Formerly Nicoloff Painting and Design

Reviews for Minor Detail Matters

dipardo in Mississauga
dipardo in Mississauga

Porch Column

I saw Benjamin working in the neighbourhood, and asked if he could come by to fix the column on my porch. He did a great job redoing the old, rotting pole with MDF with a nice design and finish. I would recommend Minor Detail Matters for renovations like this in the future. Benjamin was very professional and friendly and I'm happy with the results.

Thanks for your review! Just to make sure the right product gets credit. We used an exterior grade product called Extira, specifically designed for outdoor trim work. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Dave from Burlington
Dave from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Garage drywall

I found Benjamin on Homestars and asked for a quote. He was in contact with me very quickly after requesting a quote. He visited and with in 72hrs I had my quote. Ben was able to schedule me in along my project timeline and did the job on time and on budget! Will definately use Benjamin and Minor Detail Matters for all of my Drywall needs in future!

Thank you for your review Dave. It was a pleasure working with you. You knew exactly what you wanted and communicated your expectation clearly. Glad we were able to complete your project and thanks again for your review.

Benjamin Nicoloff

simon
simon

Dishwasher installation where there was no existing rough-in

This was my second time hiring Ben, and it's been great, just like the first time.
We had Ben install a new dishwasher for us in a spot where we had no existing rough-in. He carefully dismantled the cabinet without damaging the adjacent cabinets. He went above and beyond with the detailing to make it like the dishwasher was there all along.
He was professional and friendly, and cleaned up everything perfectly before he left.

Thanks Simon! You were amazing to work for again as well. Very clear communication about expectations, helps make the process for us much smoother. Thank you for for trusting us with access to your home, we look forward to working with you again!

Benjamin Nicoloff

Cathy in Toronto
Cathy in Toronto

Basement drywall

We needed to have the drywall replaced in our basement after we suffered water damage. Benjamin responded to my request for a quote within half and hour and came out to provide us with an estimate within a day or two. Work was started and completed in the agreed time frame and we are very pleased with the quality. Communication with Benjamin throughout the whole process was excellent and we would definitely use him again and recommend to anyone undertaking a home reno.

Thx Benjamin and crew for making this process so easy!

Thank you for your review Cathy! We look forward to working with you and your family again. You were an excellent host and easy to work with. Thanks again!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Drywall work

Ben patched my kitchen backsplash, ceiling holes and painted the ceiling. Really pleased with the finished result. Ben was on time, responsive and professional. I will work with him again!

Thank you for your review!

Patrick.obrien2 in Oakville
Patrick.obrien2 in Oakville

Drywall Repair

Ben was extremely professional, pleasant, diligent and helpful. He repaired some drywall for us in the bedroom and we are really happy with the work. Definitely recommend Ben for any projects you have in your home. Patrick

Thank you for your review Patrick! You and your family were great to work for. If you need any help in the future we're more than happy to help out.

Thanks again!

Matt in Toronto
Matt in Toronto

Wall repairs

We had the electrical wiring replaced in our heritage house and the electricians left around 40 holes in the walls and ceilings. Benjamin did a great job fixing all the holes and also removed a popcorn ceiling in one of our bedrooms. He did such a great job on the ceiling in our kitchen that a family member had thought I had already repainted it before I had, it blended that well.
Would recommend

Thank you for your review Matt! You have a beautiful house and it was great working with you and your family. We look forward to helping you guys out again in the future. Thanks again for your kind words.

Minor Detail Matters

Drywall repair, remove popcorn ceiling and living area Painting

Ben was great and showed care for details when he repaired the drywall, removed popcorn ceiling and painted in my living area. He also provided professional idea and suggestions for improvements. He didn't mind come back to fix couple minor issue and always be pleasant to help. Thank you Ben.

Thank you for your review Alice. We had a great time working for you. We're looking forward to future projects with you.

Gino in Toronto
Gino in Toronto

Wall opening

When Benjamin contacted me he was polite and accommodating to meeting with me to review the project which included the opening of a wall section to improve our view from our condo. He detailed all of the necessary steps in his quote and a timeline for completion which he stuck to, along with maintaining a very clean dust free environment. Both these factors were very important to me.

As for the quality of the work, he is true to the name of his company, Minor Details Matters. Every detail from a flawless blending of the ceiling and existing walls, flooring adjustments, baseboards, paint and overall finish were impeccable. All with a smile, respect and courteousness. Well done Benjamin!

Thank you for your review Gino. I had a great time working with you and your wife. I can't wait to help you guys out again, you were amazing hosts and very generous. Thank you for all the fruit, it definitely kept my energy up.

Thanks again, look forward to working with you in the future!

Andrew M.
Andrew M.

Interior Door install

We wanted 5 interior doors replaced, painted and installed with new hardware. Additionally, two of the doors were not closing properly and required adjustment.

Benjamin was very friendly, punctual, and the quality of work was very good. He made sure we received exactly the type of doors/hardware that we wanted and made sure all the doors close properly like they should.

Compared to other quotations we received, he was very thorough in his breakdown and his pricing was competitive.

We are extremely happy to finally have a reliable contractor for our future projects that we can trust, and have already recommended him to family for other work.

Thank you for your review Andrew. It was a pleasure working for you and your family. We look forward to helping you again in the future!

More about Minor Detail Matters