Cove Power

Joe Heilman
Joe Heilman
12 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Electrical Sub Contractor

I talked to Dave about working on our future projects at Heilman Renovations that are typically worth $5000. I can confirm that Dave is professional and a good communicator! Highly recommend Dave and Cove Electric!

HomeStars in Vancouver
HomeStars in Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Upper floor rewiring and upgrade of electrical service

The Cove Power team were diligent and professional in their approach to remove old electrical circuits and wire in new plugs and light fixtures.
In addition a new breaker panel and an upgrade to the electrical service was completed.
The end result was that all the new fixtures, circuits and breakers work as intended. Cannot be more pleased with the results.
Thank you to the Cove Power team.

Thank you HomeStars in Vancouver! We appreciate your review!
- Cove Power

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Replace an existing ceiling fan

Several months ago I called Dave for a quote on installing a new ceiling fan. I already had a fan in place and was looking to upgrade. Dave came over looked at the place and gave me a quote for a couple of hours and a price around $200.
About a week later his electrician came over to do the job and immediately realized the ladder he brought was not going to work (I have high ceilings). Strange considering Dave had been in my place and seen the height of the ceilings. So off he went to get a different ladder returning about 1/2 hr later.
He then proceeded to remove the old fan and replace it with the new one. He completed the install with a little trouble and programmed the remote. There was a wobble when the fan was turned on that he tried to correct with weights. This took him a considerable amount of time and he admitted that he hadn't done too many fan installs. He did his best to get it balance but ultimately could not get it done. I told him not to worry that maybe Dave could do it when he came by to get paid.
Slow forward more than a month and there was no contact from Dave. No call, email, no invoice nothing. Then one day an email arrives along with an invoice for $367.79 (5 hrs labour and $25 for the ladder rental), nearly double the estimate. I was pretty choked and replied that I was pretty surprised at the invoice but had no problem paying it but that the fan was wobbling.
Dave responded that the wobble was probably due to the slope of my ceiling and the "buffeting effect" and he was sure Will "had done his best". The problem is the fan has a 3 foot downrod which makes his suggestion ludicrous. He did not mention the amount of the invoice or the reason it took 5 hrs to do a simple fan installation. He then suggested that he could come by to try and balance the fan a few days later.
The day before Dave was due to come by for the repair he sent an email to confirm which I did not get until the next day. On the day of the repair, he sent another email to inform me he could no longer meet the date and cancelled offering to reschedule.
I was not happy that Dave did not even bother to call regarding the appointment and asked that he come by to balance the fan. I was informed that his next availability was now almost 3 weeks later. I agreed.
Once again Dave had an issue and could not make that date and once again sent an email I did not see. No phone call, no text just an email.
I tried one more time but this time I had a meeting at work that I could not avoid and could not make it home in time for 6pm. Dave called this time (maybe because he finally showed up as agreed) but was not willing to wait as I was on my way home.
I suggested that I could get someone else to complete the job and subtract the cost from Dave's invoice.
I decided to pay the invoice instead and write this review in hopes that others won't have the same misfortune as I did in dealing with Cove Power.

Hi Kevin, thanks for your feedback. My crew and I take great pride in our work and strive to make every experience a positive one for our customers. It's unfortunate you weren't satisfied with the fan install or my five attempts to link up with you after 6pm per your request. I admit that's not an easy task with my young family and a working spouse. Your post is extremely one-sided. And it fails to mention the complete lack of communication on your part. Or the disrespect I experienced in trying to make this right for you. Hopefully you will show more respect to other service trades in the future than you did to me and my crew. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

PB from North Vancouver
PB from North Vancouver
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Kitchen pot light install, new hardwire fire alarm install & outlet checks

We've used Dave and cove power twice after numerous electrician quotes. We felt the most comfortable with Dave. He is so professional and personable. He is very prompt in returning emails/texts/calls. We received written quotes in a timely manner. Couldn't be happier with him and his teams service. Everything went smoothly, everything ran on time from when they said they'd show up to approximately when they'd be finished. Dave's team is very professional and hard working. We will continue to call cove power for any elecricial upgrades/concerns. Although our jobs were not massive ones for him we felt just as important with our small job as he stopped by with his team to run through things. Thank you guys so much!!!

A in North vancouver
A in North vancouver
4 reviews NORTH VANCOUVER, BC

Bathroom Reno and Fixture Replacement in bedrooms and stairs

We used Cove Power as they were hired by our general contractor for our home renovation, but I'm happy to say that we are planning on using their services again for future electrical work throughout our home. They are professional and efficient with their time and priced fairly in comparison to other electricians I have received quotes from.

We had new 3 switches and outlets installed and replaced 9 others and had 5 light fixtures replaced.

gord in lynn valley
gord in lynn valley
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Service upgrade

Dave did a great job. We was friendly and easygoing, but very professional. He explained the process with hydro very clearly and gave me good advice. The inspector seemed happy with his work.
I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

Cheryl M.
Cheryl M.
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Installation of lighting in garbage shed for strata complex. Also added photocell timers to exterior lighting.

We got 3 quotes for our small project, and selected Cove Power. Dave came out to the job site as promised, completed the work ahead of schedule, and gave us a reduced bill. How refreshing! Dave also gave one of our strata owners instructions over the phone (free) on how to troubleshoot a light fixture they installed themselves and could not get to work. His advice fixed their issue. We will have Dave do all out electrical work in future, he was professional, friendly, and his work well priced.

More about Cove Power

Cove Power Is Your Local Electrician. We live in North Vancouver but proudly serve all our friendly neighbouring communities. So it doesn't matter if you're in West Vancouver, Burnaby, Vancouver or beyond - if you want a professional, dependable, honest, experienced electrician, Cove Power can help. And we do it ...
Looking for Electricians pros in North Vancouver?