Fireplace West

Reviews for Fireplace West

Hubert in Ottawa
Hubert in Ottawa

Fireplace (2) installation

Robin is a true gentleman: prompt, corteous and very helpful. He did a great job installing a beautiful fireplace in our livingroom and another in our finished basement. I would recommend his services to anyone.

Hubert, you were a lovely family to meet and work for, pleasant dealings and a great review. Superior choices with a Napoleon Havelock stove and a Valor G3 gas insert. Thx, Robin, Matt.

Tuson in Kanata
Tuson in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Robin's a beautiful fireplace just what I wanted

Robin is an excellent worker. His jobs are clear and was done on time and in a professional manner.
He quoted my a price and did it for that price .
The fireplace out better then I thought it would he cut the back piece prosise to fit and it did.
I love my fireplace and I am happy I found and used Robin he did the job thank you Robin for a wonda wonderful fireplace and looks amazing
Shirley

Great Client. Shirley, you sourced us on our great reviews and we tried to live up to them. Your right, the Napoleon insert, the Inspiration ZC LOOKED AWESOME. And it's still cold these mornings. Thank you for the great review, Robin.

Robert in Ottawa
Robert in Ottawa

Excellent installation and service

I had a Napoleon gas stove (fireplace) installed three years ago. The installation was done well and the results look great. The price was also better than quotes I had from other local installers. The stove has been operating trouble-free ever since. I recently had a cleaning done by Fireplace West and the stove looks as good as new.

Kind words Robert. Your stove did look new. Napoleon's Havelock gas stove is my GOTO model, about 20 out there. I love ultra dependable, lots of heat. Thx for the Review, Matty, Robin.

Catz in Toronto
Catz in Toronto

Gas stove installation

about 6 years ago we were searching for a company who could install a gas stove in our solarium. A friend recommended Fireplace West. We met with Robin, the owner of the company and knew right away that this is the man who will do the job. Robin gave us many options and guided us through selecting the stove which we have now. we never regretted our decision. Rob did an amazing job. We are very thankful to him. But the most amazing thing about Robin is that no matter when we called him for some minor issues (mostly due to my ignorance with switches and batteries!) he came right away. He is very friendly, professional and compassionate about his work. We are planning to buy another house and the first thing would be to get Robin there to help us with another gas stove! Thank you, Robin, for all your wonderful support.

Thank you Farhat, Mike. A big Shoutout for Napoleon's dependable gas stoves. Remote control batteries are my #1 service call. We have become good friends through your Almonte organic food store, Dandelion Foods. Look forward to helping with your new home. Great review, Robin, Matt Hetherington.

Bonnie in Scarborough
Bonnie in Scarborough

Installation of gas fireplace insert

In late November I went shopping for a gas insert to replace the wood burning fireplace in my home. I visited the “big stores” found what I liked but was told it would be approximately 3 weeks before installation. A family member suggested I call Fireplace West, which I did and the next day Robin came over, measured my fireplace, immediately placed the order for the one I wanted, with delivery confirmed he said it would be 1 week for installation. He had a company over within 3 days to clean my chimney, 4 days later I had my new gas fireplace installed. With this freezing Jan. I have used my fireplace everyday, the cat thinks it belongs to her, the warmth is incredible. Thanks Robin for great service, I highly recommend Fireplace West, so easy to deal with. Bonnie B.

The fireplace does belong to the cat, Bonnie. Haha. Sometimes as a small family company, we can be more responsive. Again, our model of zero to none warranty work points to another dependable Napoleon gas insert. You were very pleasant to work with Bonnie. Thx. Robin, Connor.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

fireplace insert

the pluses: - the owner found me a client site to show an insert style that I was interested in but could not see at a local showroom
- he did not install the fireplace when he realized that the chimney needed to be cleaned and running the fireplace would smell
the negatives: - he did not include a chimney cleaning which was needed in the quote
- he did not notice a lip on the front of the existing fireplace when quoting
-he mentioned his high home star rating many many times during the quoting process - it was a bit much
-he walked away from the job without even talking to us and giving options saying he could not install the chosen insert and it should be smaller; yet the Fireplace and Patio Centre quoted and installed the exact same insert successfully and for a lower price

Thank you for the 3/10. Could've been lower. I missed a couple of major details in quoting you which came back to bite me at the start of install. I decided to cancel because with the expense of the project, you deserved a positive experience. Sorry. I handled it badly. The Fireplace Center is an excellent company. Sent a personal note and expression of apology to Synandra and Ed, 14/2/19.
POSTSCRIPT. I received back a very gracious acceptance of my apology from Synandra. This is "old school" in a world of Facebook and Twitter. Wow. Robin Hetherington, FW.

Jake in Kanata
Jake in Kanata

Gas fireplace installation

We chose Fireplace West based on a recommendation. We were pleased in every way with the company's owner, Robin Heatherington, his workmanship, his attention to detail, his cleanliness (hardly any mess at all), and his friendly manner. I'd highly recommend him for a gas fireplace project.

Our turn. Susan, Jake, friendly clients, serious finishing skills, appreciated the attention to detail, Lux Valor Horizon Fireplace. Great review, thx Connor, Robin.

Pamela in Manotick
Pamela in Manotick
1 review Newmarket, ON

70s Wood Burning Fireplace To Gas Conversion

My husband and I are thrilled with our new gas fireplace. We had an excellent experience with Fireplace West from my initial phone call to Robin through to our last day of installation. Robin, Dana and Connor did an amazing job of bringing my dream fireplace photo to life. Great attention to detail, quality craftmenship. It was so nice to work with a crew who care so much about their work. Thank you!

Thank you Pamela, Matt. This was one more Lux Valor insert but better. Pamela had a plan with stone and a drywall finish over her 70's brick fireplace. Again, you were an other amazing client who gave us Carte Blanche. Thx Dan, Robin, Connor. Merry Christmas. ZOWIE. 100 REVIEWS!!!!!

Keltie Wade from Nepean
Keltie Wade from Nepean
4 reviews Nepean, ON

It was so good, we did it again!

Fireplace West installed a gas fireplace in my family room in 2017. One of the features of the service that I appreciate is that Robin consults and provides advice about the best options available for the living space. I was so happy with the work he did that and the cozy new fireplace in the family room that I contacted him about doing another installation in my basement in 2018. Again I am thrilled. It is the perfect solution for my home.

I'm surprised I'm not selling x 2 fireplaces in each home. You had a great basement Reno and the smarts to get another Napoleon GX 36 Fireplace to make it cozy. Good friends here. Thx Dan, Robin, Connor.

Andrew  in Nepean
Andrew in Nepean
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Taking Care of Business

Robin and his crew did a great job. We didn't know what we would find when we dug into the job, but he rolled with the punches and just got the job done. Robin has a keen eye on detail with a strong mix of technical know how and artistic ability. I would strongly recommend him for any fireplace renovation where you care about the quality of the work and finished product.

Andrew, this job was pure pleasure. It had a few solvable blips, great client, awesome product choice, the Valor G4, loaded. Have a warm family Christmas in your new home. Thanks for the great review, Connor, Robin.

More about Fireplace West

Fireplacewest.ca is a premier gas fireplace contractor.

We supply and install Napoleon, Regency, Vermont Castings and lately, a lot of Valor gas inserts. These are the best of Canadian and North American brands.

We are unique. Our mission is to have none to zero warranty work and to provide a complete package from the gas fireplace sale to finished drywall and stone. All of our pics are our work alone. A bit of Catholic guilt ensures a timely response to feedback. We are good listeners.

Company trends have to do complete swaps, wood to gas conversions with full finishing.

Let's talk fireplaces. Robin@fireplacewest. 613-720-3186.