Saint Catharines ON L2N 7L7

Reviews for Home Sweet Home Inspections

Mike in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
1 review Welland, ON

Excellent service, that paid for itself!

Overall an excellent experience, very thorough, explaining issues and possible future problems throughout the inspection, made many suggestions, but wasn't pushy with recommendations. Detailed report given right after inspection along with a follow-up report emailed with photos. Even responded quickly to questions we had many days later. Offered but didn't push an asbestos test, which we decided to have completed, and it actually ended up saving us money on our offer as things previously unknown to us and the homeowner were discovered. In the end, this equipped us with information and knowledge we didn't have previously that will be of great benefit since we are planning extensive renovations... to know where things stand now is invaluable. Would use them again without hesitation. Thank you, George!

Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us. I'm really happy that you were able to have a price reduction on your home based on our inspection results. I hope things work out with the home and you are able to undergo the full renovations you desire. Let us know if you have any questions in the future.

G.Mendes, C.M.I.,

Dianne in Ridgeway
Dianne in Ridgeway
1 review Fort Erie, ON

The Perfect Guy for the Job

We had initially booked with another company, but after the insistence of my son, I changed to Home Sweet Home based on reviews here at Homestars. What a pleasure it was to meet and work with George. Home inspections are a titch stressful, but my Son and I were confident we were getting the best within mere minutes of meeting and chatting with George. We walked away knowing exactly what the house needed. I've been there twice previously and never noticed half the small and medium items George pointed out. His opinions and report enabled me to confirm this is indeed my forever home. But the best part? Who else gets such a fun, laugh out loud inspection? A wonderful experience with the perfect mix of humour and professionalism! Would recommend 1000 times over!!!! Thanks for making this easy on us George!

Dear Dianne,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review! Your review speaks volumes to why I enjoy this business so much! I love meeting and working with clients such as you and your son. I love ensuring people are truly finding the right home for them. I like to keep things in perspective and try and put my clients at ease. Also you have to have fun doing what your doing, especially in Crystal Beach!

G. Mendes,

sbalint in Ajax
sbalint in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Home Inspection

Based on George’s credentials and good reviews online, I used him for a home inspection. He was thorough in his review of the home, showed me where there were issues and provided an extensive checklist/report as well as photographs of areas of concern. He also had better pricing, which included answering any questions that I had after the inspection. I would definitely recommend George.
Sandra

Hello Sandra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review! It was my pleasure working with you in the purchase of your property. Please contact me if you ever have any question or concerns about your home.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

George Mendes, C.M.I.,

Heather in Hamilton
Heather in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Customer service

I would like to give George Mendes top marks for his excellent customer service. George did the home inspection for the buyers of a listing I had in Hamilton. Not only were the buyers satisfied with the home inspection and the house itself but my interaction with George was excellent. He went over and above the call of duty to make sure everyone involved in this home purchase was completely satisfied. I would not hesitate to refer George to anyone looking for a Home Inspector.

Heather McMurray
Re/max Escarpment Realty Inc., Brokerage

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for the very positive review! It is always our pleasure to ensure every aspect of our inspection is the best that it can be including customer service. I'm glad that you and your client were satisfied with our service. I sincerely hope to work with you in the future.

Anne in St. Catharines
Anne in St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Home Inspection = Niagara Falls, On

I called Home Sweet Home to do a home inspection for me, based on reviews online. I am a female, buying alone and so I needed someone who knew what they were doing and who was honest. I cannot even begin to tell people what an amazing experience this was. George came to the house, did the inspection and took the time to explain everything and answer all questions. It is a pleasure to find someone who cares about what he is doing, and provides the best advise and information during this critical time of home buying. I would tell anyone - there is no one else you would want to hire to do your home inspection. Incredible from start to finish.

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad that I was able to help you through the home buying experience and that you will be taking my advise in regards to maintenance issues. I hope that you enjoy your home for years to come. Please reach out to us in the future should you ever have any questions regarding this property.

Raul in Mississauga
Raul in Mississauga

Home inspection by Home Sweet Home Inspections

Excellent inspection by Ian Johnson from Home Sweet Home Inspections, very thorough inspection, all details explained clearly, received pictures with the description of the issues found. Fully recommend for his/their work.

Hello Raul,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. I'm glad that Ian did a great thorough job inspecting your home for you. If you ever have any questions about the home in the future please reach out to us at your convenience.

Rob Lawrie in St. Catharines
Rob Lawrie in St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Home Inspection Niagara Falls

I was entirely satisfied by the service I was provided by George Mendes of Home Sweet Home Inspections. He was very thorough and explained everything very clearly. I was very reassured by what he said and showed me throughout the inspection process. In addition he was a pleasure to work with. I would certainly recommend George and his company to anyone about to initiate a home inspection.

Hi Rob,
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. It was a pleasure working with you. I will forward you that copy of our home preservation manual as promised. I hope you enjoy your home for years to come.

905-324-HSHI

Karina & Daniel
Karina & Daniel
1 review St. Catharines, ON

First Time Home Owners House Inspection

George came highly recommended to us by multiple friends. He was very flexible to accommodate our inspection date and showed up right on time. He was very thorough with his inspection and took us through a walk through to go over any issues or concerns, as well as, provided an inspection report. The shed was locked during the inspection and he was unable to enter so he came back on a different date to inspect it for us. We are very happy with the inspection, he was very professional, friendly and offered sound advice. We will definitely recommend Home Sweet Home Inspections to our friends and family!

Karina & Daniel,
Thanks so much for the very positive review, I sincerely appreciate it. I'm thrilled that you were both very satisfied with our service. It was our pleasure to come back and do a check of your shed as it did have power running to it with a sub panel. It was a pleasure working for you both. I hope you enjoy your home for years to come.

Lindsay in Niagara Falls
Lindsay in Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Quick, accommodating and professional advice!

George accommodated me with short notice and multiple inspections on the go. He was very through and gave me a good understanding about the things needed done with my new home!

Hello Lindsay,
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review! I sincerely appreciate the feedback and hope you enjoy your home for years to come. Please download the home safe manual I forwarded you as this is an excellent tool for first time buyers.

George Mendes, C.M.I.,

Jbravo in Toronto
Jbravo in Toronto

First Time Home Buyer: Hamilton

As a first time home buyer, George was very informative and eager to help! His workmanship was amazing! Would recommend to family and friends! Thank you!

Sincerely
Jordan and Adrianne

Jordan & Adrianne,
Thank you so much for your very positive review! It was a please meeting you both and working for you. I hope you are able to work things out at that home. I wish you all the best and if you need anything please reach out to us.

More about Home Sweet Home Inspections

Trusted by home buyers for more then 10 years to help them make informed buying decisions. For a limited time we are offering Thermal Imaging with every inspection. Our inspectors are certified and carry full insurance. In October 2017 we took home the Hamilton Spectator peoples choice award in the Home Inspection Category for the Hamilton - Niagara Region. We are also Baeumler approved.