HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Ottawa  >  Fireplace West

Reviews for Fireplace West

1 review Ottawa, ON

A couple of years ago Robin replaced our wood burning fireplace with a gas insert. Last winter, we had a major renovation and used the fireplace extensively because of workmen going in and out of the house constantly and the occasional power outages due to electrical upgrades.
Robin has been helpful and prompt with any questions that we have had.
We highly recommend them.

Thanks Lynn for the very positive review. I love hearing from past clients. I was able to help you with a few queries during this extreme cold; glad to do it. Best in 2018.

1 review Ottawa, ON

We have just commenced a rebuild activity in the basement and decided to investigate having the addition of a fireplace. Robin was able to assist in selecting the right fireplace, the appropriate location and final finished design. Communications with Fireplace West were prompt and they were able to meet a tight schedule! The installation, which included all the drywall finishing as well as everything in between was very professional. Looking forward to enjoying the family room this winter!

Best of the job, Cynthia, was allowing us to put in a bigger fireplace, the x36 by Napoleon. You and Sarath have a very Merry Christmas. Great review, thx, Dana, Connor, Robin.

Carol in Binbrook
1 review Ottawa, ON

We just recently had a second gas fireplace installed by Robin and Fireplace West. We are very happy with the beautiful work they did. The fireplaces work great, look great and were installed with care and attention to detail.

Thank you Carol, Doug for the great review. You made it easy for us; you chose top Canadian brands, Napoleon and Valor. The Valor G3 insert into a stone fireplace is my GOTO pick for a luxe look with lots of heat. Have a great winter. Robin, Connor.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Robin and his crew took down my old fireplace which had a mantle and tiles and replaced it with a new Napoleon fireplace. What a difference it made! Fireplace West is a very professional company. They showed up on time, worked full days, covered all the areas they were walking on and cleaned up at the end of the day. The drywall which now surrounds the fireplace was installed to perfection. I especially like the fact that they do the entire removal and installation from start to finish. This is the second time I have used Fireplace West and have no hesitation in recommending them,

We love you Bev, Bob. Repeat customers are the best. Very contemporary look with clean drywall. Thx Dan. Thx for the great review, Connor, Dana, Robin.

Edo in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Robin and crew did a great job.
Our old gas fireplace was scary, outdated and we lost a lot of heat due to poor installation.

While removing the old fireplace and mantle Robin discovered an issue with the structure (fire hazard).
They did a great job rebuilding the mantle and finishing it with a beautiful ledge-stone.

While doing an initial inspection of the gas line, Robin noticed that the air-intake for our furnace room was not sufficient. While he came to replace the fireplace, he also upgraded the air intake for the furnace and water-heater.

Robin came highly recommended by our neighbor, I have no issue recommending Robin and crew myself.

Edo and Stephanie surprised us with a change in design at last minute. I have to say GORGEOUS! Great look. Thx, Connor, Robin,Dan.

Heather MacDonald in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

A very positive experience having the team of Robin, Dana and Connor remove our wood fire place and replace it with a gas one.

A huge consideration for us in proceeding with the work was the desire to preserve the existing granite tiles around our fireplace.

Robin accepted this challenge. He told us he had done a similar installation before, felt it would be possible in our case, but no guarantees. Robin's honesty and extensive experience gave us confidence that his assessment would be accurate.

Sure enough, we have a beautiful new gas fireplace, with all of our original granite tiles intact!

Work was done in 2 days at a very competitive price. We are happy customers and would highly recommend Robin and Fireplace West to others.

Sometimes the fireplace gods are with us. We were able to keep the matching kitchen counter and fireplace granite intact. The Napoleon X36 which is our Goto Fireplace looks awesome. Great clients. Thx for the sterling review. Robin, Connor, Dan.

Rick and Cathy
1 review Ottawa, ON

A big thanks to Robin, Connor and Dan for a job well done in swapping out our old 80's wood fireplace with a new Napoleon gas fireplace. Not including Robin's well earned two week vacation, the job was completed within six working days of my initial evening email contact with him, through his Fireplace West website. Robin responded to my email request within the hour and was at our home the next day to discuss our job and give us a quote. After speaking with Robin, I felt comfortable in accepting his quote on the spot. I have no reservation whatsoever in recommending the services of Robin and his crew. I have dealt with many contract jobs over the past 35 years and mark this as one of the most professional, smooth and pleasant experiences. Cathy, Cooper and I thank you, and look forward to a cozy warm winter.

Quite a compliment on our service Rick. Fw's wealth is Dan and I have worked together since 1973 (old guy alert). Dana is the boss on bigger projects. Young Connor (three year employee) keeps us on track and is a lot of safety hound. We are impressed, Rick, Cathy, with your finishing skill sets. Thx for the great review.

3 reviews Ottawa, ON

I am thrilled with the service provided by Robin of Fireplace West. He responded quickly to my enquiry and recommended the appropriate gas fireplace for my home. He coordinated the purchase of the fireplace, the installation of the new gas model as well as the finishing work that included tiling and a new mantle. No other company does it all. What is even more important is that it was done with such care and attention to detail. It looks great!

Awesome review Keltie. The best of Fireplace West is brother Dana and it was our great good luck that he took control of the finishing work here. Awesome client too. Thank you, Dan, Robin, Connor.

We are very happy with Robin and Fireplace West and love the Napoleon fireplace they installed for us.

They replaced an old wood burning fireplace with an easy to use natural gas fireplace. They also setup the rough in to mount our TV above the fireplace. We are very happy with the professionalism and the quick turn around from initial consult to finished product.

They went above and beyond our fireplace installation, when they replaced the previous faulty (natural gas) bbq line line with a new one. This is the type of company and service that deserves to be promoted in our Ottawa community. Thank you Robin and Fireplace West.

AJ & Susan

Arun, Susan, you have a lovely home. Glad to help with the BBQ also; a safety issue for Connor and me. Thanks for the great review, Dan, Connor, Robin.

PAUL and Dawn in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Met Robin on the street installing a neighbours fireplace,had a talk and within a week had one in my basement. A very friendly professional businessman. I would recommend Fireplace West anytime. Good job Robin..
Thanks Dawn and Paul.

Ditto Paul. Beautiful workmanship and design by Dawn, Paul Great client finishing skills, pleasant clients. Thank you for the great review. Thx, Connor, Robin.

More about Fireplace West

Fireplace West supplies and installs the best Canadian and NA gas fireplaces, stoves and inserts, Napoleon, Regency and Savannah heating for Linears..

FW is a Premier Gas Contractor. We are four people, myself, Robin Hetherington, Connor Whiteside with my son, Matt and brother Dana as needed. Connor and I are a lot of an odd couple. In my 70th year, I'm pretending to be semi-retired; I do try to take some serious holiday time throughout the year. Connor, at 23, thinks of himself as about to retire (lottery win, being fired, divine......). The good/bad news is that we are just busy all of the time. I think it's because our fireplaces services are such a bargain and our great clients are driving our Homestars following.

We prefer to be known for and by our online presence at fireplacewest.ca. We DO NOT have a storefront. With the resources of the internet, we source great products. We have best price relationships with local suppliers and answer our mail. We offer great personal service.

We are unique in that we finish what we install. We do amazing Ledgestone walls, tile and finished drywall. Check out our WORK SHOWCASE off of our HOMEPAGE to view past projects.

Our "best value and big trend for 2017 is our wood fireplace to gas swap out". This is where we remove those 80's and 90's wood fireplaces, replace with a new gas fireplace like the Napoleon GX 36 Direct Vent and repair the tile. Those are two/three day projects (approx $5600 plus HST), priced less than a small bathroom renovation.

BULLETIN!! Maybe new trend for FW. We have installed 2 VALOR L2 linears, TV CONNECTION, since January. Am bidding on third.

Let's talk fireplaces. [email protected] 613-720-3186.