Drain Sense Drain Service Ltd

Reviews for Drain Sense Drain Service Ltd

Dina
Dina

Kitchen Plumbing

Vince was awesome. I called during weekend and he was super pleasant and provided seamless transaction -he coordinated with our tenant and tenant also provided feedback indicating he was great! A++. Highly Recommended!

Dina,It is always a pleasure dealing with you and your tenants. Thank you for putting your trust and confidence in Drain Sense to make sure your tenants are happy and the job is done right. We take pride in making sure all jobs run smoothly from beginning to end.We are here to serve you 24/7! Looking forward to doing more business together and please do not hesitate to contact us further should other plumbing issues/emergencies arise at any of your rental properties.

markskaz
markskaz

Drain cleaning

The best contractor/specialist I ever had to deal with. Did great job, on time and call to let me know he is arriving.

Thank you very much Mark for the wonderful review and glad you were happy with our service!

Linda in Brampton
Linda in Brampton

Maintenance plumbing

Very pleased with the service. Professional, knowledgeable and efficient.
My kitchen sink was snaked, 2 toilets were replaced and one toilet way repaired.

One of my toilets is a Kohler. The Fill valve was defective and I figured I will have it replaced but Vince insisted to have the whole toilet replaced because the part would cost more than a new toilet!
He was right!
Very satisfied. I like when trades are efficient and clean after the job
I trust your members because they know they will be rated after they are done!

Hi Linda Thank you very much for taking the time during the Canada Day long weekend to write a great review! It was great working with you and I am glad I was able to assist you with all you plumbing and drain needs. Have a safe and fun Canada day!

Erik in Mississauga
Erik in Mississauga

Various Plumbing and Other Works

I have gotten work done from Vince & his team at Drain Sense on several occasions. The first time Vince did work for us was at a commercial office of a family member of mine - where Another company had quoted us 8,000$ to remove all the concrete foundation and replace the entire piping network underneath. We found this excessive and decided to call for some additional opinions. Vince showed up and told us this was completely unnecessary, that the pipes were not shifted and only blocked. After verifying this with his camera he proceeded to solve the problem. Even though he encountered different complications on the way, Vince resolved all issues and did not invoice us any extra, sticking to his original quote despite our willingness to pay more.

Since then, Vince has performed several projects, big and small, for clients of mine in various locations. Plumbing and otherwise, I would never hesitate to contract Vince for any works required, or to refer him for any reason to my associates. Great Work Vince - Keep it up!

Thanks Erik for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review. Much appreciated! It is a pleasure subcontracting for an honest and meticulous contractor like yourself. Thank you for the trust you put into myself and our company to make certain the job is done right at a reasonable price. Together we always make sure the customer is extremely happy at the completion of any project.It is always a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Main Drain

Lately I have been having issues with my main drain. I have called 2 different companies , both telling me I need to dig my front yard without attempting to resolve my issue. Tree roots is the root of my problem. They quoting me between $6000-10,000. Vince from Drain Sense came and battled for about an hour and a half cutting the tree roots using his large cutter. He bought be some time until I can put some money away. His quote do the job was a lot less then his competitors. Thank you for all your hard work I will be contacting your company to fix my issue soon. I will be telling all my family and friends about you. Thank you and God Bless!

Great review much appreciated. I am glad I was able to buy you some time in order to get your finances in order. Unfortunately when your dealing with tree roots it is only a matter of time before the issue reoccurs. Fingers crossed you should be good until the Fall. Please do not hesitate to contact us should further questions or concerns arise.

Melissa in Woodbridge
Melissa in Woodbridge

Great Service!

Called a few plumbing companies prior to hiring Drain Sense to snake my kitchen sink and replace a cartridge. All 3 companies quoted me between $280 and $300. Drain Sense came and did the job for much cheaper. The technician was very knowledgeable! I'm extremely happy with the work and more so with the price! I will be using your services again in the Spring! ( I will me replacing my 3 toilets)

Hi Melissa, We try to be very reasonable with our pricing. We know how hard it is to earn a dollar and understand that every dollar counts! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.Our technicians love what they do and make sure our customers are always happy with the service. When you are ready to replace your toilets when calling use promo code:usedyoubefore and receive a $50 discount. Technician will be dispatched to apply discount once job is completed. Have a Great weekend!

KMorse in Peterborough
KMorse in Peterborough

Plumbing - Faucet Change

We hired this company (through Jiffy) to change a faucet in one of our apartment units.
This is after having a positive experience with Vince the first time around but the person who came to work this second time (Vince again) was like night and day and was shocked to say the least by the time he left.
When we arrived onsite the tenant had not returned from their errand so we were waiting a few minutes and I messaged them - I was a little annoyed as I am sure he was - still no excuse for what I am about to tell you.
In this time I said we can reschedule for later in the day to return (as they were on their way home) OR reschedule for the next day - he opted for the latter and we parted ways.
By the time I walked to my car, about 2 minutes later the tenant called and said they were walking down the street - I called him back to let him know so he can make the decision on what to do and as a grown up he made the decision to return - after cursing on the phone.
When he showed up he brought his angry devil with him (metaphor) and proceeded to change the faucet. He threw the tenants personal items around under the sink, knocked their compost container off the hook and made a complete mess under the sink. He was cursing in front of my 8-year old child, banging things everywhere, then the moment came when he had to leave to get a tool from his truck to fit the faucet in place.
When exiting the main floor door, he pushed/slammed the door open so hard it hit the mailbox and shattered the glass - the tenant and myself heard a loud bang.crack noise and thought OKAY, he is a little crazy and loosing his marbles right now so we will let him be, I still was okay because I knew maybe he was just a little frustrated and being a passive person does not help me either. He then returned a few seconds later, set the faucet in and left. We followed behind so she could look the door behind me and we noticed the smashed glass and confronted him right away, he said he did not do it and the glass was smashed when he arrived - I would have noticed the glass smashed like that when we arrived because it is very noticeable and would NEVER blame someone for it after they completed work for us. I knew then right away he was not going to confess to it because I didn't actually see him in action only heard the incident and he just kept saying it was like that when we got there. Keep in mind the glass WAS NOT like this when he arrived because I allowed him in and being a Landlord we do not leave our properties in this type of condition. Even my tenant who walked me out said Katherine look what happened. The other tenant who lives in the building also mentioned it when she came home from work a couple hours later - because it was never like this. To this day we have a feeling he did it because we heard the crack when he slammed the door open with his anger, there is no way someone came along in this lovely neighbourhood within a 20 minute time frame would throw a sharp object against the glass to shatter it like that and we also could see the point of impact where the corner of the mailbox hit the glass.
We called the police, made a report but because of the he said/she said we could not prosecute him for property damage / vandalism and of course he denied it with a straight face. After doing further research on him, on Home Stars, ripoffreport etc... we came across a lawsuit against him. It is unfortunate because he has some good reviews and some bad reviews and while everyone's experience may differ I think I was one who got a good experience AND a bad experience given I hired him again after the first experience. But after the second time it is CLEAR that something is not right and it was a scary and shocking experience. To know someone can go from completely normal to irate that fast when it is not going their way tells a lot.
Being in customer service myself you can never loose your composure so much so that you become unable to control yourself and put the comfort and safety of others around at risk. Vince could have easily said NO I will com the next day as we planned 3 minutes instead of turning around. But he came and should have came with his happy face on and kept the frustrated one in the car. As a professional your consolation is you would charge someone for your wasted time... which he did happily BTW and I would need to accept that. But what he did is inexcusable. PLEASE do your research first. Drain Sense formerly Drain Source.
We will now have to probably eat the $800.00 cost of this on our own unless small claims decides otherwise, because he is not grown up enough to accept his mistake and will just deny it anyway because I did not 'see him in action'. SO much for a $50.00 faucet change!

Drain Sense has been serving the GTA and surrounding areas for over 25 years. We take great pride in customer satisfaction. These false statements fall under the liability and slander act. We apologize and do not take responsibility in replacing a door that was already broken in the first place. Some not all tenants will blame others not to claim the damage. Blaming hard working technicians for s door that was already broken, when there are a lot of people going in and out of your rental property including children is a terrible thing to do. If you have cameras or if your neighbors have cameras please roll them back and see exactly what happened on that specific day.However, although all plumbing work was done 100%. We did instruct Jiffy to reimburse you and not make you pay for any plumbing services rendered at you rental property on that day. Please contact us further to discuss this matter.

Jack from Toronto
Jack from Toronto

Hired Drain Sense for Plumbing rough and finish for our new interior design co.

DRAIN SENSE (416)337-1040 I want to start by saying that dealing with Drain Sense for our plumbing project for our new building has been a great experience! My partner and I searched hi and low for a good plumbing Co. We contacted a few companies and had work commenced only to find out they were not licensed! (it's truly scary out there people please be careful! be extremely diligent before having anyone tear apart your property!) We then hired DRAIN SENSE. We met up with Vince and Matt, They took out permits and cleaned up the mess the previouse so called licensed plumber did. We were behind schedule due to lost time between firing the previouse plumbing co and hiring Drain Sense. Drain Sense assured us that as soon as permits were received they would get to work immediately and work day and night until work was completed. The did exactly that! They delivered beyond our expectations and work was passed by the inspector. The price that we were charged was pretty fair. A big thumbs up....I recommend this company 100%.

It was a pleasure meeting the two of you! When we received the call from you it sounded like you were in a bind. We are glad we were able to complete your project in a timely and affordable manner. Looking forward to working with you both in the future. Thanks for the great review!

Scott from Scarborough
Scott from Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Bathroom Reno

I want to start by saying that my wife and I have had several positive experiences using homestars with reputable companies.

Such is NOT the case with Drain Sense or should I say "Drain Source" (more on this later)?

My wife called Vince to have him do some minor renovations on our house. Some tiling on the bathroom wall, laying down of peel and stick linoleum and installing a toilet - all of which we supplied to him. He agreed to the work, stating he was happy to do it - in fact, outwardly, he seemed very nice to my wife so she hired him.

He said the jobs would cost a total of $1500 and he would need a $700 deposit. We were told it was a "3 day job" by Vince himself. He began the work on a Monday. We anticipated an end of day Wednesday completion so I went to the house to check on his 'progress' on Wednesday. All that had been done was the tiling on the bathroom wall and it was not complete.

I phoned Vince and asked him why so little had been completed and he responded to me by saying "I'm really busy doing this job in Barrie" (??? what am I paying you for??). He stated that everything would be done by the following Friday. I accepted this and hung up. Then, I started to further inspect his work. I'm no contractor, but I know terrible work when I see it. The tiles had been stuck to the wall without using any type of spacer which meant they were uneven and some had zero space between them to be able to grout (which obviously leads to water damage later). It looked awful. Furthermore, there was tiling cement on our hardwood floors which cannot be removed easily at all.

I called Vince back and told him I wasn't happy with the little work he had done and we agreed that he would take $300 from the $700 cheque we gave him for the work he did. I was fine with that gentleman's agreement. He never came good on his word to return the $400. "I'll hand deliver it to you" he said. One excuse after another and still no money.

I then started doing some research on Vince. I Googled his full name and lo and behold, a company called "Drain Source" came up which WAS his company name before he likely changed it to Drain Sense due to several VERY negative reviews on sites like RipOffReport.com (search for yourself) and the BBB. Customers, even people he's worked with (!) complaining about his business practices and broken promises.

Bottom line is, I've accepted that he's got my money. It is what it is. My hope is that someone reading this will decide not to hire him and not have to go through what we've gone through. The rest of the reviews here I can only guess are written by him using some other user name.

Buyer beware. Do your research (the truth is only a Google search away) and make sure you select companies that have a positive rating with a good number of reviews.

Avoid Drain Sense (or any other company with Vince's name on it) at all costs.

More about Drain Sense Drain Service Ltd

***GREAT RATES***24/ 7 Emergency Plumbing and Drain Services***Residential, Commercial, Industrial*** We specialize in all aspects of plumbing and drain work from Frozen Pipes. snaking, video inspections, power flushing, new installations of faucets , vanities, pipe replacements, backwater valve installations and more! We have been serving the GTA and it's surrounding ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Vaughan?