The Fence

Reviews for The Fence

Linda in Maple
Linda in Maple
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Fence on 3 sides of our property.

We agreed last year to share the cost of a fence with our neighbor and then decided to go ahead and get the rest done. Due to weather things were backed up longer than we wanted however that was not the fault of the company. Once they were able to, we found them very respectful and courteous and eager to please. The fence looks amazing and we are happy with the product. there are a couple of posts that are splitting and I hope they do not change the beauty of the fence. I ,m confident if they do that Mike will take care of us. We also had issues with one of the neighbors and Mikes team tried very hard to keep him happy. If we had one complaint, at times he was very difficult to get in touch with...mailbox full so you couldn,t even leave a message. But other than that..I would recommend Mike and his team to anyone looking for quality work.

Linda McNally and Wayne Martin

Kevin in Hamilton
Kevin in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Work was good quality, follow-up was disappointing

Mike quoted me for two sections of fencing for my property 2 summers ago. I decided to go with him because his price was reasonable and after meeting with him, I felt comfortable choosing his company.

Mike didn't do the work but two of his employees did. Overall I was fairly pleased with the quality of the work, and I told Mike as much after the job was done. Some of the planks had discoloration but I was willing to accept that. I think that just kinda happens with pressure-treated wood.

At my gate, one of the 6" posts that were used had significant discoloration (almost the whole post was a dark brown), and it really made the gate look poor, unfortunately. I felt strongly enough about it that I told Mike that I wasn't pleased with that one element, and he agreed (by email) and said they would replace it.

However, they never contacted me to correct the issue and when I reached out to him he said he would get around to it, but he never did. I emailed 3 times about it I think, and the last one he didn't respond to. So that was quite disappointing, and I regret taking a risk by trying to support this local small business.

Now, one of the posts is totally twisted and as a result the fence doesn't close well. Can't saw I'm very happy, overall.

It's too bad. Mike was nice enough overall.

Hey Kevin,
I apologize for not coming out and fixing the gate post. We get busy and sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the emails . I've since hired more guys to help with the demand . I'll gladly come out and fix the problems that have came up with the fence free of charge . Pressure treated lumber tends to twist but we shouldn't have put the discolored post in . I really want to rectify the issue here and feel poorly you had a bad experience . Please email [email protected] and I'll have it taken care of early next week , just need the address .

Thx

Mike

Amazing job done on fence and moving fort!!!

Mike and his crew did an absolutely amazing job! They moved a huge fort for us to give us more room in the yard. My wife and I have been looking at fences for the last couple of months and the 90 ft. of solid fence Mike and his crew put on our backyard is the nicest we have seen by far. It is solid, totally private with no gaps at all and looks incredible. The whole work was clean and done in two days (including the movement of the fort).I would recommend Mike to anyone.

1 review Hamilton, ON

deck renovation

Beautiful work will be reccomending you to all my family and friends thanks mike and his team of great qualified workers you did an exelent job will be happy to be doing work with you again very very happy to have done business with you

Jody in Hamilton
Jody in Hamilton
1 review Smithville, ON

Due Diligence not done!!!!

The Fence guy obviously has no concept on proper fence installation or city by laws. This crew placed a fence in a random location showing no concern for property lines. The fence he constructed was not agreed upon by the neighbors and was placed 5 feet over the survied property lines. He never aproached the neighbors or requested the survey from the homowners. He took the word of the homeowner and did not do his due diligence by requesting a survey or going to the city to verify the property dimensions. His job resulted in thousands of dollars damage to the neighboring property landscape as they uprooted plants shrubs and grass. As a result now seeking legal action to remove the fence and concrete to try to attempt to restore the property back to its former state. Thee owner has now made false claims he spoke to the neighbor about the location of the fence. however upon speaking to several other qualified and highly respected fencing companies they all assured me that the proper method is to use survey's not word of mouth . He placed a chain link fence improperly as well as used the wrong chain link size not meeting by law pool enclosure requirments. This company obviously does not meet the standards . As you can see clearly in the picture the cedar trees are on the property line not where he placed the fence encroaching 5 feet on neighbors properrty

This is a conflict between to neighbours. We followed directions given to us by homeowners involved. We started this project in middle of March, we placed posts where we were directed to. We then left them for a 1 1/2 because of water issues. We finished up the job end of the month and you were home during the final build. Not once did you come over and voice displeasure with the placement of the fence, nor did you bring up anything about damages to the property. If this was an issue it should have been stated before completion of the fence. Since then a lawsuit has been issued to the homeowner that we did the work for. There is obviously bad blood between both parties and we're caught in the middle of it. We go to work just trying to do our job and follow directions given. Never have I had such problems arise from a fence installation. A proper survey was then done and we've since removed the fence and reinstalled post well within the homeowners property and you still have a problem with the placement even though you got a survey done? We look forward to completing the fence and being done with this job. I feel bad that you have such negative comments about our company but I assure this is a one off. We've completed hundreds of jobs with extremely happy customers who gladly come back for more work or refer family/friends/neighbours to us.

All the best with your next steps.

Thanks,

Mike

Amy from Stoney Creek
Amy from Stoney Creek
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Beautiful Modern Fence and Gate!

From the initial no-obligation quote, Mike was prompt, polite and full of ideas. Unlike other fence installers who subcontract their services, Mike and his team do it all from start to finish. They even have hand held augers to drill post holes in areas that a bobcat cannot fit. For these reasons we hired The Fence Guy to design and build our wood fence and gate and we couldn't be happier with the end result.
Mike's ability to address issues and think outside the box was impressive and the workmanship was top notch. The guys were always polite, pleasant and cleaned up the job site at the end of each day. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to build a fence and gate.
Thank you again Mike and team for such high quality work! Our fence looks amazing!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and we're thrilled you're happy with the fence!

Stan in Dunnville
Stan in Dunnville
1 review Dunnville, ON

Fence

Thank you to the “Fence Guy” for erecting a great fence on our property. My wife and I are both very pleased with the look of our new fence. Great job Mike and guys. Nice gate too.

Thanks Stan! Was our pleasure building the fence for your home.

Theresa in Hamilton
Theresa in Hamilton
8 reviews HAMILTON, ON

light fencing around new home

We had quotes done and were pleased with the detail in the quote. This job was to make the fencing less visable (so as not to destroy the esthetics), and it was done well.

More about The Fence

Our mission is to build a company around hard working, honest and reliable builders to offer the golden horseshoe area high quality fencing services. With over 15 years of experience in the industry, our fence work is of the highest quality. View our website for more information and photos of ...