Fireplace West

CC from Ottawa
CC from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Beautiful Valor fireplace / Excellent work

Robin and Connor did an amazing job on replacing the 30 y/o gas fireplace with this beautiful Valor G3 fireplace. While the product is beautiful, the workmanship and quality of the work done made us glad we did business with Fireplace West. They were quick, easy to work with and responsible. Thank you

It was our pleasure. The Valor G3 is our goto insert for brick fireplaces, very luxe. Thank you for your generosity with lunches and strong coffee. Have many great winters.
Thx Celine, for the great review, Connor, Robin.

Replacement Fireplace

A couple of years ago Robin replaced our wood burning fireplace with a gas insert. Last winter, we had a major renovation and used the fireplace extensively because of workmen going in and out of the house constantly and the occasional power outages due to electrical upgrades.
Robin has been helpful and prompt with any questions that we have had.
We highly recommend them.

Thanks Lynn for the very positive review. I love hearing from past clients. I was able to help you with a few queries during this extreme cold; glad to do it. Best in 2018.

Fireplace installation

We have just commenced a rebuild activity in the basement and decided to investigate having the addition of a fireplace. Robin was able to assist in selecting the right fireplace, the appropriate location and final finished design. Communications with Fireplace West were prompt and they were able to meet a tight schedule! The installation, which included all the drywall finishing as well as everything in between was very professional. Looking forward to enjoying the family room this winter!

Best of the job, Cynthia, was allowing us to put in a bigger fireplace, the x36 by Napoleon. You and Sarath have a very Merry Christmas. Great review, thx, Dana, Connor, Robin.

Carol in Binbrook
Carol in Binbrook

Second fireplace from Fireplacewest

We just recently had a second gas fireplace installed by Robin and Fireplace West. We are very happy with the beautiful work they did. The fireplaces work great, look great and were installed with care and attention to detail.

Thank you Carol, Doug for the great review. You made it easy for us; you chose top Canadian brands, Napoleon and Valor. The Valor G3 insert into a stone fireplace is my GOTO pick for a luxe look with lots of heat. Have a great winter. Robin, Connor.

New Fireplace

Robin and his crew took down my old fireplace which had a mantle and tiles and replaced it with a new Napoleon fireplace. What a difference it made! Fireplace West is a very professional company. They showed up on time, worked full days, covered all the areas they were walking on and cleaned up at the end of the day. The drywall which now surrounds the fireplace was installed to perfection. I especially like the fact that they do the entire removal and installation from start to finish. This is the second time I have used Fireplace West and have no hesitation in recommending them,

We love you Bev, Bob. Repeat customers are the best. Very contemporary look with clean drywall. Thx Dan. Thx for the great review, Connor, Dana, Robin.

Trudy in Barrie
Trudy in Barrie

Gas fireplace

Robin and his team took out the old, ugly, red brick fireplace and left us with a beautiful piece of art! Could not be more pleased with the outcome - they were quick, easy to work with, and created such a beautiful end result! Robin came out to our east-end home, helped us source a fireplace in a nearby store, built us a new surround that matches our style to a "T." We should not have waited so long to get this done, but now that it is, I could not be happier! Our intention is to paint it to match the trim - that will come this winter.

Many thanks for this!
Trudy and Bruce

You have great timing, Trudy, Bruce, with our extreme winter. You took advantage of our wood to gas swap and upgraded to the beautiful Valor H5 fireplace. Brother Dan's mantel that tied into your cabinetry was the best. I posted the unpainted fireplace pic, beautiful!! Thanks for the stellar review, Dan, Connor, Robin.

Edo in Ottawa
Edo in Ottawa

Gas Fireplace replacement

Robin and crew did a great job.
Our old gas fireplace was scary, outdated and we lost a lot of heat due to poor installation.

While removing the old fireplace and mantle Robin discovered an issue with the structure (fire hazard).
They did a great job rebuilding the mantle and finishing it with a beautiful ledge-stone.

While doing an initial inspection of the gas line, Robin noticed that the air-intake for our furnace room was not sufficient. While he came to replace the fireplace, he also upgraded the air intake for the furnace and water-heater.

Robin came highly recommended by our neighbor, I have no issue recommending Robin and crew myself.

Edo and Stephanie surprised us with a change in design at last minute. I have to say GORGEOUS! Great look. Thx, Connor, Robin,Dan.

Heather MacDonald in Ottawa
Heather MacDonald in Ottawa

Wood to Gas Fireplace Conversion

A very positive experience having the team of Robin, Dana and Connor remove our wood fire place and replace it with a gas one.

A huge consideration for us in proceeding with the work was the desire to preserve the existing granite tiles around our fireplace.

Robin accepted this challenge. He told us he had done a similar installation before, felt it would be possible in our case, but no guarantees. Robin's honesty and extensive experience gave us confidence that his assessment would be accurate.

Sure enough, we have a beautiful new gas fireplace, with all of our original granite tiles intact!

Work was done in 2 days at a very competitive price. We are happy customers and would highly recommend Robin and Fireplace West to others.

Sometimes the fireplace gods are with us. We were able to keep the matching kitchen counter and fireplace granite intact. The Napoleon X36 which is our Goto Fireplace looks awesome. Great clients. Thx for the sterling review. Robin, Connor, Dan.

Rick and Cathy
Rick and Cathy

Wood to Gas Fireplace Swap

A big thanks to Robin, Connor and Dan for a job well done in swapping out our old 80's wood fireplace with a new Napoleon gas fireplace. Not including Robin's well earned two week vacation, the job was completed within six working days of my initial evening email contact with him, through his Fireplace West website. Robin responded to my email request within the hour and was at our home the next day to discuss our job and give us a quote. After speaking with Robin, I felt comfortable in accepting his quote on the spot. I have no reservation whatsoever in recommending the services of Robin and his crew. I have dealt with many contract jobs over the past 35 years and mark this as one of the most professional, smooth and pleasant experiences. Cathy, Cooper and I thank you, and look forward to a cozy warm winter.

Quite a compliment on our service Rick. Fw's wealth is Dan and I have worked together since 1973 (old guy alert). Dana is the boss on bigger projects. Young Connor (three year employee) keeps us on track and is a lot of safety hound. We are impressed, Rick, Cathy, with your finishing skill sets. Thx for the great review.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Converstion wood to gas fireplace

I am thrilled with the service provided by Robin of Fireplace West. He responded quickly to my enquiry and recommended the appropriate gas fireplace for my home. He coordinated the purchase of the fireplace, the installation of the new gas model as well as the finishing work that included tiling and a new mantle. No other company does it all. What is even more important is that it was done with such care and attention to detail. It looks great!

Awesome review Keltie. The best of Fireplace West is brother Dana and it was our great good luck that he took control of the finishing work here. Awesome client too. Thank you, Dan, Robin, Connor.

More about Fireplace West

Fireplace West supplies and installs the best Canadian and NA gas fireplaces, stoves and inserts, Napoleon, Regency and Savannah heating for Linears..

FW is a Premier Gas Contractor. We are four people, myself, Robin Hetherington, Connor Whiteside with my son, Matt and brother Dana as needed. Connor and I are a lot of an odd couple. In my 70th year, I'm pretending to be semi-retired; I do try to take some serious holiday time throughout the year. Connor, at 23, thinks of himself as about to retire (lottery win, being fired, divine......). The good/bad news is that we are just busy all of the time. I think it's because our fireplaces services are such a bargain and our great clients are driving our Homestars following.

We prefer to be known for and by our online presence at fireplacewest.ca. We DO NOT have a storefront. With the resources of the internet, we source great products. We have best price relationships with local suppliers and answer our mail. We offer great personal service.

We are unique in that we finish what we install. We do amazing Ledgestone walls, tile and finished drywall. Check out our WORK SHOWCASE off of our HOMEPAGE to view past projects.

Our "best value and big trend for 2017 is our wood fireplace to gas swap out". This is where we remove those 80's and 90's wood fireplaces, replace with a new gas fireplace like the Napoleon GX 36 Direct Vent and repair the tile. Those are two/three day projects (approx $5600 plus HST), priced less than a small bathroom renovation.

BULLETIN!! Maybe new trend for FW. We have installed 2 VALOR L2 linears, TV CONNECTION, since January. Am bidding on third.

Let's talk fireplaces. [email protected] 613-720-3186.