Priority Mechanical Services Ltd.

Gas Line Installation
3160 Alps Rd Ayr ON N0B 1E0
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Kitchener  >  Priority Mechanical Services Ltd.

Reviews for Priority Mechanical Services Ltd.

Ryan in Ayr
Ryan in Ayr

Poor Sales Service

Copying my Google Review:

Had a gas line for my bbq installed by priority. Better pricing (and flat rate! no expensive per foot costs) than any other gas fitter in the area that I called. Were able to come out within a couple days and the work was done perfectly. Install was neat and tidy, no sloppy work at all. They also oversized the line (3/4" when it only needed to be 1/2") to future proof without even being asked or being charged extra for it.
Priority also did the hvac on the house, the same workmanship shows there as well with completely sealed up duct work and runs that are all ran cleanly.
Overall, it's now my go-to place for hvac/gas work.

*edit Feb 2018*

Have to revise my review and lower the rating to 2 stars. Had them quote a unit heater for my garage and was quoted a reasonable price on the unit. Several days later on the day they were to come out and quote installation, they emailed me back not only asking to come the next day to quote instead, but also saying they made a mistake on the price and it was actually 50% more than originally quoted. They would also not honor their initial pricing because it would be at a loss to them. Pretty disappointing and poor customer service from Steve in regards to this, not the way to do business.

Their previous work was good, so maybe for straight forward installation they're okay but not impressed at this time.

To the owner of Priority Mechanical - please feel free to reach out to me to correct this situation.

*edit2 Feb 2018*

I ended up sourcing a different readily available retail unit heater and asked Priority to still do the gas hookup since their installers were always good. However, due to the above review, they refused to provide any services even after offering to revise the review to reflect any continued good service. Lowering rating to 1 star since I am no longer able to use their services and would discourage anyone else from using them.

Dan Holmes in Kitchener
Dan Holmes in Kitchener

Furnace install

I purchased an older house that required a new furnace due to finding a cracked heat exchange. After having 10 suppliers come to the house to provide a quote, Steve from Priority Mechanical was one of the most professional and offered the best advise and product. In the end I went with the Trane S9V2B060 as I needed to meet the Home Energy qualifications to receive a rebate, and it received great reviews from consumer reports. The installers arrived as scheduled and did an excellent job, Shawn was and absolute pro and the furnace looks and operates so quietly I can hardly hear it. thanks again guys.

christopher in Toronto
christopher in Toronto
1 review Cambridge, ON

Trane Central A/C Unit Installation

I am a very discriminating buyer when it comes to products and services for my home. Having said that, I would like to thank Priority Mechanical Services (Ayr) for the exceptional service that was provided by not only the quoting representative but especially the two technicians that performed the installation. The technicians far exceeded my expectations during the installation process. They went above and beyond to ensure the install was completed the best way possible. Thanks to all at Priority Mechanical

D in Waterloo
D in Waterloo
3 reviews Waterloo, ON

Basement ductwork & gas fire

Basement duplex needed duct re-routing for code & I was looking to get a gas fireplace in to make the place nice for my in-laws. Great installation team; very knowledgeable. Would use again

Steve in Kitchener
Steve in Kitchener

New furnace, old house

We have a house built in 1895. The existing 17 year old furnace was mid-high efficiency, but the bedroom (top) floor was colder than the main floor, with small ductwork throughout the house. Jeremy sized the furnace to fit the house, after looking at the house, and asking about the insulation that is in the house! The house now has a very even temperature on all levels, and feels more comfortable overall. While a new furnace will be more efficient, I feel that the work of the installers helped balance the heat. Great work!

1 review Kitchener, ON

New trane furnace with humidifier

First class, professional, and personable job! :)
Ask for Steve in sales: knowledgeable, helpful, and genuine. Job details, equipment instructions, and maintenance tips were fully explained by friendly installers. Sean and Calvin did a phenomenal, meticulous job with the instal, wow! :)

Shiloh in Kitchener
Shiloh in Kitchener
1 review Elora, ON

New Furnace and AC

Both our AC unit and furnace were on their last legs. We received 4 quotes from companies. Steve was really great to explain their products and the rebates available to us. We also appreciated that he did not try to sell us into something we did not need.

Installers came at 8:00am and were finished just before 4:00pm with no mess left behind. We also really liked that Priority took out the proper permits to complete the job. We are very satisfied with the work performed, the professionalism of everyone we dealt with and with the product that was installed. We highly recommend giving them a call.

G & D in Waterloo
G & D in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

New Furnace and A/C

We recently had Priority Mechanical replace our old furnace and A/C. The experience from start to finish was the best we have had with a trade after 35 years in our home. Jeremy was extremely knowledgeable and patient; everything that was promised was delivered exactly as he said it would. The installers Shawn and Liam were incredible - super nice guys who were absolute perfectionists at their trade. They made sure that I knew I could ask questions and were willing to make any changes that were deemed important to me. They were clean and respectful of our home and I really can't say enough positive things about them. I could not find one single thing about the installation that was not perfect. I would say anyone looking for the services offered by Priority Mechanical would be hard pressed to find a better company.

New HVAC System

With our A/C dead for over a year and our oil furnace on its last legs, we did some research as to our options for a new HVAC system that did not rely on oil but did not require access to gas. The heat distribution in our 150 year old stone house also was a problem from the time we moved in. Our research into a new Mitsubishi heat pump system led us to Priority as a licensed dealer of this system. Jeremy and Steve met with us to assess our current HVAC system, challenges with the old house and explain two different heat pump systems. Jeremy had a thorough knowledge of both the Mitsubishi and Trane systems and how they would work in our home. With their guidance, we chose the Trane system and couldn't be happier. The additional air returns and they installed and rejigging of existing ductwork improved the air flow 100% in our home - and has helped with our damp stone basement problems.

The installation crew was courteous and worked tirelessly, and even called in additional crews to work until 7 pm on the day that Jeremy had promised we would have our A/C back (it was during the hottest week we had in mid-august - and we were SO greatful!).

Jeremy also came out to try and get our old A/C working before the new system arrived knowing that I was home with a baby in the house and it was extremely hot. He was not able to get it running due to the age of the system and some missing/ripped wires, but we really appreciated the effort to try to make our home more comfortable in the interim until our system arrived.

Steve and Jeremy answered all of our questions and Steve was even able to find us a rebate program to help with cost of the replacement of the HVAC and new tankless water heater. In cleaning up, the crew also vaccumed the piles of leaves in our basement that had accumulated over last fall and winter. They absolutely went above and beyond while working in our home.

We could not have been happier with Priority!

Debra in Ayr
Debra in Ayr

Furnace and Air Conditioner replacement

This company was such a pleasure to deal with. Everyone is so professional and knowledgeable and also extremely helpful and friendly. Anyone who wants to have extremely reliable and great people working on their home should use Priority Mechanical.

More about Priority Mechanical Services Ltd.

Your satisfaction is our top priority. Our team of more than 40 employees is eager to provide you with quality service, installation and maintenance for all of your heating and cooling needs. Established in 1996, Priority Mechanical has fostered continuous growth reflecting our reliable reputation for excellence. Our extensive product ...