Northern Rock Landscape & Design

Northern Rock Landscape & Design

Reviews for Northern Rock Landscape & Design

Sherri Leclair in Mississauga
Sherri Leclair in Mississauga

Front pad and walkway replace

Zachary and the team made my dream of removing old, ugly and crumbling stamped concrete and replacing with beautiful Techno-Bloc stones a reality. I couldn't be happier with the finished project and the amazing design they developed for us. Zachary was very responsive and wanted to make sure everything was just the way I wanted it. I was away on business the final days of the project and he diligently sent me photos and videos of the progress every step of the way. He went over and above and it was appreciated. The crew was punctual, polite and very hardworking.

Andrea Willams  in Brampton
Andrea Willams in Brampton

Landscape Design and Construction

The landscape plan was exactly as we had envisioned and on site was work done in a professional and detailed manner. The project was completed as promised and everything turned out as we had hoped for. We have received numerous compliments on the outstanding work done by Leader Landscape Construction. I highly recommend Northern Rock landscape & Design their services for any landscaping project, you will not be disappointed.

Emily  in Pickering
Emily in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

interlock patio and walk way

Zach and his crew were absolutely fabulous!
Zach came up with a design with what we described, but couldn’t visualize. It was incredible, modern and clean lines while complementing our older home.
From start to finish , the team was professional, hard working and always willing to answer questions.
I would recommend Northern Rock to anyone who wants a professional team who does beautiful work.

Mike in Mississauga
Mike in Mississauga

Backyard Re-vamp

Brought in Northern Rock to replace the pad in our backyard with a new interlock pad which would extend further than our previous one, as well as revamp the look of our backyard. After seeing the design we were really excited to see the outcome of the work, and words cannot describe the immaculate job that was done by Zach and his team. They turned our backyard from a place we would not like to have company come to see into the envy of the neighbourhood. I cannot thank Zach enough for all the hard work he and his team put into creating the backyard we always wanted. Absolutely amazing job done and would highly recommend to others looking for landscaping needs.

metcalfnicole in Mississauga
metcalfnicole in Mississauga

Back yard interlock and fire pit

In the spring of 2017, we had big plans to interlock most of our back yard, including two sets of stairs, a fire pit, retaining garden walls, and a large BBQ area. Zach from Northern Rock provided numerous 3D drawings - which was so nice to have - and brought by stone samples. All of this early collaboration is what helped us decide to go with Northern Rock. We booked with 1/2 down at the end of March with the expectation that the project would take 3 weeks and would be complete in June.

Nothing went as planned. In April 2017, they tore down our fence as we were going to replace it and in May, they dug up the back yard to begin preparing the area. And then, they disappeared, leaving us with a dirt back yard for the entire summer. Over the summer we tried dozens of times to contact Zach. When we were able to get a response, he always said they would be there soon or next Monday and then they never came. For 6 weeks, they left a large pile of dirt at the end of our driveway. With irate neighbours, we hired a bin and shoveled the dirt into the bin to remove it.

For the entire summer, I could see online (Instagram) that he was working on large pool projects. We obviously weren't a priority. Our work really started mid-October, on and off, until December. On December 12th, it snowed and we had had enough. They left the back yard a mess. In the spring, there were coffee cups, large drill bits, rulers, stone pieces and shavings, and even socks in the yard for us to clean up. The interlocking work wasn't properly finished either, so we had to put down extra polymer sand and many of the stones, including the steps below are loose.

Buyer beware. After mentioning lawyers, we feel lucky that they actually returned and attempted to finish the work in October.

Mrs Kings
Mrs Kings
1 review Burlington, ON

Good job if you don't mind the details or a timeline

Overall our backyard looks nice and is comparable to the original design that was provided however the job was completed by Oct/Nov when the original timeline was July!! We were not able to use our backyard for the whole summer and had we known it was going to take several months to complete we would have not proceeded with the job. There was also a lot of damage to our front yard and driveway that was created by all the gravel that was dumped not to mention one of our brand new gutters was also damaged and not replaced. We also noticed that after we paid them there were pieces of the stairs missing and one of the corners has fallen off. After opening the pool this year (2018) we have also now discovered that they did not reinstall the pool stairs and our garden shovel is missing. Lastly, there was a lack of communication throughout the entire process in regards to the timeline. This project was a disaster! Definitely wouldn't not recommend.

Review has 1 previous version
Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Backyard Oasis

I needed my pool surrounded redone as it was a classic 80's special. Northern Rock Landscape and Design had done some work at my mother's place so she arranged for them to give me a quote. Not only did Zachary provide a great design, and a detailed quote, he was willing to work with me to accommodate any and all changes I thought of along the way. As the project moved along I kept expanding the scope and Zachary was always very willing to provide quotes and offer creative solutions to accommodate the changes. His work was amazing and my backyard now looks like a magazine. He is always willing to go the extra mile. I could not be happier and would be willing to recommend Zachary and Northern Rock Landscape and Design to all my friends. In fact, I already have.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Rush Job on Short Notice

We needed our front and backyard lawns dug up and re-sodded asap. We called Zach in late-August, which is almost impossible to find anyone available to do a job in such short notice, let alone so late in the season. Zach and Devon were able to squeeze us in and did a quick and fantastic job. They were both pleasant to deal with, hard-working and cleaned up during each stage of the job. We are very happy with them being able to squeeze us in and the quality of the job they did.

Deb in Oakville
Deb in Oakville

Front patio

Zack and company arrived a day early to prep the site. The next morning at 8:30 , they were levelling and placing stone. The job was completed in less than four hours. Immaculate cleanup too! Very happy with the finished project.

Steve in Milton
Steve in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Hardscape Design & Installaiton

Zach is a very honest and caring individual who truly cares about his customers and his workmanship. From the conceptual 3D design, to the finished installation I've felt completely comfortable throughout the entire process. As with any major projects, issue will arise, but its how its managed, handled and communicated is what's important.

The 3D design really provided an excellent visualization of what the final product was going to look like. Zach's ability to bring designs to life is impressive. We went through many, many iterations of what we wanted and each time Zach was very quick and easy to deal with. It gave us the confidence to select Northern Rock Landscape as our preferred contractor.

The Northern Rock contract and 3yr warranty are professional prepared and it demonstrates the commitment they have to their workmanship.

Overall a good experience and I'm sure his future customers will feel as comfortable as we did. Thx Zach

project was awesome Steve is a great guy! I wish I could upload the photos. The project was 23k not 12

Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Mississauga?