Universal Piano Services

HomeStars  >  Piano Moving & Tuning in North York  >  Universal Piano Services

Reviews for Universal Piano Services

Jenn & James in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Ilya has an amazing choice of pianos which he guarantees. I do not know how to play the piano yet, but with a few simple questions he was able to narrow down a few potential uprights. He played the pianos for me so I could pick a sound I was happy with. He was patient, kind and knowledgeable.

Ilya was very helpful and kind while I was picking my piano. I was able to find one that suited my budget and a sound which I liked. Highly recommend, I'm looking forward to receiving my piano.

Dan from Toronto

Ilya is a wonderful helpful expert who doesn't pressure you into any particular sale. We spent an hour trying out various small uprights, and eventually settled on a beautiful piano which is now in our rec room. Prompt delivery, and excellent service. Thanks Ilya!

Elena in Oakville

I bought a great perfectly tuned piano with a lifetime warranty for such a low cost! The selection was great, the team is very professional and delivery was just one day and free! It was a great experience!

Julie G from Scarborough
5 reviews Ajax, ON

We had a wonderful time selecting the perfect used piano with Ilya's help! He was very friendly and knowledgeable, allowed us to take all the time we needed to make the right choice, and he didn't try to upsell us even when we expressed our interest in some more expensive options. Ilya offers a top-notch customer service experience, and you will not regret going to him for your used piano purchase!

Jo-Anm in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

I found Universal Piano Services in my online search for a used piano. I originally considered going private and found several options through Kijiji and Varage sale but after considering the price of the delivery and then getting someone to come in to do the tuning it started to add up. After speaking with Ilya at Universal Piano, he was so friendly and funny that I knew right away I wanted to check out his warehouse and to my delight it was a very pleasant experience. Ilya is easy going, accomodating and very knowledgeable. We bought a beautifull restored German piano which was delivered to my home in the east end which Ilya kept referring to as the North Pole. They will also come back in a few weeks to tune the piano after it has had a chance to set though it already sounds amazing. Bottom line is I strongly recommend Universal Piano !!

Lynn in

I found Universal Piano Services in my online search for used piano warehouses in the GTA. Several websites had given them great reviews and I was both optimistic and apprehensive at first, but was definitely not disappointed with the experience! I called and spoke with Ilya, the owner, and we set up an appointment really quickly and Ilya was very accommodating of the time request. The place is a warehouse with a small office and besides the technicians who do the restoration and refurbishing of pianos, Ilya is essentially the only one to show you around, hence the need for an appointment. Ilya was great and very personable. He's very knowledgeable on pianos in general and knows his stock very well. He knew exactly which ones to show us when I described what we were looking for.

The warehouse carries both a good selection of uprights and grands. Ilya also partakes in the design and process of the pianos refurbished. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there. It was professional, efficient, and expedient (I was in and out with a piano purchased in under an hour :)). The prices were very good and a long warranty is included, plus free delivery and tuning with the purchase - you can't beat that. I would definitely come back if I were to purchase another piano and have recommended this place to some friends already!

1 review Ajax, ON

My husband and I have been searching for pianos for the past two weeks. We found this piano warehouse online and decided to go check it out on a whim last evening. We were thoroughly pleased with the selection of pianos available, as well as the price ranges. Ilya was very patient, informative and helpful as I tried out many pianos, searching for the perfect one that matched all of my criteria. He was friendly and honest, and definitely made searching for this piano an enjoyable one. Thank you for your kind service, Ilya! I look forward to my piano being delivered later this week.

Rahul Tekaram in

I am just grateful for this company and Ilya Vilner who sold me an upright piano today. Now I have a piano to practice playing a whole variety of music, and soon will start piano lessons to get a much larger experience in the music category. I thank you Ilya for selling the piano for a decent price!

Mother in Mono, Ontario in Orangeville
1 review Orangeville, ON

Found the company via a web search. After 12 years on an electric piano, it was time to move our family to the real thing, but pianos are expensive! How to do this without breaking the bank account?
Ilya has a great selection of used, refurbished pianos that he guarantees the work on. SO much better than finding a piano on Kijiji where you have no idea if the instrument has inner damage. Ilya guided us to the instruments he had in our price-point, my son played the same piece on each of them and then made the choice based on the feel and tone of the instrument. We couldn't be happier with our lovely Yamaha. A beautiful piano for a fabulous price. THANK YOU ILYA!