Plumbing

Reviews for Plumber.ca

gtreusch21
gtreusch21

Check valve repair.

This company came with a quote of $129 for a service call . They sent an amateur plumber who didn't even know what a sewage pump was. The check valve for the sewage pump was working and the leak around it was fixed by a friend. We just wanted to varify that the repair was done properly by adjusting a clamp and tightening it. That stopped the leak. This company came in an old unmarked truck and the guy they sent spent most of the time in the truck talking to his office. Even though the check valve was still under warranty this guy was going to replace it . About a 15 minute job. He was going to charge $650 for this so we stopped him.and he still charged us $166 for doing nothing. We called his office and all Mike could do there was scream at us.

WarningU2 in Burlington
WarningU2 in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Exorbitant And Late

My elderly parents had a leaking kitchen faucet in their condo and contacted plumber.ca early in the morning. They said they would have someone their soon as they were in the area. Several hours later a non English speaking person showed up and quoted them nearly $2,000 to replace the faucet. He spent most of the time on his cell phone consulting with head office, when my father asked for a cheaper faucet and price. The plumber.ca "plumber" said it was the only quote they were prepared to make. My father refused and asked him to leave but he had to pay a $199.00 service fee for nothing. This was exorbitant for only showing up talking on a cell phone. They ultimately had the faucet replaced a few hours later for $300.

Rupert in Toronto
Rupert in Toronto

Negligent, Never Hire, Ridiculously Expensive

A case of negligence, do not ever hire. “Satisfaction Guarantee” on their website means nothing. They tell you in person that they don’t guarantee anything. What kind of customer service is that?

If they fail to fix the problem, they will just charge you again and again until they figure out what the root cause is (shouldn’t that be part of the consultation fee????).

Hired for an emergency commercial job to repair a sink pipe backup. Exorbitant fee to even visit your site (many competitors do not charge an estimate fee). Only called them because they happened to be available the day we needed them. Despite promising 24/7 service though, they were not able to revisit for days when we needed them right away.

Charged for completing the job even though less than 12 hours later, the problem arose again and completely - backed up, flooding, leakage everywhere. Owner rudely refused to send his tech out to complete the job despite misdiagnosing the problem. We know the extent of how poorly the job was done now that a second plumber from a different company came in and straight away identified the root cause.

The second plumber said the tech from Plumber.ca should have known that something else was wrong given the condition of our pipes, and at the very least should not have charged for coming back out to fix the EXACT SAME problem we began with.

Erin in
Erin in
1 review Simcoe County, ON

basement leak

THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN.
A contractor uncovered a leak in our basement coming from the city water line. Our water source had to be shut off, and the contractor called around and plumbers.ca was the only plumber that said they could come that day. They said they would be there in 2 hours, 5 hours later they showed up. They did the work, left, we called the city and were charged for an after hours call. Sure enough, the water turns back on and the supposed fixed pipe is spewing water everywhere. My husband had asked for the plumber's cell phone number in case this happened, and turns out the plumber only gave him the main line #. The main line # kept telling us someone would call us. No one ever did. We followed up a few times, with the same answer, until we started getting an answering machine only. Then, the answering machine was full. No one ever called back, no one ever came back. We had to have another plumber in two days later, still with no water supply to the house, who told us what the plumber.ca guy did would never have worked. They charged us close to $1000 for shoddy work and never showed their faces again.

Michelle in Toronto
Michelle in Toronto

Emergency leak repair

I wish I could give this company zero stars. When I called for a leak in my kitchen ceiling they said they had someone "in my area" and it would be an hour or so. It was 8pm. I called back at 9:30pm to check on the status and they said the plumber was just finishing another job and would be over soon. I let them know I had a tenant upstairs and we couldn't get into the unit if it was much later, he assured me it would be fine. Called again when no one showed up at 10:30pm and tried to cancel. They said the plumber had already been dispatched and they couldn't reach him (of course this wasn't true, he had a cell phone).

Then I called repeatedly and no one answered to cancel because it was nearing midnight and way too late.

The guy finally showed up after 12 midnight and didn't diagnose the problem after a quick glance. We went upstairs to look at the tub and he said it could be coming from there but he wasn't sure. He didn't even get up to look into the hole where the leak was (I had already ripped down the drywall). So basically, in 10 minutes he did absolutely nothing and I was still charged $200 for the visit which he said was a discount because I took down the drywall myself. Oh, but he was on his cellphone speaking to a friend while gazing up at the hole. I wrote a disappointing review of the service on the form given and called repeatedly over the next few days to complain and request a discount or refund. No one ever answered, no one returned my calls.

I wished I had called anyone else! Even if you are desperate for a plumber, please call around don't waste your money on this terrible company.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

leading toilet

We made 2 big mistakes! First by calling this Co. and next
paying a ridiculous invoice of $ 1.115.00 (incl. taxes and fuel cost of $20) for a simple job involving replacing a flange along with a rubber seal and wax ring! (app. 35min) Other quotes received after the fact were in the $300 range. which were around $300.00. We have
tried to negotiate a reasonable rebate, but to no avail. The answer
(excuse) is that they are an Emergency Co., hence their these rates. . Other co. contacted said same rate regardless. now dealing filing a consumer complaint with the ministry. DO NOT CONTACT THIS CO.
with the Ministry.

Hi.

I apologize. Thanks for your feedback.

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

This company should be illegal

We called this company and the "dispatcher" said ok, we will send a plumber and have the driver call you, then was very good at getting off the line. I asked for a rough quote but he said the plumber would walk me through it. The plumbe then called and let me know that there was a $99 fee for showing up, but would have to look at the blocked drain to give me a price. When he arrived he pulled out his book at quoted $468 for blocked drain. Why couldn't he have said that over the phone? Because he knows I would have told him not to come. They fixed the drain temporarily but not now will not return my calls. These guys are not honest and should be shut down.

Jay in Toronto
Jay in Toronto

Re-align drain trap to tailpiece under new bathroom vanity.

The plumber was polite and prompt but I found the service to be absurdly overpriced. Required a simple re-alignment of the sink drain trap to sink tailpiece. I stipulated when I called that it was not urgent and not an 'Emergency Call'. I was told that the pricing was the same either way. The original quote started at $335 but the final bill was $615. I was told during the installation when additional work was required that the quote would go from $335 to $449 (before tax), yet the final bill came to $525 (before tax)!?!? The final work by the plumber was also sub-par. My attempts to contact Plumbers.ca have been unsuccessful. My calls have not been returned.

Hi, Jay.

I apologize that the work was not up to our usual standards. And appreciate your concern regarding the pricing. Thanks for your feedback.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Emergency Call out Price Gouging - poor Service

Called them to deal with a leak. Took over 8 hours to get there then quoted $600 for job that subsequently had done for less than $250. Their call out fee was $300 additional after hidden costs not declared at the time of the call and by comparison to another plumber that was $35 call out fee. The other plumber turned up in 90 minutes and was one third the price. Plumber.CA is not worth it and not to be trusted to provide good value and service.

Hi.

We appreciate your feedback.

More about Plumber.ca

24/ 7 Emergency Plumbing & Drain Service. Plumbing Repairs & Installations + Toilets / Sinks / Showers / Baths / Faucets / Bathtubs / Leaks / Laundry / Urinals / Pump Repairs + Drains & Sewers + Clogged Drains / Camera Inspections / Electric Snake / Sewer Backup / High ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Oakville?