JJ Home Renovations

JJ Home Renovations

Reviews for JJ Home Renovations

Johanbaor in North York
Johanbaor in North York

Bathroom, drywall taping and painting

I highly recommend this company. They are very professional, neat and reliable. I have contracted them for different projects for the last four years.

I will recomend this company for the following reasons:

1. Reliability; they met the time frame to complete the project
2. Reasonable pricing
3. Very clean and neat
4. licensed and qualified people
5. I am satisfied with the quality of their job

Building renovation

We hired this company to do a general renovation of our low rise building apartments almost 2 years ago. I am not surprised to read some of the reviews here about them. These guys "re-branded" from JJ Handyman Services to JJ Home Renovations, that alone speaks volumes, but not in a good way. He was an unlicensed worker back when we hired them, I am not sure if that has changed. We were foolish enough to let him do light electrical work and some re-wiring, which we had to re-do later with a licensed electrician. There was a few red flags and lessons learned in retrospect: 1.)He was unlicensed. 2.)He didn't provide a written quote, estimate or anything with their company name or logo. 3.) He asked what our budget was prior to him even looking at our work order. 4.) Regardless of budget, the price kept on climbing to a point where it went over by $5000. 5.) Poor accounting of work done and materials bought despite asking for this information. At the end we asked for statements but he could only show us a handful of crumpled up home depot receipts. All in all, a very important and costly lesson learned for new property owners. Do your due diligence, hire reputable companies that advertise their metro licensing # and WSIB info. Ask for a written contract and estimate and obtain copies of all information and credentials. I wouldn't rehire this company.

In retrospect, there were a few red flags

Elizabeth from York
Elizabeth from York

Replacing a flood damaged ceiling

He did really nice work, clean and neat, but he estimated $800.00 and I budgeted $1000. I have contracted services for a total renovation of this house and two others so I am used to working with builders. I have never had happen what happened with this chap.

When he was done he said he would normally charge $2,500 for a job of this nature but from us he would take $1,800 - I was shocked, it was not a big job it is a relatively small bedroom. He wanted to charge me over double for the job. If he would normally charge $2,500 for that job I would NEVER hire him, I don't care how neat and nice he is. We paid him $1000 and will not have him back. Too bad.