Plumbing

Reviews for Plumber.ca

Rupert in Toronto
Rupert in Toronto

Negligent, Never Hire, Ridiculously Expensive

A case of negligence, do not ever hire. “Satisfaction Guarantee” on their website means nothing. They tell you in person that they don’t guarantee anything. What kind of customer service is that?

If they fail to fix the problem, they will just charge you again and again until they figure out what the root cause is (shouldn’t that be part of the consultation fee????).

Hired for an emergency commercial job to repair a sink pipe backup. Exorbitant fee to even visit your site (many competitors do not charge an estimate fee). Only called them because they happened to be available the day we needed them. Despite promising 24/7 service though, they were not able to revisit for days when we needed them right away.

Charged for completing the job even though less than 12 hours later, the problem arose again and completely - backed up, flooding, leakage everywhere. Owner rudely refused to send his tech out to complete the job despite misdiagnosing the problem. We know the extent of how poorly the job was done now that a second plumber from a different company came in and straight away identified the root cause.

The second plumber said the tech from Plumber.ca should have known that something else was wrong given the condition of our pipes, and at the very least should not have charged for coming back out to fix the EXACT SAME problem we began with.

Erin in
Erin in
0 reviews Simcoe County, ON

basement leak

THEY'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN.
A contractor uncovered a leak in our basement coming from the city water line. Our water source had to be shut off, and the contractor called around and plumbers.ca was the only plumber that said they could come that day. They said they would be there in 2 hours, 5 hours later they showed up. They did the work, left, we called the city and were charged for an after hours call. Sure enough, the water turns back on and the supposed fixed pipe is spewing water everywhere. My husband had asked for the plumber's cell phone number in case this happened, and turns out the plumber only gave him the main line #. The main line # kept telling us someone would call us. No one ever did. We followed up a few times, with the same answer, until we started getting an answering machine only. Then, the answering machine was full. No one ever called back, no one ever came back. We had to have another plumber in two days later, still with no water supply to the house, who told us what the plumber.ca guy did would never have worked. They charged us close to $1000 for shoddy work and never showed their faces again.

Michelle in Toronto
Michelle in Toronto

Emergency leak repair

I wish I could give this company zero stars. When I called for a leak in my kitchen ceiling they said they had someone "in my area" and it would be an hour or so. It was 8pm. I called back at 9:30pm to check on the status and they said the plumber was just finishing another job and would be over soon. I let them know I had a tenant upstairs and we couldn't get into the unit if it was much later, he assured me it would be fine. Called again when no one showed up at 10:30pm and tried to cancel. They said the plumber had already been dispatched and they couldn't reach him (of course this wasn't true, he had a cell phone).

Then I called repeatedly and no one answered to cancel because it was nearing midnight and way too late.

The guy finally showed up after 12 midnight and didn't diagnose the problem after a quick glance. We went upstairs to look at the tub and he said it could be coming from there but he wasn't sure. He didn't even get up to look into the hole where the leak was (I had already ripped down the drywall). So basically, in 10 minutes he did absolutely nothing and I was still charged $200 for the visit which he said was a discount because I took down the drywall myself. Oh, but he was on his cellphone speaking to a friend while gazing up at the hole. I wrote a disappointing review of the service on the form given and called repeatedly over the next few days to complain and request a discount or refund. No one ever answered, no one returned my calls.

I wished I had called anyone else! Even if you are desperate for a plumber, please call around don't waste your money on this terrible company.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

leading toilet

We made 2 big mistakes! First by calling this Co. and next
paying a ridiculous invoice of $ 1.115.00 (incl. taxes and fuel cost of $20) for a simple job involving replacing a flange along with a rubber seal and wax ring! (app. 35min) Other quotes received after the fact were in the $300 range. which were around $300.00. We have
tried to negotiate a reasonable rebate, but to no avail. The answer
(excuse) is that they are an Emergency Co., hence their these rates. . Other co. contacted said same rate regardless. now dealing filing a consumer complaint with the ministry. DO NOT CONTACT THIS CO.
with the Ministry.

Hi.

I apologize. Thanks for your feedback.

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

This company should be illegal

We called this company and the "dispatcher" said ok, we will send a plumber and have the driver call you, then was very good at getting off the line. I asked for a rough quote but he said the plumber would walk me through it. The plumbe then called and let me know that there was a $99 fee for showing up, but would have to look at the blocked drain to give me a price. When he arrived he pulled out his book at quoted $468 for blocked drain. Why couldn't he have said that over the phone? Because he knows I would have told him not to come. They fixed the drain temporarily but not now will not return my calls. These guys are not honest and should be shut down.

Jay in Toronto
Jay in Toronto

Re-align drain trap to tailpiece under new bathroom vanity.

The plumber was polite and prompt but I found the service to be absurdly overpriced. Required a simple re-alignment of the sink drain trap to sink tailpiece. I stipulated when I called that it was not urgent and not an 'Emergency Call'. I was told that the pricing was the same either way. The original quote started at $335 but the final bill was $615. I was told during the installation when additional work was required that the quote would go from $335 to $449 (before tax), yet the final bill came to $525 (before tax)!?!? The final work by the plumber was also sub-par. My attempts to contact Plumbers.ca have been unsuccessful. My calls have not been returned.

Hi, Jay.

I apologize that the work was not up to our usual standards. And appreciate your concern regarding the pricing. Thanks for your feedback.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Emergency Call out Price Gouging - poor Service

Called them to deal with a leak. Took over 8 hours to get there then quoted $600 for job that subsequently had done for less than $250. Their call out fee was $300 additional after hidden costs not declared at the time of the call and by comparison to another plumber that was $35 call out fee. The other plumber turned up in 90 minutes and was one third the price. Plumber.CA is not worth it and not to be trusted to provide good value and service.

Hi.

We appreciate your feedback.

Plumber.ca

Replace main shut-off valve to house meter

DO NOT Use this company. Simple job required, to replace 3/4" main valve that shuts off water to house, as original would not shut off water completely. Dispatcher could not/would not quote on the fact that we knew exactly what was required - advised that Tech when onsite would assess and quote, however required $199 'service charge' (did not mention $20 fuel surcharge!), which would be removed from cost of job. Tech arrived, and quoted $1500.00 just to remove old valve and install new - a simple 30-45 min job for the experienced plumber. I refused the job, and told them I would not proceed with the work, as it was overpriced. I was stuck with the $199 service charge + $20 fuel charge + taxes!. Horrible disclosure of costs, especially for a simple valve replacement that they must due quite often and should be able to quote over the phone, and would not need a Tech to assess , thus incurring service cost and a ridiculous quote.

I called a local plumber, who provided a quote over the phone - came the next day, and did the whole job for $175 + the cost of the $25 ball valve! Big difference from $1500. Plumbers.ca is a joke - with unscrupulous predatory practices on those home owners that are in a panic and know no better, and desperate for what generally is a simple repair and are getting gouged. This company should be reported to the Better Business Bureau!

Ryan M in Oakville
Ryan M in Oakville

Way too Expensive! Over $300 to turn off the water on dishwasher

Way too Expensive! We had Plumber.ca (Oakville Plumbing) come look at our leaking dishwasher. After turning off the water and telling us we had to buy a new part and install on our own they charged is $323

Hi, Ryan.

I apologize for the experience. We have made several changes to staff and are striving to ensure our professionalism and accountability are consistent moving forward. Thanks for your feedback.

gina in Stoney Creek

2178 Queen Street East
Toronto
M4E 1E6

My Dads toilet was overflowing he has dementia. Called Plumber.ca
waited 4 hrs...called numerous times. They finally called at 00:40am my sister had left already as it was after midnight. They came next morning. I was there this time. plumber used hand auger to remove half a comb and a plastic bag Dad had thrown in .. the plumber advised me the other half of comb was missing. He flushed the toilet a few times and left. Next morning it was overflowing again. Called back advised the problem, dispatcher told me it would be same price, which was $442.00 for 15mins work with hand auger. So now we are at $884.00 plus tax for something that was never fixed in the 1st place. He yelled and screamed at me hung up on me a few times. In the end I called another company they came in 15mins finished the job in 15mins , he removed the other half of the comb that was left over from the day before and charged me $99.00...Are you kidding me? I will facebook tweet, instagram, do whatever I have to to expose these guys, this is a disgrace.

Hi, Gina.

I'm sorry to hear this. Please know there have been changes to both staff and management as we strive to improve professionalism and accountability moving forward. Thanks for your feedback.

More about Plumber.ca

24/ 7 Emergency Plumbing & Drain Service. Plumbing Repairs & Installations + Toilets / Sinks / Showers / Baths / Faucets / Bathtubs / Leaks / Laundry / Urinals / Pump Repairs + Drains & Sewers + Clogged Drains / Camera Inspections / Electric Snake / Sewer Backup / High ...