job but he used bad concrete. When the footings collapsed in the spring he said he knew he got some bad concrete. He did not tell any customers and others had called. Instead he waited for it to fail...the footing were for a deck balcony. He came back to fix it but left the old concrete in my yard and I had to pay to get rid of it. Given the lack of care and after work service I'd take a pass on them next time.