Fireplace West

marjorieliddle in Ottawa
marjorieliddle in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Gas Fireplace Installation

Neighbours recommended Fireplace West to us & we are thrilled that they did! From the initial phone call that I had with Robin I knew he was the right person to convert our wood burning fireplace to gas.
Two things struck me about Fireplace West. The first is that it is a family run business (Robin, Dana & Matt) who are very experienced, talented and have strong work ethics. Truly, they are stand up guys.
The second is they do the project from start to finish. They went above and beyond the call of duty to provide incredible customer service. They are professional, knowledgeable & hard working.
I will certainly refer family & friends who may be interested in having a gas fireplace installed.

Marjorie, Glenda, very experienced, yes. We bring Matt, young son and gas tech, along to bring down the average age of 72. We really enjoyed working for you providing a very clean upgrade for a Minto centerpointe home. Thx for the great review, Matty, Dan, Robin.

Private User reviews , ON

Fireplace and mantle instalation

We were extremely pleased with the instalation of our gas fireplace. Robin and his crew were very courteous and listened to our ideas and added suggestions on their own. We would highly recommend this company to anyone and would choose them again at any time to do work for us in the future.
Joanne and Rudy Strass

Really kind of you, Joanne, Rudy. Your project was special. You booked with us the full meal deal, wood to gas, mantel and tile, e-fire loaded Napoleon GX36 Gas Fireplace. AND we were shut down two days later in a March by Covid restrictions. All good, we caught up to each other in August and now done. Thx for the great review, Robin.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Fireplace Upgrade

Robin and his team at Fireplace West are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

Dan and Robin recently did a first-rate job installing, finishing, and servicing our new fireplace. A pleasure to work with.

Highly recommend!

Thank you Bob, Cheryl. We seem to be doing a lot of cabinet and drywall finishing this fall. Have a great Christmas, stay safe. Thx for the review, Dan, Matt, Robin.

Alpine Runner
Alpine Runner
1 review Limoges, ON

Awesome Fireplace Upgrade

We are thrilled with the job that Robin and his team did updating our fireplace.

Robin answered all my questions during the selection process and provided excellent advice. He also effortlessly accommodated the many changes I asked to make.

Initial estimates for cost and schedule were 100% spot on.

The install took a day and he got along very well with our cat.

We are so happy with the fireplace and have been enjoying it almost every day since.

A little late in my career bu I should have become the fireplace installer for Crystal Beach. Checks the boxes, young families, bungalows, stone fireplaces and I seem to have installed a lot of Valor there. Richard, you are my guy, DIY, removed a big stone and cement hearth and cleaned and tiled this rough space. A Valor 3.5 insert is LUX. thx for the great review, Matt, Robin.

JenLock
JenLock
1 review Limoges, ON

Best and Most Reliable Fireplace Dealer

Contacted several dealers to convert a wood burning to gas fireplace.  Fireplace West was the most affordable and a one stop shop.  Didn’t have to organize roofers or gas fitters as Robyn and his team did it all. Robyn lived up to all his promises including timeframe and did a fantastic job.  Robyn and Matty took great care of the house and no mess.  We are thrilled with the fireplace and sitting in front of it enjoying a whiskey!
Thank you so much Robyn, Matty and Dan.

Jennifer, David, Napoleon makes it easy for us. Lovely home, Lovely people. Thanks for the great review.

helen robertson in Ottawa
helen robertson in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Brilliant New Gas Fireplace with finished surround ( and old fireplace removed)

I have wanted a central Gas Fireplaces in our living room for years. There was an old ugly fireplace which had been installed in a corner by previous owners which was NOTin a place that allowed you to "sit round the fire" Various people had told us that we could not install a new Gas Fireplace because of the geometry of the house, gas lines , vents etc.

I went through the Ottawa reviews( again) and gave Robin a call. Robin turned up and did a thorough site visit looking at what was possible with work and ingenuity and not just "all the reasons it would be difficult to install a Gas Fireplace in your home!" He also listened carefully to what I was looking for and advised on options to make this happen.

I was gobsmacked (in a good way) Fast forward less than a week and Robin and his family Dana and Matt arrived to do the work. In 3 days they removed and capped the awful old Fireplace and surround sorted all the outside Gas lines etc. and installed our new Fireplace and surround. Not only that Dana drywalled the area where the old fireplace had been and built a whole new surround for the new Fireplace which he filled sanded and finished ready for painting. I had asked that the Fireplace be raised as I had a mental image of a more vertical Fireplace.The guys sourced and replaced the skirting board molding around the whole area including the new fireplace giving it a great finished look.

We had the lighting up ceremony (and drying out the surround) yesterday. It looks brilliant!

Thank you Robin, Dana and Matt for giving us a Fireplace we can sit around!
Yes, of course I would recommend this exceptional Family Business.

Exceptionally pleasant dealings once again. Matt, Dana and I love when there is a vision and the client is comfortable enough with us to leave us alone. Kudos to Matt and Dana for installation, framing and drywall. Best room in the house. Thank you Kendall and Dr Helen for a great review. Matt, Dana, Robin.

ValD
ValD
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Excellent service

This firm came out in response to a concern I had with my gas fireplace as the pilot light didn’t stay lit. They started to explain How to trouble shoot it but then offered to come to my home to show me
They arrived on time and not only inspected the pilot light but took apart various parts of the fireplace and cleaned parts including the glass front. My system now works perfectly.

That Catholic Guilt again, Valerie. Between being a bit lazy and my mission of only selling fireplaces not needing service calls, I was hoping to get this done over the phone. No go. Anyways, a simple call; I love Napoleon. All good. Thx for the great review, Valerie. Matty, Robin

Duncan
Duncan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Install new gas Living Room fireplace

So impressed with Robin, Dan and Matt, the "team". We contacted the company, learned about their products and services, and 9 days later we are enjoying a beautifully installed and aesthetically awesome Napoleon Ascent gas fireplace. Nine days! Are you kidding me!! Fast, friendly service, super professional. They helped figure out the best location in our living room and custom designed a built-in installation that looks like it came with the house. All around nice people to do business with. They not only honoured the agreed upon price, but in the final analysis offered a nice discount too. Can't do better than that. Thanks so much.

Thank you Duncan, Cindy. Again, you get what you give. We agreed on a project, pretty light on detail and you let us go. Our client of choice. Looks awesome. Thx Dan, Matty, Robin.

Amy in Toronto
Amy in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fireplace

I always wanted to have a fireplace at my home and GOSH I FINALLY have it!
Many thanks Fireplace West for my comfy place at my home where I can sit and relax

Amy, I'm convinced that "comfy homes" are what we sell. At my own house, we wouldn't walk into the family room without turning on our Vermont Castings gas stove. Thx for the special
review Amy. Robin, Matt, Dan. Happy thanksgiving.

Jim Bickford
Jim Bickford
1 review , ON

fireplace install (Fireplacewest)

Price was one consideration when we selected fireplace west (it was lowest) but I was particularly impressed with the positive reviews. The job is now finished and my review is no different. They predicted two days, came when promised, provided helpful advice and the work was neatly and efficiently completed. Thank you Robin for a job well done.

Loved your basement project Jim, Gaya. I think better than our price is we answer our mail and show up. A busy time this fall. Keep safe and enjoy this winter in your new home. Robin Thx.

More about Fireplace West

Fireplacewest.ca is a premier gas fireplace contractor.

We supply and install Napoleon, Regency, Vermont Castings and lately, a lot of Valor gas inserts. These are the best of Canadian and North American brands.

We are unique. Our mission is to have none to zero warranty work and to provide a complete package from the gas fireplace sale to finished drywall and stone. All of our pics are our work alone. A bit of Catholic guilt ensures a timely response to feedback. We are good listeners.

Company trends have to do complete swaps, wood to gas conversions with full finishing.

Let's talk fireplaces. Robin@fireplacewest. 613-720-3186.